FP Markets

Hopefully FPMarkets will post some replies to my questions.....

Sorry about the late replies but we do not have anyone over the weekend to blog for us. I will always try to get back to you as soon as possible but I still have work to do and can not constantly monitor the site. If you do have any questions we do have a 24 hour support line and would be able to answer any of your questions

Kind Regards

Thank you FPMarkets.

I have had a look. Can you tell me whether it is real level 2 or a simulated version?

I have level 2 currently and would like to compare your platform by seeing it live before I commit to opening an a/c.

Last edited:
Thank you FPMarkets.

I have had a look. Can you tell me whether it is real level 2 or a simmulated version?

I have level 2 currently and would like to compare your platform by seeing it live before I commit to opening an a/c.

The level 2 is real, it directly mirrors the underlying exchange, we do not change any data coming through to our clients. If you would like, if you let me know which markets you like to trade I can set you up with a demo account but feed through live prices. If you send me a private message with your email address and which market I can organise this for you.

FP Markets will be starting our live platform webinars on the 22nd of March. The webinars will go through who we are, what does Direct Market Access entail and a guided tour of our platform. During the guided tour we will be covering general and advanced features of the platform, advanced order types and how to place trades. The webinar is open to both and account holder and non-account holders. To register for the webinars please visit the link below and select the time that is most suited to yourself.

Live Webiress Webinars | Education | Videos | FP Markets

FP, Whats your take on scalping? Do you allow scalping on your platform?

THanks

Hi

Being DMA, FP Markets does not look to profit from clients losses because everything is hedged. For this reason we accept all trading styles and will not stop clients from trading due to profiting from small price movements.

Last edited:
Hi,

Please see my attachment, your Market Fees and Charges are not clear to me.

1)Is the margin 3%
2)Is the 3.75 £ or $
3)Is the 3.75 for an round trip trade
4)When will you be offering Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI), ICE Brent Crude Futures,and Gold Futures.
5)If I trade more than one product,will the total contract traded be combine eg YM 250 contracts traded+FDAX 251contracts traded =501 contracts traded for the month.
6)How are you classed as spread betting company if you are offering DMA.

Thanks

Attachments

• 19-03-2012 19-53-11.jpg
    19-03-2012 19-53-11.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 195
Hi,

Please see my attachment, your Market Fees and Charges are not clear to me.

1)Is the margin 3%
2)Is the 3.75 £ or $
3)Is the 3.75 for an round trip trade
4)When will you be offering Light Sweet Crude Oil (WTI), ICE Brent Crude Futures,and Gold Futures.
5)If I trade more than one product,will the total contract traded be combine eg YM 250 contracts traded+FDAX 251contracts traded =501 contracts traded for the month.
6)How are you classed as spread betting company if you are offering DMA.

Thanks

Hi

1) Yes, for our futures they are on a 3% margin
2) Depending on the contract will denote which currency it is charged in. E.g. FTSE is in £, DOW is in $ and DAX in €.
3) The 3.75 is one way.
4) Nymex is currently under its last stage of testing and should be fully ready within 1-2 weeks. This will give oil futures. We currently do have gold contracts, but they are full size. The mini contracts will be around 2 months.
5)Yes, to get discounts on larger volumes of futures you are able to do half the volume in one contract and the other half in another contract.
6) The reason why it is still SB is that the bet/ trade is still placed between FP Markets and our clients but we automatically hedge every trade onto the underlying market.

Without trying to sound offensive, will ask a direct question: if you go down, will each client get their every penny back or are there any limits Or T&C's we need to be aware of?

... just that I've seen too many SB companies (yep.. registered with FSA) going down and taking the money along-with (having to wait years while the auditors scrape the mess is not really convenient)

A clear answer will be appreciated.

Without trying to sound offensive, will ask a direct question: if you go down, will each client get their every penny back or are there any limits Or T&C's we need to be aware of?

