Forums - how many are you a member of?

JTrader

I've recently been thinking about the popularity of forums, and was wondering what % of the population/internet users etc. are a member of at least 1 forum - of any description. It would be interesting to know some stats on this.

I added up the number of forums i've been a member of. My total is 15.
10 of these forums are trading related.
The other 5 are travel, skiing, health & fitness and trainspotting related (just kidding about the last one :cheesy: ;) )
Besides T2W, on the other 14 forums i have averaged around 50 posts per forum.

How many forums are you/have you been a member of?

Only two these days.

At present i'm only active on T2W, and 5 others forums.
But it would be very rare that i would use/post in any of these 5 other forums, but it is possible that i may use/post in any of these other 5 forums.

I can't see myself posting in any of the other 9 forums, that i have signed up to in the past, ever again.

mostly trading forums. some science and psi ones.

am registered with about 4, maybe 5 other trading forums, eg; Forexfactory, forex-tsd and SBFX).
I only post on T2W.

I post on forexfactory -
A) if i think I'll get a better response to that particular question there,
or
B) if i'm too embarassed to ask the question on T2W!

Sometimes I'll post the exact same thread on both sites!!

I'm a member of four financial forums, this one I read regularly and occasionally post, rarely visit the other two, ET & FF, the other one must be so good I cant remember what its called or even the log in details, only really visit these if an interesting link has been posted on here.

If a forum entry pops up in an internet search nine times out of ten its viewable without becoming a member.

If a forum entry pops up in an internet search nine times out of ten its viewable without becoming a member.

Good point. If you're looking for info on a subject google searches will often send you to a forum, which you will find some value in accessing the info there, but would never need to use or sign up to the forum.....

The internet is super IMO - as it enables the easy flow of info. We can all educate ourselves so easily with the internet.

:confused: WTF is psi :?: :cheesy:

ESP, parapsychology, etc.
I have always been fascinated by mediumship (proper, not fakes), and clairvoyance, or any information acquired using weird methods, such as remote-viewing, (Targ and Puthoff), etc.

dont press me further. :)

I have always been fascinated by mediumship (proper, not fakes), and clairvoyance, or any information acquired using weird methods, such as remote-viewing, (Targ and Puthoff), etc.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

the only thing i know doesnt miss is a knife stuck on the ground when i have a barbecue........always works :eek:

as an example: last sunday, forecast was rain, then rain, then rain. had a barbecue. put a knife on the ground.........blue sky :cheesy:

my wife is still impressed by it

aztec witchcraft ;)

Yes

very interesting phenomena.

T2W is the only one I'm active on.

I am a member of (1)elitetrader and (2)forexforum - but I don't like the level of flaming on (1) and the newbies with silly ideas not willing to listen on (2).

I'm a member of two. Obviously t2w and pistonheads.com (the ferrari and lambo forum). Had a few trading discussions with a few members on pistion heads because a lot of the ferrari and lambo owners on there are city traders lol. They have regular meet ups at events like supercar sunday etc which i used to go to a lot when my brother had a 911 (a car i hate), but i haven't been since he got rid of it. Kinda defeats the object of going to a supercar meet up in a ford focus....

I am posting more and more on another one, but I am not allowed to tell you which one as I will be accused of advertising as there are some people here who have tried in vain to pin a vendor badge on my nick, but my posts here will be less and less as I am rapidly losing interest and my patience is nearly exhausted.

I am posting more and more on another one, but I am not allowed to tell you which one as I will be accused of advertising as there are some people here who have tried in vain to pin a vendor badge on my nick, but my posts here will be less and less as I am rapidly losing interest and my patience is nearly exhausted.

I think you're not alone there!

I've recently been thinking about the popularity of forums, and was wondering what % of the population/internet users etc. are a member of at least 1 forum - of any description. It would be interesting to know some stats on this.

I added up the number of forums i've been a member of. My total is 15.
10 of these forums are trading related.
The other 5 are travel, skiing, health & fitness and trainspotting related (just kidding about the last one :cheesy: ;) )
Besides T2W, on the other 14 forums i have averaged around 50 posts per forum.

I only post here, though I'm registered at Elite, forex factory (I think), traders lab.

Non of these are trying to relieve you of £400:devilish:

UTB

The only forums I visit are trading related, although most of course, have absolutely nothing to do with trading ! I post occasionally at T2W, wilmott & TSD, and I drop in most days to visit The Maltese Bull, Socrates and CYOF over at citybulls (and BTW memberships £500 now :LOL: ).

On the whole, spending time in forums certainly isnt particularly productive, but it does provide some entertainment through the day, and laughter is very theraputic. :LOL:

regards
zu

About 15, posting daily. Well, what the hell is a day trader supposed to do when the opportunities aren't there? :devilish:

I'm definately scaling back all my forum activities as i find it can be distracting.
All the forums i've been members of, i've joined as i wanted to learn about something specific, which i have done.
To a large extent, after the learning process has been completed, remaining an active member is not a worthwhile use of time or life energy IMO!

I'm definately scaling back all my forum activities as i find it can be distracting.
All the forums i've been members of, i've joined as i wanted to learn about something specific, which i have done.
To a large extent, after the learning process has been completed, remaining an active member is not a worthwhile use of time or life energy IMO!

You will be sorely missed. Adios!