Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1:1 are - 46
others -73

only had 5 full time winners in 29 trades.should average more than that
1/2 time winners are nearly 50%,expecting more than that,still very early days

Not followed your performance so no idea how long you've been persuing this or what your *system* is based on but are you saying here that one in six of your trades are winners? Thats a tiny sample for small TF trading but this system you've developed, havn't you been following it this for a couple of months now?

sort of but there will be many days when i wont be ahead

the 1:1 part of the trade should show a small profit and provide a smothere equity curve,when the big winners come,thats my payday

I did not mean that your current system would work better this way, only that it is my preference for trading.

Not followed your performance so no idea how long you've been persuing this or what your *system* is based on but are you saying here that one in six of your trades are winners? Thats a tiny sample for small TF trading but this system you've developed, havn't you been following it this for a couple of months now?

Yes only 5 of the 30 longer trades have won, i should hit aroung 8 over a period of time
14 of the 30 short trades have won

as we speak. -119 with a trade running, early days

Yes only 5 of the 30 longer trades have won, i should hit aroung 8 over a period of time
14 of the 30 short trades have won

as we speak. -119 with a trade running, early days

Yes it is early days but, given it's small TF trading, could you not have packed the testing into a much tighter timescale? If forward testing takes up a month or two and you're neg. or break even (at best) it can take another 3 months (using the 'prollys'.) to move back into profit. That's close on half a year's trading gone to stand still..whoosh..

Sorry, meant to just add a bit more meat on bone (possibly as a suggestion for others fwiw) if I wanted to forward test a strat (knowing that the game is about MM and mind underpinned by a method which is probability based) I'd take perhaps 4 pairs, lower my lot size or ppp to next to nothing and bash the data sample in good and hard. I'd give it a month, perhaps 200 trades a week, 800 sample...

Sorry, meant to just add a bit more meat on bone (possibly as a suggestion for others fwiw) if I wanted to forward test a strat (knowing that the game is about MM and mind underpinned by a method which is probability based) I'd take perhaps 4 pairs, lower my lot size or ppp to next to nothing and bash the data sample in good and hard. I'd give it a month, perhaps 200 trades a week, 800 sample...

just to add, what i use for testing is http://www.forextester.com/

its a great piece of kit, you run it very quickly and you will know exactly if your strategy works or not very quickly

it has saved me alot of time and money :smart:

just to add, what i use for testing is http://www.forextester.com/

its a great piece of kit, you run it very quickly and you will know exactly if your strategy works or not very quickly

it has saved me alot of time and money :smart:

Got to be 'forward' and live...Again I'd set up a seperate account, decide how much I was going to spend (waste?) on the theory, let's say it's $300, don't Oanda let you get deep down and dirty in a sandpit with a couple of cents per pip? and I'd bash it out for all it's worth.

Let's say it's a simple two MAs x-ing with rsi as *balance* off a ten minute (suicide imho but that's not the point). Trading 3 pairs with the theory I reckon you could get 20 HPSEs per day, 100 a week. 400 a month is all you need surely? Done dusted make it live or move on. The killer for us is wasting time x-ing fingers whilst testing, it mightn't kill your P&L but you won't 'win a wage' which can be as big a killer..

Got to be 'forward' and live...Again I'd set up a seperate account, decide how much I was going to spend (waste?) on the theory, let's say it's $300, don't Oanda let you get deep down and dirty in a sandpit with a couple of cents per pip? and I'd bash it out for all it's worth.

Let's say it's a simple two MAs x-ing with rsi as *balance* off a ten minute (suicide imho but that's not the point). Trading 3 pairs with the theory I reckon you could get 20 HPSEs per day, 100 a week. 400 a month is all you need surely? Done dusted make it live or move on. The killer for us is wasting time x-ing fingers whilst testing, it mightn't kill your P&L but you won't 'win a wage' which can be as big a killer..

I just had this alarming image of us as generals planning a battle.
Whilst we are all suggesting using snipers to attack the enemy, you're suggesting cluster-bombing the crap out of the target. :cheesy:

Whilst we are all suggesting using snipers to attack the enemy, you're suggesting cluster-bombing the crap out of the target. :cheesy:

LOL!

If I traded like I play Stratego or Risk, I'd be out on the street corner with a tin cup for handouts.

Peter

Thanks for that info Pocrel, I'm sure it may be useful to newbies, or to enable one to backtest strategy ideas whilst trading your chosen system. I stat everything, and I would tend to forward stat any system in preference to backtesting, and have 100% honesty with myself in recording the data, rather than trying to make it fit what I want to see, etc etc. I like to identify my objectives in advance and certainly before I start to record the data. Over the years I have found this the best strategy, painstaking at times, but, like anything in this world, you have to put in the effort to get the rewards.

I'm done trading trading for 2010, I'd like to wish every one of you a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

Hi Trendie,
I have added Tom DeMark count to the arsenal. It works on many TFs, for scalping it is really great on M5, going in the direction of H1 trend or the structure of HHs/HLs or LHs/LLs recognised by HMA on H1.
I might post this strat on JUJU. It does allow for early entries on turning points and also provides early signs of the trade either working well or not working well thus compelling an early exit.