Free charting software

julesrules

60 0
it is very rare that it is possible to find free real time chart and quote software. With Medved you get good quality analysis, i was introduced to it by a friend of mine she says she has upgraded to software which is expensive but has 'downgraded' back to medved because it is so good,
ideal for beginners and poor people ;)
rating: 8/10

Bigbusiness

Experienced member
1,408 23
I used to use Quotetracker but have never worked out how to backfill intra-day charts. I use the Datek Streaming Indicies data source.

Does anyone know a good way of backfilling charts?

Dr Mike

92 1
You need a data source with a backfill service, from the options in QT, Datek doesn't seem to provide it.

HTH

medved

3 0
Dr Mike said:
You need a data source with a backfill service, from the options in QT, Datek doesn't seem to provide it.

HTH
Actually, now Datek does. Update your QuoteTracker - Datek will be one of the available backfill sources.

RogerM

Established member
752 6
Very tempted to try QT. I need US shares and indices, plus Nasdaq L2 and backfill. Whilst I see there are lots of data providers available, can anyone recommend one that is fast and reliable from direct experience?

eminem

185 1
QT with a free resistration with Scottrade should give you most if not all of what you are looking for, its what I am currently using.

ianp

179 7
Hi Roger,

I am using money.net , total price is $64.85
which includes L2 and backfill

I use IB feed for the es/nq futures .

Ian

Jerry Medved

184 1
ianp, $64.85 sounds too high for Money.net with Level II & backfill.

Level I is $12.95 including exchange fees. Level II is $19.95 + excahnge fees (another $10) so thats $42.90. Money.net Backfill is free if you have both Level I and Level II. Did you also subscribe to News or PowerView?

Scottrade - one note. Gotta use a US mailing address and email should be something generic, not one with .co.uk

RogerM

Established member
752 6
Thanks guys. Jerry - do you have any recommendation, or do you need to maintain impartiality?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock