Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
airline crew LF, so i am all over the world but london is my base, its a bit of a hindernce ssometimes as when your on a plane you cant trade and sometime zones are not great especially for me i find the far east morning session a bit boring

If I hear this on my next flight I'll be sure to say hi!

"Hello everyone this is your captain. We'll be arriving at our destination soon. The dollar f***'ed me on the way over so I'm down 20 pips. Hehe, sorry about the turbulance, I had to let go of the wheel to cover my pound short. Don't worry about the rough landing, the yen is steady and I'm just keeping my nose up. Have a nice day."

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Peter

It seems like the markets have already started the festive season.:whistling
I may join and forget about the trading till mid January.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year.:)

"Hello everyone this is your captain. We'll be arriving at our destination soon. The dollar f***'ed me on the way over so I'm down 20 pips. Hehe, sorry about the turbulance, I had to let go of the wheel to cover my pound short. Don't worry about the rough landing, the yen is steady and I'm just keeping my nose up. Have a nice day."

Peter

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Peter

:LOL::):LOL::LOL:

20 points i should be so lucky haha

right off down to Macys for some christmas shopping

EURUSD - important res/supp levels for the next 24hours

For the short term I consider EURUSD a little overbought. This is why over the european trading time I don’t expect very much upside. Still, over medium term (4h and daily) I see neutral condition and this is why over the NY session and maybe even early next week the upside tendency could continue.
I see first resistance near 1,3380 but this level could be reach today during NY session. Next resistance comes near 1,3410 and after that only 1,3485 is a possible level (both fibo and previous high).
To the downside I see support near 1,3270 and below that 1,3170 strong support level comes into play.
My opinion is that for the next 24 trading hours we will rather see 1,3380 and possibly 1,3410 than 1,3270.

Last edited by a moderator:
morning all

long usd/jpy 83.79

sorry late call stop is 83.69

but my set up is usual

pin bar off Daily S1 on the 30min time frame look to exit at pivot point

morning all

long usd/jpy 83.79

sorry late call stop is 83.69

but my set up is usual

pin bar off Daily S1 on the 30min time frame look to exit at pivot point

Can I ask why you took the UJ, do you scan several pairs looking for your set up and take the trade irrespective of what pair it is?

Can I ask why you took the UJ, do you scan several pairs looking for your set up and take the trade irrespective of what pair it is?

hi black swan

i have six pairs on my radar, eur/usd, gbp/usd, eur/gbp, usd/jpy eur/jpy and aud/usd
alos i trade dax, ftse dow and s and p

i am scanning looking for pin bars of pivots, s1 or s2 either with the trend or against the trend i dont mind

i have another couple of setups to but i find the pins the most successful, it is very easy to spot, stops are easy to place (just under the pin) targets can be judged (either back to a pivot point or what every a major support area)so you know your risk reward

this can all be calculated very quickly when you see a pin

here is my chart of the usd/jpy trade

aud1.gif

things move quick went down to the coffee bar and the eur/usd gave a signal with the most recent trend

here it is, very low risk

and usd/jpy continues to climb without me :(

aud1.gif

hi black swan

i have six pairs on my radar, eur/usd, gbp/usd, eur/gbp, usd/jpy eur/jpy and aud/usd
alos i trade dax, ftse dow and s and p

i am scanning looking for pin bars of pivots, s1 or s2 either with the trend or against the trend i dont mind

i have another couple of setups to but i find the pins the most successful, it is very easy to spot, stops are easy to place (just under the pin) targets can be judged (either back to a pivot point or what every a major support area)so you know your risk reward

this can all be calculated very quickly when you see a pin

here is my chart of the usd/jpy trade

View attachment 98048

Got ya...btw Dukas are a good firm when you're ready to move away from SB..there's better free charts out there and their platforms are a bit gash, but overall they're 5* imho.

not traded much this week, just concentrating on 2 pairs, decisions made off 1/2 hr/1 hr TFs for the remainder of the year, fwiw I reckon there's more downdraft on these 2 today for all the obvious reasons, but heh, "you never know 'til you bet"..:)

Puked on the cable trade early because it flirted with S2 twice and retraced a touch, puked on the EU trade because I'm a pussy...:D. Seriously imho the Euro should be getting smashed all over the park, the fact that it isn't meant I'm happy with close on 50 and to call it a week.

Attachments

• fx graph 318.png
    fx graph 318.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 108
  • fx graph 317.png
    fx graph 317.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 131