Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
a subdued end to the year. effectively, my recent losses were the profits from Sept.
So, Oct/Nov/half-Dec wiped out Septs profits.

backtesting where I stop trying to be clever and take the 70/30 Stochs as trend-change and just take the 50 as trend change would have been the same(ish) for good trades, and weirdly same(ish) for losses.
nett difference = marginal. but fewer trend-reversal signals on choppy days, ie, dont get hit for "3-losses and out" as often on a choppy session.

(but, i think I leave more on the table, as I wait longer if a reversal takes place. this last comment an eyeball observation, no data.)

EDIT: putting aside my emotions, was a good year. so will still be in the game for 2011.

Trendie, on the subject of stochs, their supposed simplistic vanilla *value* is to tell if a security is oversold or overbought...how on earth can that work in FX?

One trade this morning (trade number 6 for the week so far and no.6 on the attachment) short for +17pips.
Nice week so far, surprisingly. I thought the action would be awful.

As far as re-capping the year goes, I must admit that I seem to have come quite a long way in the last few months particularly. My trading results have been amongst their best.
However, I know from experience that they can take a perminent U-turn whenever they feel like it! maybe im having a lucky streak. Guess i'll just have to plod along and be prepared to adapt should my trading go south.

Attachments

• fg.JPG
    fg.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 95
Trendie, on the subject of stochs, their supposed simplistic vanilla *value* is to tell if a security is oversold or overbought...how on earth can that work in FX?

Stochs show where price is relative to x-bars back.
essentially, for me, OB is a potential up-move breakout/trend.
OS is a potential down-move breakout/trend.

I use Stochs as range-break triggers!

Please understand, my long-term objective is to automate, and I am finding coding the High/Lows a tad difficult.

Stochs show where price is relative to x-bars back.
essentially, for me, OB is a potential up-move breakout/trend.
OS is a potential down-move breakout/trend.

I use Stochs as range-break triggers!

Please understand, my long-term objective is to automate, and I am finding coding the High/Lows a tad difficult.

Forgive me, I'm going through another phase (mid trader crisis :D) of questioning everything in relation to indicators and patterns..the definiton of stoch, in terms of what its supposed to represent, actually makes me smile, it's that bizarre when used in relation to FX. Oh, I've gone short on cable btw...filled at 15490..;) Stop 50, trailing stop of the same..

Forgive me, I'm going through another phase (mid trader crisis :D) of questioning everything in relation to indicators and patterns..the definiton of stoch, in terms of what its supposed to represent, actually makes me smile, it's that bizarre when used in relation to FX. Oh, I've gone short on cable btw...filled at 15490..;) Stop 50, trailing stop of the same..

no probs, BS. critiquing is good, as long as it's done in a productive manner. (y)

no probs, BS. critiquing is good, as long as it's done in a productive manner. (y)

S'OK buddy, cable could be a test today, big round number of 15,500, which is very close to the pivot. Looking to see if it knocks on the door of S1 a couple of times before breaking through, perhaps it's psyche at play but it all feels a bit quiet..still...onwards and upwards as they say..or sideways..;)

Closed my EU trade for +269 pips... I had added to the position on a pullback and decided to take profit last night in the expectation we're due another pullback to around 1.3250-ish at which point I'll jump back in with a tighter stop.

Shocking UK balance of payment figures have pushed price down and through S1...30 pips up but further to go?

Update;

Trailing stop took out trade for 14 loss..

Last edited by a moderator:
is anyone else having problems with metatrader today.not updating. Just started trying it out so any advice welcome. Its a much cheaper alternative to esignal.

Offered me +10 very quickly which gave me some confidence although I didn't take it and its not looking great now.
We'll see. Either way, last fx trade of the day.

Offered me +10 very quickly which gave me some confidence although I didn't take it and its not looking great now.
We'll see. Either way, last fx trade of the day.

i'm also looking for a USDJPY long around 83.83

stopped.
Breakeven day on cable.
One day i'll stop taking trades that aren't part of my system....one day :)