Free charting software

julesrules

it is very rare that it is possible to find free real time chart and quote software. With Medved you get good quality analysis, i was introduced to it by a friend of mine she says she has upgraded to software which is expensive but has 'downgraded' back to medved because it is so good,
ideal for beginners and poor people ;)
rating: 8/10

i think a link and sample would be nice
Medved ([url]www.quotetracker.com)[/URL]

!cid_B3502a.gif

Last edited:
I used to use Quotetracker but have never worked out how to backfill intra-day charts. I use the Datek Streaming Indicies data source.

Does anyone know a good way of backfilling charts?

You need a data source with a backfill service, from the options in QT, Datek doesn't seem to provide it.

HTH

Dr Mike said:
You need a data source with a backfill service, from the options in QT, Datek doesn't seem to provide it.

HTH

Actually, now Datek does. Update your QuoteTracker - Datek will be one of the available backfill sources.

Very tempted to try QT. I need US shares and indices, plus Nasdaq L2 and backfill. Whilst I see there are lots of data providers available, can anyone recommend one that is fast and reliable from direct experience?

QT with a free resistration with Scottrade should give you most if not all of what you are looking for, its what I am currently using.

Hi Roger,

I am using money.net , total price is $64.85
which includes L2 and backfill

I use IB feed for the es/nq futures .

Ian

ianp, $64.85 sounds too high for Money.net with Level II & backfill.

Level I is $12.95 including exchange fees. Level II is $19.95 + excahnge fees (another $10) so thats $42.90. Money.net Backfill is free if you have both Level I and Level II. Did you also subscribe to News or PowerView?

Scottrade - one note. Gotta use a US mailing address and email should be something generic, not one with .co.uk

Thanks guys. Jerry - do you have any recommendation, or do you need to maintain impartiality?

Roger,

Money.net is pretty good and the only other I would look at is IQ. Why are you considering leaving esignal ?

Paul