Forex Trading - January 2004

Newtron Bomb

Guest Author
Happy New Year everyone

Festive fairy dust and a 1 pip spread to everyone.

Newtron Bomb

Hi NB

Further to my post on the december thread, I have been experimenting with alerts from cmc. However, I have set 4 alerts and only actually received one email, about 15 hours late!!!!!

CMC were their usual helpful souls and just told me the facility wasn't really working at the moment and couldn't tell me when it would be. Nice!! Good job I wasn't using it for actual trade signals!!

Have you ditched using this facility now or is this just an untypical glitch??

Have also downloaded the demo from fxcmuk and had a couple of on line chats with them. Very helpful people (especially compared to cmc) and thanks for the link. After spending ages getting my head around the position sizing (more complex than x£ per point as with SB) I found the platform to be much more flexible than cmc allowing linked orders etc.

Not sure what I will do yet as I would prefer to stick with SB for now. However, FXCM is very tempting. One thing I did notice was that the spreads with fxcm are not any less than with my sb account, in fact some of the crosses were 2-3 points higher with FXCM.

Anyway, just thought I would keep you and anyone else interested in my latest findings.

comon fellas! E/$ busted trend and support and not a word :eek:
:D.

post some charts later.

edit: here is said chart

Attachments

• e$ 4 hour.jpg
    e$ 4 hour.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 965
Last edited:
We have lift off!

text alerts finally working. Thanks for your assistance Newtron and darktone.

cmc price alerts still don't seem to be working but the order execution alert came through OK.

Cheers

Darren

Woo hoo

Price alerts working now too!!

PS where did all the fx traders go?

fxcm feeds vs market feed

anyone else noticed the differences? :eek:

Attachments

• netdania feed suspect for clean copy.jpg
    netdania feed suspect for clean copy.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 944
Last edited:
is dollar about to bounce for a few?

We seem very low in the channel! :rolleyes:
currently at E/$ support.

Attachments

• usd.jpg
    usd.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 748
This para channel is about cleanest lines i can find at the moment.

we just gone through support as i post :eek:

Attachments

• e$ 4hour channel.jpg
    e$ 4hour channel.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 721
Do my eyes deceive me?

Have just checked d4f market maker (spreadbet) and their fx spreads just seem to have dropped 1 to 2 pips across a range of pairs:-

eur/yen 3
eur/usd 3
usd/jpy 3
gbp/usd 4
eur/chf 3
usd/chf 4

Wow!

Hopefully not a mistake and they will stay that way.

your eyes are working, Its just your head thats struggling to believe the information :rolleyes:

I can't see any new about it maybe it was their new-years resolution.

Nothing on their website. Their SB prices now match their "real" fx prices. You'd think they would want to make something of that?

Now, if they could only match the order facilities of their fx platform and give us linked/ if done orders on sb's, that would really make me happy.

May be even good customer service?

£/$ 10min Perfect Cup 'n' Handle

This morning UK 0900

Attachments

• £$20th.jpg
    £$20th.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 590
Hi guys, newish to forex, and have noticed that between 7-9 am is a good time to trade. do you have any other prime times. I think midday is often fast moving.

Hi anmolway

For the majors like eur/$ gbp/usd etc ive noticed 730am gets a good move12-1330 and then sometimes around 1800 if its been an inactive day. The asian session sometimes produces a good move but is not regular enough for me to stay up until stupid o clock in the morning.

HTH
Newtron Bomb

Great move £/$

Just trailed stop to lock in 50plus Pips Great reversal cup and handle - Looks like Dollar going to continue its slide.

Attachments

• £$20th2.jpg
    £$20th2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 565
Last edited:
Zenda

Excellent example of c&s. Dan Zanger swears by this pattern although I've never thought about trading it on Forex.

Excellent trade

Goober

I'm watching very closely too as have been buying the dips for a few months now and was very sorry to see this particular gravy train run out of steam -

Could this be the equally famous rise to touch underside of trendline on more time before dropping off into the abyss - I suppose every set-up has its nemesis. . .

Perfect Fibonacci Yesterday

Yesterdays Hourly chart on the £/$ showed the perfect 50% retracement - I'm not a great believer in Fibs but I thought you might want to look!! :eek: ;)

Attachments

• fib one.jpg
    fib one.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 528
I have seen so many bounces off fibs that I am now a believer. Dont know why it happens tho. I reckon if enough people believe it just becomes self fulfilling.