Forums - how many are you a member of?

I'm definately scaling back all my forum activities as i find it can be distracting.
All the forums i've been members of, i've joined as i wanted to learn about something specific, which i have done.
To a large extent, after the learning process has been completed, remaining an active member is not a worthwhile use of time or life energy IMO!

I agree about the distraction, Im supposed to be finalizing some backtests for monday, and here I am reading forums !

My experience was very different to yours. I actually found forums to be of no benefit as an educational resource, in fact, the complete opposite, I regret the day I first stumbled on a trading forum. There's a conspiracy for you, forums are created to keep the masses ignorant !

However at the point that the learning process was complete (although I dont actually believe education is ever complete), only at that stage did I get some benefit from forums.

I guess its a bit like reading a japanese forum in the hope that you'll learn to speak japanese via osmosis. Its unlikely to happen, and eventually you acknowledge this.

So you go get a DVD, japanese for dummies, and enrol on a course at your local college, you pick up some japanese, perhaps visit japan on holiday, befriend some japanese people, and eventually you begin to read, write and communicate in poor japanese .

At that stage the japanese forum that was once puzzling, is now possibly entertaining, it may even prove to be useful

regards
zu

However at the point that the learning process was complete (although I dont actually believe education is ever complete), only at that stage did I get some benefit from forums.

Agreed. The learning curve never stops, but it does settle down/plateau out.