Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking to short EURGBP on pullback to 0.9000 area, it is a swing short

Chart for above trade.. one entry, two exits, stop above 9008
091103EGplan.jpg

MACCI whats that? Is it an improved version of CCI?
What period is that white MA on the chart?

MACCI whats that? Is it an improved version of CCI?
What period is that white MA on the chart?

You're right. MA CCI is MA of CCI. I am using two different versions of MACCI- slow and fast. I've been using them for about three years and have developed my own way of interpreting them. There are times when I actually buy even if they are overbought and vice versa.

White line is not MA. It is what I called MDMean, a dynamic mean line and I am looking for 1 Day ATR move away from it.

You're right. MA CCI is MA of CCI. I am using two different versions of MACCI- slow and fast. I've been using them for about three years and have developed my own way of interpreting them. There are times when I actually buy even if they are overbought and vice versa.

White line is not MA. It is what I called MDMean, a dynamic mean line and I am looking for 1 Day ATR move away from it.

looks like 60 SMA to me

Dollar index broke out for a possible up trend at 11am(uk time, 6amET). An indication that UJ could bounce. UJ was also a MDMean buy but I didn't reverse into a long trade.

Attachments

• 091103$DXY dollar index.jpg
    091103$DXY dollar index.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 209
It broke yesterday's low.. low for today, so far, is 8919. I placed limit order at 8910. Let's see.. if it hesitates I will exit around 20-25 area. Want to stay flat before news announcements.

25% covered at 8922.( for +74pips). Yesterday's 50% was 36p.

Only 25% left and still letting this winner run.. :cheesy:

GJ: scratched the trade near entry px. Got to go out for a while.

EG: Had a small short in about 5mins ago, will update when I'm back.

Here I am back..

EG went down a bit but it took my 10pips stop before the spiky descent which could trigger profit order. IF only could I re-enter ..:innocent:

One more news anno tomorrow and markets should be 'technical' from next week onwards and I will trade full size.

Attachments

• 091105EG.jpg
    091105EG.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 212
Results for this week

As I want to be flat until afew hours after NFP, I am couting my pips for this week. (y)

Nov 2: USDJPY , +25/+10 (50% each profits)
Nov 3: EURGBP , +36/+74/+30 (50%,25%,25% swing trade)
Nov 4: USDJPY , -20/-20(it means 100% stopped out at 20pips)
Nov 5: GBPJPY, -2/-2(scratched trade)
Nov 5: EURGBP, -10(50% trade)

Total

UJ = -5pips ( 100% pips = -2.5)
EG = +130pips ( 100% +44pips, )
GJ = -4pips (100% = -2pips)

Pips couting is misleading. I could say I made +131pips this week. But there's more to understand about pips.

* is there any partial profits/loss? if so, adjust it to 100%
* is it based on absolute/fixed size or based on position sizing?
* what is the maximum negative equity value from trades to trades?

Do not judge a trader by the pips..