Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i really beleive this cant go above 115.20 which is why i added in to an already profitable trade,lets see

Attachments

• snapshot-455.png
    snapshot-455.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 106
have added in to eur/jpy at 114 94 s/l 20

Have set to take 1/2 off at 114.60
my stop is 115.30. Im already ahead in trade,but if stop is taken out it will wipe all the days profits and more. As Ive said earlier I cant see this line been broken to the upside.it would be nice if it broke to the downside for me.

off out till later,good luck all

is anyone else having problems loading t2w pages? I've had problems for the past 2 weeks. The banner ads and flash ads are holding things up. it's getting bad enough where i may stop posting for a while.
Peter

Where'd everyone go? It's lonely in here.
If a trade is called in a room and no one is here, does it make a sound?

Peter

buy usdjpy 83.22 stop 83.05
price went through support at 83.15, took out stops, and bounced right back over it. Buying here as BOJ could intervene at these levels. Support again will likely be established around 83.15 area.

Peter

Attachments

• usdjpy001.jpg
    usdjpy001.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 112
Have set to take 1/2 off at 114.60
my stop is 115.30. Im already ahead in trade,but if stop is taken out it will wipe all the days profits and more. As Ive said earlier I cant see this line been broken to the upside.it would be nice if it broke to the downside for me.

off out till later,good luck all

Have re sold at 115.33 s/ 15. If it breaks thi sthen line truely has broken.Its worth the extra 15 pips to find out.

scratched out usdjpy trade for -0-
Lower highs on 3 consecutive hourly candles not boding well. Will try again if scenario sets up again, which I think it will.

Peter

Volitility in the fx market has really sunk to a low over the past year with the exception of the Greece fiasco earlier this year. Day trading is difficult when there IS movement, but darn near impossible when there is NO movement. Average daily range of usdjpy over just the past 2 weeks has been disgustingly tight. The difference between the high and low over the past 14 trading days is 300 pips. The average daily range for the same period is around 60 pips/day. No wonder it's so quiet in here.

Peter

Volitility in the fx market has really sunk to a low over the past year with the exception of the Greece fiasco earlier this year. Day trading is difficult when there IS movement, but darn near impossible when there is NO movement. Average daily range of usdjpy over just the past 2 weeks has been disgustingly tight. The difference between the high and low over the past 14 trading days is 300 pips. The average daily range for the same period is around 60 pips/day. No wonder it's so quiet in here.

Peter

I used to read posts (when I'd found a basic/system that became a fledgling edge) in which experienced traders suggested that your strat. wouldn't work ad finitum, I used to shrug my shoulders carry on and wonder what the hell they were on about...;)

Pete,I wonder if an equities crash, propelled by your mid term results, may in fact cause the ripples we need to thrive off? I'm not sure what currency shock could stimulate the forex marekts atm..what's left...China taking a huge US treasury dump? Too much to lose...
On swings, based on a rough calc (I havn't done it to any scientifc degree), there's been roughly half the pippage available vis a vis this time last year..and I should have been getting better at this..:LOL: Perhaps we just have to accept it is what it is and be v. quick to change, adapt, fight to get those pips...? I dunno...?

Pete,I wonder if an equities crash, propelled by your mid term results, may in fact cause the ripples we need to thrive off?

This is a good scenario, but in fact would only be temporary anyway...so don't miss it!

On swings, based on a rough calc (I havn't done it to any scientifc degree), there's been roughly half the pippage available vis a vis this time last year..and I should have been getting better at this..:LOL:

You're probably correct. Comparing Jan-Sept last year and this year my number of trades completed is significantly lower...presumably due to lower volitility??

Perhaps we just have to accept it is what it is and be v. quick to change, adapt, fight to get those pips...? I dunno...?

This is probably the most likely scenario...sad to say. I'm trying to fight to get the pips but I'm falling asleep in between trades :LOL:

Good Post, Swan!

Peter

I havent really paid much attention to the atr.Surely all the same principles apply,we just have to adjust and increase stakes.Does it not also mean that,pivots,highs,lows and T/Ls become more important. its hard for me to judge as I spent many years as an ill disciplined trader. it may also explain why Ive had a good year or so

still short eur/jpy,what do you think.a slow run up to the t/l generally suggest a push up may happen

Attachments

• snapshot-448.png
    snapshot-448.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 96