FTSE 100 ( question)

genti

Hello,

i have been visiting t2w for quiet some time and i got the impression that here have some very good traders, and in the main time thought if i can ask one question ,

why FTSE 100 didn't cros 4096 (but if failed twice) why at least didn't go 4097, or 4100.

yesterday in a seminar we asked this quest to 120 people and none of them got it right, hope someone here does?

because of a natural resistance level around 4100.

you need to check your posts before posting them up genti. i've had to guess the meaning in your sentences! unless you're doing this deliberately...

not many replies?

Hi both,

the right answer is :

3277 (intra day low ) X 25% = 4096

im not sure if it has come to your attention but in many years a down trend lasts up-to 30% and an up trend 25%.

most of TA's will be surprise if does not turn back to 3800 at least.

All the best
Genti

This is not clear:

Intraday Low x 25% would be 3277 x 0.25 = 819.25

So did you mean add this to the intraday low which gives:

(Intraday Low x 25%) + Intraday low

which would be

(3277 x 0.25) + 3277 = 4096

Paul

Genti,333

on that basis can we now expect FTSE at 2867

4096-30% (1228.80)

I think not.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade wot u c,not wot u fink

im not saying in which market we are but what i can say is you are not going to get 3277 X 50% this year.

Genti.

the delusion of the few creates the illusion for the many ?
What a load of round objects !

its all inkblots in a quantum world !

Every now and then they run out of blue ink and have to use red instead.

"For what a man would like to be true, that he more readily believes"
Bacon 1620

:LOL:
Having bacon at 20 past 4 in the afternoon will give you indigestion. I prefer the quote in this months Traders' mag from Mark Cook.
"In our society these days, in all aspects and all generations, everybody's a victim. They don't want to take any responsibility. Well, a successful trader takes responsibility for being a moron."

Sir francis Bacon, a master in many ways, many more would appreciate this, if they knew his more famous literary pseudonym.
Stratford-Upon-Avon wouldn't be the same :)

:eek:
Heavens. Are you suggesting that Sir Francis Bacon. (With a capital F.) is really Shakespeare?

The Bronze statue by James Butler which fronts the western face of Shakespeare's house catches the very essence of the fool. The
Learned scholar will know the symbolism represented by the triple foolscap on the stick held aloft is reflected in the triple cap on his own head. :LOL:

We are starting to lift the veil where a little knowledge becomes dangerous, so i will leave you all to ponder, but its a fair certainty that Francis Bacon was the main author. :)

He was renowned for executing his stop losses
especially when pairs trading !
:arrowd:

Sorry about that A320.
? Haven't I driven along you in my car?
Bonsai, you are replying to this as I write. Can't you tell there is nothing on the tele? Please pause for 48 hours while my brain gets back into gear.
Now, James butler: (I have one of his sinks in my kitchen). well he's caught me. Won't the triple foolscap get mushy in the rain?
But he must have been a commodities trader. So he knows when it will rain and when it won't.
And a little knowledge does indeed become dangerous. I have lost count of the number of times I thought I was going to break wind and was proved wrong!
(Sorry)
A3, what is the connection then?

Personally, I wasnt agreeing or disagreeing with the value that the FTSE may go to, I was just trying to clarify the method used to make the calculation. I dont trade the FTSE and have absolutely no intention of doing so.

Paul

actually 2867 might be a very good guess at the eventual low ?
watch out if that happens ?
of course the eventual low maybe 2468,2468 !
it happens to be around the 1987 high and 1992 low.

lol