Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder if you calculated the P&L on this thread whether or not it (the thread) would be breakeven? Could be quite an interesting random *trader* sample this thread, not just of performance but of the methods/psyche/money management employed etc..

I'd hazard a guess, that's all it'd be, that the thread is BE over the year or so it's been live.

I'd say probably BE to slightly positive. There are a few consistent winning traders over the months, but I haven't noticed many consistent losing traders over the months. Just my observation but most of the posters here at least have an idea of what they are doing and how not to blow up their account. This would skew the results to slightly positive IMO.

Peter

I'd say probably BE to slightly positive. There are a few consistent winning traders over the months, but I haven't noticed many consistent losing traders over the months. Just my observation but most of the posters here at least have an idea of what they are doing and how not to blow up their account. This would skew the results to slightly positive IMO.

Peter

Very good points well made.

This year I think all the regulars and now regulars are up.Porcel,redart,wacky,ddi,myself

Its very hard to judge the threads performance based on points. Wacky goes for 10-15 pips,whereas my shortest trades are generally at least 20 pips. A swing trader would want a lot more than a scalper so whats the true value of wackys 10 pips compared to a swingers 50 pips. You get wghat I mean

True. I didn't want to get into all that. There's another thread on here that's doing that argument to death.

Peter

:drunk: :party:

Like these, I can't even get any of these, no idea why.

LF, you mentioned about regulars to the thread, I'm around, but the nature of my trading style, makes live calls difficult, as you know I don't trade levels or target areas, but a TA system that flags up a trade which on the whole is a short lived trade in the market for a few minutes or less. So I don't think there is any point posting them, However, I will be around and happy to contribute every now and again. Hope thats OK

Now I'd post a smilie if I had access to one, so you will have to imagine a big fat cheesy grin, hehe

and before anybody say, hey, you got them on here, I copied them from pete

moving stop down to 110.73

should really close it out as it has no momentum down since breaking the pin

anyway i will continue with the pain

Looks OK to me, fwiw I thought your stop was in precisely the right place, HH of the session etc. I'm waiting patiently to short EJ..and cable...and EU...having ignored the last leg up; other than a few cheeky small TF pips on EJ.

Last edited:
:drunk: :party:

Like these, I can't even get any of these, no idea why.

LF, you mentioned about regulars to the thread, I'm around, but the nature of my trading style, makes live calls difficult, as you know I don't trade levels or target areas, but a TA system that flags up a trade which on the whole is a short lived trade in the market for a few minutes or less. So I don't think there is any point posting them, However, I will be around and happy to contribute every now and again. Hope thats OK

Now I'd post a smilie if I had access to one, so you will have to imagine a big fat cheesy grin, hehe

and before anybody say, hey, you got them on here, I copied them from pete

of course,the more the merrier. i was just refering to this year. i didnt even mention Be positive who hasnt posted live this year but had a good year last . Be interesting to see whos around of the live callers in 6 months time. im sure there will be many come and go, but quite few few have been contributing for a few months now.

what are you guys opinions on the three winners of the awards. Anyone been trained by these guys.I took mr charts course 8 years ago. Its changed since then,i dont think he uses the methods he taught then.

moving stop down to 110.73

should really close it out as it has no momentum down since breaking the pin

anyway i will continue with the pain

oh how the pain turns to pleasure (well not complete pleasure yet):LOL:

moving stop down to 110.60 so 8 point risk now

Looks OK to me, fwiw I thought your stop was in precisely the right place, HH of the session etc. I'm waiting patiently to short EJ..and cable...and EU...having ignored the last leg up; other than a few cheeky small TF pips on EJ.

would love to keep the stop up there BS but i try to reduce risk as quickly as possible without getting stopped out, sometimes it works others times it does nt, we shall see

all i can do is manage risk as i said before and the market will take care of the rest