... just that I've seen too many SB companies (yep.. registered with FSA) going down and taking the money along-with (having to wait years while the auditors scrape the mess is not really convenient)

A clear answer will be appreciated.

I can fully understand these sort of questions in light of what has happened recently with World Spreads.

All money deposited with FP Markets are held in segregated trust accounts with a major UK retail bank. There are no hidden T+C's and in the event of insolvency clients will receive all money deposited back. We do not use any client money to hedge positions and due to our model being purely DMA we do not run any house risk because every trade placed with us is automatically hedged onto the underlying exchange. There is also no proprietary trading on any house accounts.

Kind Regards

I can fully understand these sort of questions in light of what has happened recently with World Spreads.

All money deposited with FP Markets are held in segregated trust accounts with a major UK retail bank. There are no hidden T+C's and in the event of insolvency clients will receive all money deposited back. We do not use any client money to hedge positions and due to our model being purely DMA we do not run any house risk because every trade placed with us is automatically hedged onto the underlying exchange. There is also no proprietary trading on any house accounts.

Kind Regards

What about margins, who's funds do you use for that.??
if its real DMA.?

OK FP, i've spent the last 45 minutes trying to find the FTSE100 futures contracts, and I am yet to find them, would it be correct in saying you no longer offer this?

OK FP, i've spent the last 45 minutes trying to find the FTSE100 futures contracts, and I am yet to find them, would it be correct in saying you no longer offer this?

Hi Billnye

We do offer the FTSE 100 futures contace. I am guessing that you are trying to locate this on one of our demos. We have created a page on our website that shows you how to construct the futures codes Futures Codes | Trading Tools | FP Markets. What you will find is that with our demo you will be reciveing delayed data. As I am sure you can appretiate data feeds can become very expensive if you give out alot of demo platforms. The current demo is mainly just for demostrating the functionality. If you would like to monitor the underlyinhg spreads we are always more than happy to set you up with a live demo in which you will recive the live FTSE 100 feed. For future reference the code for the FTSE 100 future ZM2.LIF

Hi Billnye

We do offer the FTSE 100 futures contace. I am guessing that you are trying to locate this on one of our demos. We have created a page on our website that shows you how to construct the futures codes Futures Codes | Trading Tools | FP Markets. What you will find is that with our demo you will be reciveing delayed data. As I am sure you can appretiate data feeds can become very expensive if you give out alot of demo platforms. The current demo is mainly just for demostrating the functionality. If you would like to monitor the underlyinhg spreads we are always more than happy to set you up with a live demo in which you will recive the live FTSE 100 feed. For future reference the code for the FTSE 100 future ZM2.LIF

Thanks for the help but it still comes up with 'INVALID SECUTIRY: ZM2.LIF'
What i'm doing is opening the quote box from the top left dropdown menu, and typing ZM2.LIF in the box below the quote button. I have changed the search category to 'futures' and still the same result.
Any help would be welcome as once I can get this sorted, I would be able to do all the other indexs too, which is exactly what I want from DMA at this time

Thanks for the help but it still comes up with 'INVALID SECUTIRY: ZM2.LIF'
What i'm doing is opening the quote box from the top left dropdown menu, and typing ZM2.LIF in the box below the quote button. I have changed the search category to 'futures' and still the same result.
Any help would be welcome as once I can get this sorted, I would be able to do all the other indexs too, which is exactly what I want from DMA at this time

Hi Billnye

This is purley because you are not reciveing the live data. If you personal message me your email address I can set you up with a live demo and I would be able to send you over some logins.

Hello - Sorry if this has been covered before but do you permit API trading on any of your platforms ?

Hello - Sorry if this has been covered before but do you permit API trading on any of your platforms ?

Hi Dealer

Currently on our webiress platform we do not allow API trading. But we are in the final stages of development on allowing our DMA Spread Betting feed throught a MT4 platform. This has mainy been at request from high frequency currency traders. I will keep everyone posted and when this does become avaliable.