Best company to spreadbet on longterm ftse 100 shares?

bootsyjam

Afternoon all,
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this. I've looked at IG index and their overnight carry costs seem pretty large considering I'd be looking at trading off monthly charts so some positions could last a few months.
Does anyone know a cost effective way of trading FTSE 100 shares (longer term) in order to go short? Going long is easy after all, can just buy the shares (although that's not cost effective either).
Many thanks,
Bootsy

Thanks very much for the suggestions. Regarding etoro do you know what the overnight carry costs are (approximately). This is the big issue for me as holding a position for 3 months could be pretty painful!

Spreadbetting anything long term is inefficient . I reckon most spreadbetting companies earn more on their overnight charges than on their spreads. You'd be better trading ETFs IMO

Spreadbetting anything long term is inefficient . I reckon most spreadbetting companies earn more on their overnight charges than on their spreads. You'd be better trading ETFs IMO
Thanks for your input.
Do you mean CFDs rather than ETFs? Am looking to hold longer term positions on individual ftse100 shares and not the index itself.

Do you mean CFDs rather than ETFs? Am looking to hold longer term positions on individual ftse100 shares and not the index itse
Sorry I misread your original post, so yes I meant ETFs for the FTSE100 index.

yep its zero. Its not spreadbetting though i must add. its CFD
I think eToro claim no commission on trades but they will almost certainly charge overnight fee because of the leverage

But the OP wants to go short, and I don't think any broker will be prepared to offer that without overnight fees. If Etoro do, then that's pretty good and something I've not seen before.