Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
50% off @45, stops not @b/e just yet.

Perfectly Illustrates to me just why I can't *do* the v.small TF trades on 3 min TFs, I just couldn't react that quickly..

After placing the trade, 3-5 mins later you rode the spike down at 10:30 to 42, then got the benefit of the spike back up to 93 at 10:42...

Sun is shining up North, I'm out for a 5 hr bike ride...

"I just couldn't react that quickly."

I have the same problem, could be something to do with age!

Perfectly Illustrates to me just why I can't *do* the v.small TF trades on 3 min TFs, I just couldn't react that quickly..

After placing the trade, 3-5 mins later you rode the spike down at 10:30 to 42, then got the benefit of the spike back up to 93 at 10:42...

Sun is shining up North, I'm out for a 5 hr bike ride...

i find Oanda's execution on orders isn't bad and use them regularly for the 50% scaleouts.

I don my smudgie bugglars most days too...only to the office and back. 5hrs! what sort of distance will you do? I did the BHF NightRider in June overnight around London and thoroughly enjoyed it. I get the impression 65 miles wouldn't be much of a challenge for you though :)

Last edited:
i think EU is beginning to test supply now, my thinking on a trigger would be a 5min 123 short break below the RN?...pivot here though so need a bit more patience.

Last edited:
Been out for an hour or so.
I see my short would have been good for a hell of a lot more! not to worry!
nice trading chowclown.

Good morning everyone.
After a rough week yesterday's gains put me ahead for the week, not my much, but better than being in the red. I've decided to take what I have and call it a week instead of risking any of it. I'll be hanging around for a while, but no more trading for me until Monday!

Peter

i think EU is beginning to test supply now, my thinking on a trigger would be a 5min 123 short break below the RN?...pivot here though so need a bit more patience.

Took the short on the retest of the RN. Entry 3695.5 (timed off the 10 sec tf for a change), sl 3702.4.

Attachments

• 19th Nov EU 2.PNG
    19th Nov EU 2.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 103
stopped -18.
Done with cable for the day I think.
OKish week overall.
Done better on oil and teh ES though.
Have a good weekend.

eurusd 5m chart.
Demand was exhausted at the 1.3648/50 area. Stops below were knocked out. If price breaks back above that area you will get a nice low risk long entry. Wait for a bar to close there before entering.

Peter

Attachments

• eurusd 003.gif
    eurusd 003.gif
    13.3 KB · Views: 120
accounts can grow, without fireworks and fanfare and excessive self-promotion.

just simple, consistent, quiet, gentle, trading. (y)

is Flashy still with us? he seems not to be around, of late.

(I will close this week in the red. hope you guys did better)

Helped my sister move yesterday,and

Been busy re evaualting my r/r on old mas method. I cant accept the poor run I had even if it was poor market conditions. Hopefully a few minor adjustments to the stops and targets will produce a move even equity flow.I am looking at all the trades I took, comparing them to the ones in the test,etc,etc. also after a run like that its best to stop for a couple of days just to make sure Im not chasing etc. The method is rock solid and is my way forward. Great to see chow posting on here as well as his own thread, his method and contribution is genuine and sincere

eurusd 5m chart.
Demand was exhausted at the 1.3648/50 area. Stops below were knocked out. If price breaks back above that area you will get a nice low risk long entry. Wait for a bar to close there before entering.

Peter

....i'm a bit weary now, so calling it a day. Have a good w/e.

Been busy re evaualting my r/r on old mas method. I cant accept the poor run I had even if it was poor market conditions. Hopefully a few minor adjustments to the stops and targets will produce a move even equity flow.I am looking at all the trades I took, comparing them to the ones in the test,etc,etc. also after a run like that its best to stop for a couple of days just to make sure Im not chasing etc. The method is rock solid and is my way forward. Great to see chow posting on here as well as his own thread, his method and contribution is genuine and sincere

(y) see you next week.

Good to take some time away. I do it every now and then. You'll get it all worked out, I'm sure! Most callers on this thread had a rough week. I ended up just enough to take the wife to dinner this weekend....so I didn't risk it today or I'd be in the doghouse for a while if dinner went down the drain!

Peter