FSTE 100 shares

dan1986ccfc

I currently have a number of stocks in my watchlist that are looking like good buys.
I'm a little cautious though as it looks at the FTSE 100 index is soon to reach resistance and may come back down a fair bit.

When your picking stocks how much importance do you place on the technical anaylsis of the index itself?

Really appreciate any advice given:)

I currently have a number of stocks in my watchlist that are looking like good buys.
I'm a little cautious though as it looks at the FTSE 100 index is soon to reach resistance and may come back down a fair bit.

When your picking stocks how much importance do you place on the technical anaylsis of the index itself?

Really appreciate any advice given:)

I place a lot, its not the deciding factor as I will still short stocks that are technically in a downtrend even though FTSE is up, but it certainly determines the length of time I might hold something for. And being May, it adds to the dilemma of buying anything right now. More than happy to play it safe and wait on the sidelines.

I won't fight a ftse up (down) trend unless a particular share is clearly trending down (up) when. like malaguti, I will take a short (long), but only half position in most cases.