Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Long GU 1.5147 Stop at 1.5128 Yes black swan I listened to your advice :)

Added: about the stops that is
You think we could go all the way up to at least a 50% retrace 1.5192?

Hello Mr Flibble, where did you go for last few days? Your 20pip stop is still noise for BlackSwan's style... got to be at least 50 pips on GU.

Long GU 1.5147 Stop at 1.5128 Yes black swan I listened to your advice :)

Added: about the stops that is
You think we could go all the way up to at least a 50% retrace 1.5192?

Advice will kill you quicker than a bullet on these 'ere forums mate...and (fwiw) even on half hour TFs I'd still be be short, I've been short since approx. midnight yesterday...now waiting for the swing up...way way too early for me..but you may be blob on with this trade... :) I really do have to go...

Anyone watching GU...British humour at its finest. Bounced off 1.5128 like a crazy rubber ball only 2 retest twice. Now what goodness only knows its time to call it a day.

I hit the sell button a moment too soon and found my self on the wrong end of 33 pips. Still in the trade as we watch it go down. Surely they wouldn't try the same trick 3 times ?

Added I bet they bloody well are! Here we go down again. Its been down more times than a hoers briefs.

Last edited:
Hello Leo I'm still here just had problems with my broker. Terrible platform drops out continously. I need a good broker.

Anyone watching GU...British humour at its finest. Bounced off 1.5128 like a crazy rubber ball only 2 retest twice. Now what goodness only knows its time to call it a day.

I hit the sell button a moment too soon and found my self on the wrong end of 33 pips. Still in the trade as we watch it go down. Surely they wouldn't try the same trick 3 times ?
Short tf trend is down, but there is a 61.80 % Fib at round 130 (move from the low on 16/3 to the high on 17/3 - most recent extremes) - may bounce off it.
Not good enough for me to go for a long - need trend reversal as well.

Mine's InteractiveBrokers. What's yours?

City Index the range is great I mean they cover everything 24 hours but if the platform doesnt work not much good. Spreads are pretty high too. Im still in GU buy the way will just ride this one out . Notice the previous range of tradin is now acting as our ceiling 167 is proving major resistance.

City Index the range is great I mean they cover everything 24 hours but if the platform doesnt work not much good. Spreads are pretty high too. Im still in GU buy the way will just ride this one out . Notice the previous range of tradin is now acting as our ceiling 167 is proving major resistance.

I used them five years ago. Their INDU Dow30 spread was 6 pips at that time. I moved to Direct Access ym futures within 8 months. Before that, I began CFD trading with TDWaterhouse, commission alone was $25.00 per side for US30. Total rip off.

What's the spread on GU?

I used them five years ago. Their INDU Dow30 spread was 6 pips at that time. I moved to Direct Access ym futures within 8 months. Before that, I began CFD trading with TDWaterhouse, commission alone was $25.00 per side for US30. Total rip off.

What's the spread on GU?

Its 3 pips 24 hours a day FTSE 2 pips and Dow 4 pips.

I use TD for my penny stocks very happy with TD outstanding company. TD and Barclays use a City index white label product.

GU coming back my way just unsure what to do now. I'm not used to holding this long but on a 4 hour chart it actually makes sense.

Attachments

• 100319EURUSD.PNG
    100319EURUSD.PNG
    33 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Hi Mr Flibble, I've also got a small account with city index, have same problem sometimes with not being able to get in, but what worries me is the size on some of the spikes, they don't make sense, some currency charts seem to have a 10000+ point spike at times:eek:, otherwise I'm a newb so this thread is useful to see if am going against people who know what they're doing, keep up the good work Leo, Julian(y)

Dont want to hijack this thread please post your problems with City Index on my forum discussion under Forex Brokers. I need plenty of ammo as they say its just me. After you've read this please delete your post and Ill delete mine.

Last edited:
Today could be the top in index futures, at least for short term. My reason is GU can't go up, (yes, GU is somehow related to US markets in my perception) UJ has spikes on both sides killing day traders, showing some nervousness among traders.

Levels to close below to start looking for shortselling

YM 10600,
ES 1150,
NQ 1925

today's the day. Look at equities and gold.. all crashing down... let's see if they close below my levels... if they do.. then it means

1. No more buying on UJ, EU, GU dollar trio
2. I will look to hold short positions on index futures.