FTSE 100 Support & Resistance Levels

rfk_from_za

Hi Guys,

Was just wondering if anyone knows of any web sites that publish FTSE 100 Support, Resistance and Daily Pivot figures. I know how to calculate them, but I wouldn't mind making sure my figures match up to what others are seeing.

cheers

Rob

no idea, sorry..

you can see S&R from a chart. only use recent activity, as other levels have probably been violated...

as for pivots, dont get me started...:LOL:

Out of curiosity what do you use for your initial support and resistance levels. Eg. months low, weeks low. Some sort of Fibonacci derived number. Since I am just getting my feet wet in technical analysis it would be interesting to see what others are using in order to help guide their entry and exit points.

Rob

any level can be support or resistance..

when trading intraday , i wouldnt look too much beyond the high/low etc from 2-3 days ago....

I am sceptical re s/r, pivot and Fibonacci levels, especially re price levels identified by calculation but which price has sailed through or not even reached yet. Compared to trend I just don't see these things being sufficiently reliable predictors of future price behaviour to change entry points or position management. Of course they look dramatic on a carefully selected historic price chart, but so do lots of things like MAs and head-and-shoulders.