Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry....I'll only rep you on the losing trades from now on :LOL:

Peter

A good idea - that's more helpful.

Nobody here to tell me off when I do 'stupidity' trades. Something like: what are you doing - that's a really stupid trade, don't do it :mad:etc.

There is a short set up on EU - price broke through the local low, but I don't like the risk (round 40 pips to the local lower high). Potential profit is maybe 50 pips (to median).
I'll leave it for tomorrow or till Monday (Friday not my favourite day for trading).

too many eu/ecb/fed members yapping on the newswires about fx rates. thats whats causing the volatility at the moment. Like a balloon...more hot air = higher volatility.

Peter

DERRR!!
US Bank Holidays.
I cant believe I missed that one.
I think bedsit even explained it.
Must pay more attention.

NYSE and futures markets open so major banks still manning trading desks, just no retail banking for individual accounts. Volume thinner though.

Peter

2 small TF trades; 2 winners for 40 pips. Approx. 300 pips on the smalls for this week, eleven trades/eleven winners...bizarre...

No more small tf trades/scalps for me, finding myself again looking in here and not enjoying the emotion of taking pips whilst others are in the opposite trade direction which is why I signed out of this thread a week or so back, also affecting my swing trading, puked on a few swings way too early but re-entered *safely* ..:confused:

Gonna (finally) give up on this short term stuff..Might add the odd comment a couple of times a week if that's OK..

I thought the idea of this site is to help others the best you can. Your post is far from that and in many ways laughing at us. You say you dont want to post any more because our trades are in the opposite direction and this seems to bother you. Im sure no one on here wants your sympathy. But boasting and belittleing us in the same post,how is that going to help. 11 winners on the trot,thats great,clearly you have a skill you dont want to share with us.I have always valued your posts however negative they are. How are posts like that going to contribute to the thread or any thread. Im still trusting that your intentions as a person and contributer to the thread are of the best nature so Im sure you want to contribute in a positive way. If you can get 300 pips a week in small timeframes,how much do your swings get if your going to stop the small t/f?. Youve mentioned in an earlier post that your rules for swings are very rigid,so call them out, or explain more about the small t/f you no longer use.If i picked up 1/2 the 300 a week your throwing away id be a happy man.

Swannie:
I'd like to echo some of what Flash said. Bear with me here...You've made more pips in a week than most, congrats, my hat's off to you, you clearly have something to offer here if that's your choice. The probem being how you are conveying it. For most people reading your last post could be translated as: "I've made 300 pips while you guys were on the other side. Just pennies though as I dont need them anymore and I don't want you guys to feel bad."

There certainly is no obligation to post live trades, reveal strategies, or explain the rational for any trades so I'm not going to suggest you do that. But just posting how much you made today doesn't offer much here. I'm the last person to want to discourage anyone from posting trades, setups, or just thoughts on what is happening in the markets.

Feel free to kick me, insult me, or whatever if you wish, but note I have not done so here and have no intention of doing so. Plenty of other threads on t2w with that garbage... I'm just asking you to consider how your posts are being perceived and whether or not you feel you are contributing anything here.

Thanks for reading,

Peter

c'mon guys this thread is little more then a chat room, the 'live trades' aspect is little more then a reason to post and instigate discussion.

Other then bedsit who posts his charts and potential trades in advance of them setting up no one elses 'live calls' help anyone.

So lets chill out, i'm sure that BS did not mean to offend with his comments just as i did not mean any offence when i mentioned i had 10 in a row the week before, just swings and roundabouts.

c'mon guys this thread is little more then a chat room, the 'live trades' aspect is little more then a reason to post and instigate discussion.

Other then bedsit who posts his charts and potential trades in advance of them setting up no one elses 'live calls' help anyone.

So lets chill out, i'm sure that BS did not mean to offend with his comments just as i did not mean any offence when i mentioned i had 10 in a row the week before, just swings and roundabouts.

Theres a lot people can learn Vaco. Ive spent months posting charts before I changed my method and a lot of the same lurkers are still watching. I will in due course explain my method but dont want to incase others improve it etc, or indeed its failure. Yes they enjoy the banter and probably dont follow anyone or their methods. Some probably learn what not to do by watching or just pick up the odd little thing that may make the difference. But the idea of the thread is surely to do live calls in real time. By my reckoning their have only been six people that have done that for any length of time and yet there are often many watching the thread. So even if you,bs or anyone thinks we are all useless,dont make money,talk b"££$cKs or whatever there is no need for anyone to come on the thread and claim to be a champion trader and basically call us all losers. Im sure we will get a typical bs reply or perhaps no reply but whatever,this thread has its purpose

I hope not.
Im bored of it going up, lol.

Attachments

• 6B 12-10 (50 Min)  11_11_2010.jpg
    6B 12-10 (50 Min) 11_11_2010.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 110
ej has just had one of those sick moves down that often get me and Trendie discussing ways of trying to catch such moves, I got none of it:(

Paul u manage to catch it?

ej has just had one of those sick moves down that often get me and Trendie discussing ways of trying to catch such moves, I got none of it:(

Paul u manage to catch it?

sadly, no! I least I'm not the only one to miss out. small consolation.

worst thing is, it only needed to go up another 10pips and i would have gone short at 112.20

that would have turned my week around!

Will most likely have to wait till monday now, 170 pip range already today.

one aspect that has become apparent to me, is perspective of the market, and my reaction to it.

if I feel the market is ranging, and I start to take 20-30 pips a trade because its ranging, when it finally breaks and goes for 70+, and I'm left holding 20 I feel left behind.
Its all psychological, of course. I should consider myself fortunate to have anything positive, rather than dwell on a supposed missed opportunity.
since, theres always the next trading day.

been a mixed week for me as well, so my experience is same as Vacos, which is heartening.

2 small TF trades; 2 winners for 40 pips. Approx. 300 pips on the smalls for this week, eleven trades/eleven winners...bizarre...

No more small tf trades/scalps for me, finding myself again looking in here and not enjoying the emotion of taking pips whilst others are in the opposite trade direction which is why I signed out of this thread a week or so back, also affecting my swing trading, puked on a few swings way too early but re-entered *safely* ..:confused:

Gonna (finally) give up on this short term stuff..Might add the odd comment a couple of times a week if that's OK..
95616d1289482060t-forex-trading-live-calls-set-ups-fx-graph-265.png

95618d1289482060t-forex-trading-live-calls-set-ups-fx-graph-266.png

Fine by me, and thanks for the charts. What I can see in these markets and trades taken are some nice momentum plays with an average holding period of a couple of hours.

This method supports the sell low- buy lower and the inverse , buy high-sell higher techniques using intra day patience of holding for a couple hours, discipline of holding when testing entry (if applicable) and exiting on a favourable leg down, trading with the supply.

I would much rather see a chart of " how I (others) tackled the market ", as it shows the fundamentals of how a trader positions. From this people can learn, I mean it's all good and to me it epitomises "a picture speaks a thousand words." So I'll finish with this one.

fonz1.jpg

Last edited: