Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
10 pips slippage! which broker you're using? Was it a biggish trade?

I am out at 5451.

dbfx, actually on reflection probably more like 8, but still not great, tends to upset your 'equilibrium' re. the trade as it develops though doesn't it? I then tend to puke in a sulk asap..:p That's one of a thousand reasons why I don't like the short term trading stuff (small TFs), one or two bad fills can ruin ya day. However, everything's cool in the gang, the mojo is still with me..

Shame we both didn't stay in the cable trade 'til R1 eh? Still well done anyhow, 50 pips should never be refused if day trading in this market.

It was difficult to set a target for my long, 5510 is out of question as it's too far away, so I set it to 5480 initially, but realising Swiss would not make it to 9430 today, I decided to get out.

dbfx - I am surprised you're not using a Spread Betting Co!

It was difficult to set a target for my long, 5510 is out of question as it's too far away, so I set it to 5480 initially, but realising Swiss would not make it to 9430 today, I decided to get out.

dbfx - I am surprised you're not using a Spread Betting Co!

Why?

"TBH I have no interest in being a full time FX trader, I'm raising (have raised) my personal bar a bit higher over the past 8 months or so"

All right, I believe you.

Looking at cable, we've left a lot on the table, aren't we wasteful?;)

Ah...assumptions..;) TBH I have no interest in being a full time FX trader, I'm raising (have raised) my personal bar a bit higher over the past 8 months or so.

so you no longer want to be a trader.Your giving up the 300 pips a week you make on small timeframes,more with the swings and you dont want either. I am looking forward to hearing about your new career choice.:)

"TBH I have no interest in being a full time FX trader, I'm raising (have raised) my personal bar a bit higher over the past 8 months or so"

All right, I believe you.

Looking at cable, we've left a lot on the table, aren't we wasteful?;)

tbh I've proven to myself that I can make money from FX on any TF. Next stage (in my own personal development) is employing folk to trade with me/like me. Creating a firm and 50 jobs+ in my local area is the plan...

I don't stress out re. missed pips, in fact I don't stress out re. trading these days, but I do find it repetitive and boring at times. I'm too restless a soul to be pinned down at home or a small rented office trading, I just couldn't visualise myself doing the job as a retail trader day after day, month after month when there is so much other opportunity out there.

stuck out in shanghai so trading the asian session its a bit dull

order to buy usd/jpy 81.46 stop 81.26

I like the asian session. Movement is slower but usually smooth and directional. This time of year though it sucks. I'm off 'til January.

Peter

order now cancelled the market is dead prefer to do something else that watch this

good luck all be back for the london session

tbh I've proven to myself that I can make money from FX on any TF. Next stage (in my own personal development) is employing folk to trade with me/like me. Creating a firm and 50 jobs+ in my local area is the plan...

I don't stress out re. missed pips, in fact I don't stress out re. trading these days, but I do find it repetitive and boring at times. I'm too restless a soul to be pinned down at home or a small rented office trading, I just couldn't visualise myself doing the job as a retail trader day after day, month after month when there is so much other opportunity out there.

so if your going to teach 50 strangers your amazing methods there is no problem in showing us your skills on this thread. Sooner or later one of the 50 will betray you and reveal all

so if your going to teach 50 strangers your amazing methods there is no problem in showing us your skills on this thread. Sooner or later one of the 50 will betray you and reveal all

LOL...good luck with all your issues Julian..;)

LOL...good luck with all your issues Julian..;)
:)
as you know,I will always have issues with people who make claims they never back up,

I wish you every luck with your new venture and trading for 2011. Its a shame that we will never know the truth about you and that there will always be question marks for many about you. still I look forward to your posts and charts throughout the year. I will never believe the claims you make about your pipage but value your often well founded and thought out opinion. Hope 2011 is good for you and your family

(trying hard to cut back my posts: one of my New Year Resolutions)

LF: you need to just believe in Old Ma, and focus on improving that.

BS has posted many trades, albeit in hindsight.
However, he has dropped enough hints as to his methods.
He "appears" to use pivots. Look at all his trades and see when/if the entries/exits tally with pivots.
He also talks about swing-trading. Have you tried looking at weekly pivots as potential trades?
(I'm not convinced he randomly enters(!), but appears to trade range-breaks and targets nearest pivot?)

Sorry to sound metaphysical, but whether BS is profitable or not is irrelevant, it's whether his "well founded and thought out opinion" makes sense to you, and whether you can internalise components into your own trading.

Actually, if you show interest, with intelligent and positive responses, he may decide to offer a place at his trading arcade, when it opens. ;) (not that your responses are anything less than intelligent; or positive)

Hope you Christmas traders made some extras. I am out till January.
(have been trialling HA-bars and pivots, with mixed results)

Last edited:
I received a pm the other day by someone who said how much they enjoyed the thread and even the arguments. It is for this reason I am approaching Simon Cowel about making a reality thread. i will therefore have to continue to question BS and others in order to keep up my rating and beliefs.:)

:)
as you know,I will always have issues with people who make claims they never back up,

I wish you every luck with your new venture and trading for 2011. Its a shame that we will never know the truth about you and that there will always be question marks for many about you. still I look forward to your posts and charts throughout the year. I will never believe the claims you make about your pipage but value your often well founded and thought out opinion. Hope 2011 is good for you and your family

Sigh...If I choose to contribute to this thread it's with charts proving the exact entry and exit of the trades and the pips taken, anyone who uses marketscope (fcxm and or dbfx) knows it is what it is. "Claims they never back up"? They don't come clearer do they? The trade is posted with an explanation of the reasons; reference to the pivot, support, resistance, daily high and daily low etc. The chart is posted up as close to the exit as I can or wish, I have no desire or need to prove myself (LOL) on this thread. You really need to work on controlling your petty nature.

It is remarkable that you havn't moved on, you still don't get FX trading do you? You still think there's some black magic that others hide from you, they have a secret that you're desperate to find out and that desperation is clearly evident in how you trade..;)

FWIW I think you'll always struggle, you have no MM skills and your psyche is all over the shop as constantly illustrated by your prickly nature and irritability and your obvious envy if others move on leaving you in their dead coma trail..

Look at your snide reply up thread as an example containing your pathetic attempt at sophistry, it's one of many btw that reveals the true YOU..;)