Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
hasnt been this quiet for weeks,im still doing research and re testing old mas.Im not under pressure to trade,so a week out is no problem

this is my 2nd trade.
Didn''t post my first trade today. Was a nice short but exited too early for +15
lets see if this trade takes profit back or not :)

Attachments

• delk.JPG
    delk.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 269
came within 3 pips of my stop so far.
In my expierence when it gets that close, it usually succeeds to stop me shortly after, but we'll see...

I am constantly amazed by redarts trades. for me, its the equivalent of standing in front of a train, but hats off to this guy for his generally pin-point entries.

Flashy: have you gleaned any conclusions from your Old Mas recipe, with regards to its recent performance? any changes to rules? (ie, dynamic targets reflecting ATR; previous daily highs/lows, etc rather than fixed 50pips)

has anyone realised we have, on a daily basis:

a: ForexMorningtrades, which seem to trigger from some kind of 5:30am and indicator combo, for 40 pips or so; (these guys seem to be talking about closing out trades just as we are waking up)

b:ChowClown who uses the 5-8:)15)am breakout for basis of his trades (mostly)

c: the Big Benners with their 8-10am breakout?

I am sure someone with too much time on their hands would be able to aggregate something into a workable chimera system.

I am constantly amazed by redarts trades. for me, its the equivalent of standing in front of a train, but hats off to this guy for his generally pin-point entries.

Flashy: have you gleaned any conclusions from your Old Mas recipe, with regards to its recent performance? any changes to rules? (ie, dynamic targets reflecting ATR; previous daily highs/lows, etc rather than fixed 50pips)

have to agree with comments made, i used to trade like redart and even when doing t/l pullbacks it was similar. thats why im looking for a more stressless way of trading. maybe in time he will,or maybe he finds copes with it ok. Im making small adjustments to old mas method so probably wont do any live calls this week. The entry point is pretty much set in stone so im just looking at r/r and stops etc. I got up to 250 pips before a huge drawdown back to near zero. Looking back there were trades i shouldnt have taken and stops placed wrongly. What i did notice was there was a big variance each month depending on which r/r i used so to smooth this out I will be running two trades at same time,one at 1:1 and the other at least 2:1. In reality this means i take 1/2 off at 1:1 and leave rest to go the distance as far as i can.Havent I done that before somewhere. I totally expect this method to produce fantastic results in time.
As I have said I dont think I will ever be going back to t/lines.Theres too much descretion for my liking. It made money for 18 months but big stressfull drawdowns and life/work balance means I really want to be finished by midday and know that in any given month I will average at least 300 pips( ramp up the stakes gradually,job done)
Heres hoping,Flashy

could well be fighting a trend day here...but at least it breaks the silence!
last go today
very tight stop 1 tick below LOD

Attachments

• delk.JPG
    delk.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 139
has anyone realised we have, on a daily basis:

a: ForexMorningtrades, which seem to trigger from some kind of 5:30am and indicator combo, for 40 pips or so; (these guys seem to be talking about closing out trades just as we are waking up)

b:ChowClown who uses the 5-8:)15)am breakout for basis of his trades (mostly)

c: the Big Benners with their 8-10am breakout?

I am sure someone with too much time on their hands would be able to aggregate something into a workable chimera system.

I nominate you for the job, anyone second that:)
We could have a thread indicator where we all give our opinions every day at exactly 10 am with stops and tartgets,take the long from the short,divide targets by stops, throw in a mov ave and a triple salco and we then have a trade.Surely 10 is better than one
Old mas method has similarities with all the above

awfully quiet! no buzz or chatter. everyone on hols?

Could it be the Irish question is making everyone a bit nervous? Certainly causing me to adjust targets/puke on trades too early which is odd 'cos I kept steady through the May election/hung parliament and the Greek debacle, a bit too much on my mind atm and I just don't fancy holding trades overnight whilst this mess unfolds...At times like this I could do with a boss to give me a kick up the a55..:confused:

+21
+18
+66.6
+110
+90

Total pips + 217

Attachments

• fx graph 277.png
    fx graph 277.png
    19 KB · Views: 105
  • fx graph 278.png
    fx graph 278.png