FTSE 350 Spreadbet Journal

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
Depends how long you want to hold your positions really.

It's impossible to know how long you'll be in though really, guess the best thing to do is have a look and see which would have been better, and go with that, and continue to review until it's obvious.
Thank you Hotch

I have just called the SB company and they have said there is a daily interest charge on the rolling spread if its rolled over, so Id be better going for the next contract, which if I roll over they will charge me half the spread.

Im leaving my positions open until their either stopped out for a loss or reached my profit target and then I leave them open and put a trailing stop in.
I put my initial stop to break even when the price goes through a S/R level thats far enough from my entry, and when I put a trailing stop in I like to lock in about half the profit if I can depending on S/R levels.
I still need to study more and try and figure out , if the trade reaches a profit target, should I close, if I think the move is exhausted or put the trailing stop in, if I think its got more to go. I guess this will come with experience.
Thank you again Hotch

I am a Rookie, and I do like feedback.

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
I rolled over all my positions to the December contract, as I was still happy with them all, and by rolling over I had to pay only half the spread.
Just going to re-evaulate the portfolio now and move stops etc.
Current P/L 38.62
Have a great weekend.

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
Does anyone know what happenned to Astrazeneca on Thursday?
I read some analysts downgraded the stock, but I cant understand why?, I havent seen any bad news, except, there seemed to be some shares taken off the market, is this what is called a buy back?
Then on Friday the shares rose a bit, also there was news on Friday that one of their drugs had been approved in the US. Would that have been a "tree shake "on Thursday then?
Anyway the drop on thursday would have hit my stop if I had been in only a couple of days, however I have made a little profit before so I could afford to leave a bit more room, so Im still in.

If someone could shed some light on this for me and put me right I would appreciate that.

Current P/L £24.51

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
Closed out my Astrazeneca position this morning for a decent enought loss, I shouldnt have let that run against me so far, about £30

Current P/L £8.39

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
I half expected Astrazeneca to rebound, but they havent, so maybe I should have shorted them, however this could have been a "revenge" trade, so I stayed out to clear my head from that position.
The Croda and Mondi positions did quite well yesterday.

Current P/L £19.82

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
My Admiral position was worrying me yesterday. But then I read it was Ex Div date, panic over.
however I tightened my stop as it looks more like a double top than a higher high.

Jul 4, 2009
My Admiral position was worrying me yesterday. But then I read it was Ex Div date, panic over.
however I tightened my stop as it looks more like a double top than a higher high.
Always be carefull mate of looming ex-divi dates when going short

Jul 4, 2009
If you are short the dividend will get charged against you , so depending on how close you are to your stop loss it can either leave you in a precarious postition or worse still stoped out. As i found out when i first started SB. All depends on how well the trade is going for you at the time i suppose and what your stratergy is

think-it-thru

Jan 22, 2008
If you are short the dividend will get charged against you , so depending on how close you are to your stop loss it can either leave you in a precarious postition or worse still stoped out. As i found out when i first started SB. All depends on how well the trade is going for you at the time i suppose and what your stratergy is
Thank you again lake_cot, I didnt know that.
I am on ADVFN this evening researching for some more trades, for this week.
Do you use SB?
What are your strategies?

Current P/L£30.99

Jul 4, 2009
S / R levels and patterns really mate. Also there are a few stocks i tend to watch all the time so have a rough idea of their behaviour