Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the welcome, i've been trying to trade for about 4yrs. I say trying cause i've tried many things and nothing has worked. I'm currently using chick goslins method from his book trading day by day, it's for futures but i use it for forex. I also trade from the 4hr chart. But still learning hoping to get better.

Here is a good place to ask questions. Don't be afraid! Speak up!

Peter

Thanks for the welcome, i've been trying to trade for about 4yrs. I say trying cause i've tried many things and nothing has worked. I'm currently using chick goslins method from his book trading day by day, it's for futures but i use it for forex. I also trade from the 4hr chart. But still learning hoping to get better.

hi kingpip,

are you using Chicks rules and set-ups as described, or have you modified them in anyway. obviously, dont disclose anything you dont wish to. I came across CGs books a couple of years ago.

Ouch, one of the words that screwed me up in my imformative years,along with think, thought, anticipate, expected , feel etc etc. nowadays, chilled, I don't do any of the above or try to reason the move, just let it happen and jump on board, you win more, lose less imho

Lol I stand by what I say,Id like to buy at this level on eur/gbp and eur/usd but only trade to the rules so will stay out

A quicky now long eur/usd 1.3906

Probably bite me on the ass, sods law, lol

seem to be managing to place my stops at the reversal areas today :cheesy:

aud/usd and now eur/gbp (most watch my stop placemenet)

got my points back from my dow trade, not sure if anyone wants me to post them here as its forex, let me know you do

did anyone make any pips today?
turned out rangey, couldnt find any trends to speak of.

Closed 1.3913 +7, happy with that, bit choppy, was down - 20 at one stage but within "movement", trigger said hold, so trusted the system and came out +, dont like trading when the US open, sorry wacky!!!

Closed 1.3913 +7, happy with that, bit choppy, was down - 20 at one stage but within "movement", trigger said hold, so trusted the system and came out +, dont like trading when the US open, sorry wacky!!!

If you're making money you can hate the US markets all you want!

Peter

Chart of trade, drop immediately after entry, but held as trigger line said long, took profit as I saw fit, still lookd like more uoside to come, but not with me done for the day

Attachments

• Noname.png
    Noname.png
    6.3 KB · Views: 122
hi kingpip,

are you using Chicks rules and set-ups as described, or have you modified them in anyway. obviously, dont disclose anything you dont wish to. I came across CGs books a couple of years ago.

just using it as it's described, have you had any luck with his method?