FTSE 100 - May

I day SMA being tested.

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    14.8 KB · Views: 168
im already in the long camp...it was just a shame that the low came in the auction as when that happens on a 5th (or possible 5th) you just know its not going to drop back to it at the open the next day.

according to Tom H this morning we can look forward to an
amaaaaaaaaaaazing rally

lol

Bonsai,

I presume you are waiting for the MACD to go positive, to give you a Bonsai buy?

Using the 1hour/1day SMA on a 5 minute chart

I still have the MACD in the negative, but getting close to going +ve

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    20 KB · Views: 151
but the rsi looks like a saturday night drunk !

will be waiting for a retest of the fib

tom might be right state side, think we will see most of it in tomorrow's session.

At the moment I think I will wait for the price to go above 4329 and hold before going long.

Spring must be in the air...

2 new posters this morning to the thread.

Welcome to you both.

Thanks for the Welcome !
Actually, winter is approaching in this part of the world and it is wet outside ( unusual in sunny Perth)
kjh

KJH, whats it like trading in Aus as far as data providers and trading platforms go?

I sometimes wonder why i look at the FTSE100 when watching a single stock can provide so much entertainment/stress.

Have you seen Spirent's performance over the last few days.

Yesterday it fell 8.6%. To-day it is up 8.1%

Attachments

• chart.gif
    chart.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 155
Hooya said:
KJH, whats it like trading in Aus as far as data providers and trading platforms go?

Lousy if you want to do anything outside Aust !
Aust stocks and the 3 futures contracts are resonable. CMC had made it big here since starting about 15-18 months ago.
I trade the FTSE and ES mini on IB. Live data when i have it is via Esignal ( presently I let my sub slide after being away for 2 months) Just last week IB introduce a very crude live charting feature. This is what I use for my intra day stuff currently.
In the past I've done more on the FTSE options than futures however the trading plan I've been working on combines more futures work--with the options.
I used to do a lot on the ES mini. We are 12 hours ahead of the yanks and it doesn't do the social or family life much good starting at 9.30 pm... FTSE start is 3pm currently, 4pm in your winter.
What are the intra day chart you guys are using that I see posted?
It's like watching wet cement dry today...
I went long earlier at 4419 and scratched it when the opening high didn't break. ( closed it at 4422)
Bought some calls tho for later in the week ( I hope !! )
kjh

wow !
just had a spike to 4610 !!!

is my data feed playing up or did anyone else get it ?

bonsai said:
wow !
just had a spike to 4610 !!!

is my data feed playing up or did anyone else get it ?

Your feed.
I'm still bouncing around at 4415-16
kjh

"FTSE start is 3pm currently, 4pm in your winter"
better time frame than Sydney I guess and you can go down the beach during the morning. Come home trade Sounds great to me . So cmc are out in Aus..interesting. I use ADVFN charts and cmc spreadbetting to trade.

now that would have been an early Christmas Present but no nothing on my charts or cmc :-(