Forex strengthmeters - the basics

Dear friend,
I just stumbled on this great thread, first saw it on ff, but there's too much to read. I am tring to get to the part where it says where to go to learn from you and get this indicator etc.

Thanks..
Sam.

Hi Sam

follow the links below in the signature area (y)
N

hey all

I am sorry this thread has stalled ..........it is linked to my FXCorrelator.com website while I try to get some time to fire it all up again ........hopefully soon when ive sorted out my career (i'm being made redundant and am having to focus on the next steps) :eek:

again go to the links below .......there are indicators and some basic intructional guides ...

I make no apologies for the fact that much of my teaching here at T2W and in my free documents are a basic intro to what I do with forex strengthmeters and it does not have exact clarity and rules and entry points and exit points and when to trade and stoploss levels and take profit levels ....etc etc

why ?

c'mon dudes ...............if you really want to master something you dont just copy someone else ...................thats not the way to being the best trader you can be !!! :cool:

and you dont need to pay someone £2-3000 to learn one end of a candlestick from another ! (because thats what you are paying for - believe me).......(y)

I will publish something more specific at some point.............it will document what I do and take it to the next level .............basically using theses variables shown below....

but I will never never ever be able to guarantee profits or to make you a sucessful trader .....only you can do that :smart:

later
N

Attachments

• 7 p's of trading.JPG
    7 p's of trading.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:
hey all ...........I will at some point get back on track here and continue this thread for the basics of strengthmeter trading ........apologies for the delays ........never enough hours in the day

N

Last edited:
hey all ...........I will at some point get back on track here and continue this thread for the basics of strengthmeter trading ........apologies for the delays ........never enough hours in the day

N

(y)We're looking forward your come back. Best of luck sorting out your career issues. Wouldn't it be a good starting point to go full time trading? Please share your thoughts why no becoming a full time trader.

(y)We're looking forward your come back. Best of luck sorting out your career issues. Wouldn't it be a good starting point to go full time trading? Please share your thoughts why no becoming a full time trader.

hey there

one day I probably will become a full time trader .......

meanwhile I seem to still be picking up decent roles and contract work as a commercial accountant........ and that does give me a lot of buzz as I like interacting and working alongside people ........sure there are good and bad days but overall I prefer that to sitting in front of a trading screen for x hours on my own .......at this moment anyway........:cool:

if the offers and work fade....... I will shift across sooner rather than later ..........but I am still under no illusions how hard it is and the intensity involved ......I trade seriously no more than 1 hour a day mainly if I am lucky........that's like a marathon runner winning at 5k........the others are only just warming up !!

hope this helps ........sometimes decisions are not as easy to make as they seem

N

Last edited:
have your cake and eat it

hey there

meanwhile I seem to still be picking up decent roles and contract work as a commercial accountant........ and that does give me a lot of buzz as I like interacting and working alongside people ........sure there are good and bad days but overall I prefer that to sitting in front of a trading screen for x hours on my own .......at this moment anyway........:cool:

if the offers and work fade....... I will shift across sooner rather than later ..........but I am still under no illusions how hard it is and the intensity involved ......I trade seriously no more than 1 hour a day mainly if I am lucky........that's like a marathon runner winning at 5k........the others are only just warming up !!

hope this helps ........sometimes decisions are not as easy to make as they seem

N
Tough choices indeed but your contracts seem regular enough to provide guaranteed income, whereas, as you are no doubt aware, trading could be stressful if one relies upon it to pay the bills. Therefore, if you have a regular income, one would be inclined to trade part time as opportunity presents but remain relatively stress free under the umbrella of a reasonably sure and predictable income. After all, there is nothing wrong with having ones' finger in more than one pie. Good luck whatever your choice.:)

Tough choices indeed but your contracts seem regular enough to provide guaranteed income, whereas, as you are no doubt aware, trading could be stressful if one relies upon it to pay the bills. Therefore, if you have a regular income, one would be inclined to trade part time as opportunity presents but remain relatively stress free under the umbrella of a reasonably sure and predictable income. After all, there is nothing wrong with having ones' finger in more than one pie. Good luck whatever your choice.:)

thanks N

i'll take the reliability of contract work at the moment ..........:cool:

Hi NVP,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I completely see your point. There is very much more in life than money. Money buys stuff but can buy happiness and, as long as there are alternatives, we have to strive to devote our precious time to those things that makes us happy and better persons.
hey there

N

Strenght meter for Indices

Hi
Can your strentgh meter be used on indiews like the FTSE or DAX ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Welcome All!

Please note: if you have been directed here from the FXCORRELATOR.COM website... this thread will give you a grounding on what I do .......feel free to ask questions on here or my other threads at T2W.

Well, after nearly 10 - 11 years of fooling with these things now and having achieved a very long-running thread elsewhere at T2W on the same subject (toooo many posts to read now for most humans on that one.... :eek:)

....plus my more Humble thread at FF (more like the SS re the rules there ?:p) and some really cheesy youtube videos at my FXcorrelator channel ......(spielberg still hasnt called me)...and my damn website that I can never seem to get up and running re service provider/malware issues ........(i'm working on it !)

its finally time to go back to the basics and help the many beginners and interested traders who dipped their toe into that epic thread over the years and then ran away confused and screaming (....join the club ? :p)

This thread will go back to the basics and build slowly....and based on the time I can commit to it ..........it will also help me as its always good to go back to the start and revisit all the things I now take for granted ......no stone unturned ;)

I am also hoping it will help me strip back some of the things I do as (like all humans and traders) my life seems to revolve around adding layers of complexity .....(why why ?? !!! :whistling)

I also confess I see so much junk out there re Strengthmeter indicators (with silly charges and Fees attached to them and the secrets to be shared) .... I just wanted to provide some basics that will save you some money wasted (or at least get you a little more streetsmart in those decisions).........

ok give me some time to think .........I've launched the Thread to MAKE me start creating posts here .....if I dont start I wont ever do it :sneaky:

first posts by/during the weekend

meanwhile if anyone has questions on strengthmeters or things they want to discuss put them here ...and I will try to add them into the mix ....but basically it will be simple building blocks of information

PS - the other thread will continue on its ever winding path as usual and if you are really lucky the Jedster will pop in as well.........

Neil
NVP

Strenght meter for Indices

Hi
Can your strength meter be used on indicies like the FTSE or DAX ?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks
Welcome All!

Please note: if you have been directed here from the FXCORRELATOR.COM website... this thread will give you a grounding on what I do .......feel free to ask questions on here or my other threads at T2W.

Well, after nearly 10 - 11 years of fooling with these things now and having achieved a very long-running thread elsewhere at T2W on the same subject (toooo many posts to read now for most humans on that one.... :eek:)

....plus my more Humble thread at FF (more like the SS re the rules there ?:p) and some really cheesy youtube videos at my FXcorrelator channel ......(spielberg still hasnt called me)...and my damn website that I can never seem to get up and running re service provider/malware issues ........(i'm working on it !)

its finally time to go back to the basics and help the many beginners and interested traders who dipped their toe into that epic thread over the years and then ran away confused and screaming (....join the club ? :p)

This thread will go back to the basics and build slowly....and based on the time I can commit to it ..........it will also help me as its always good to go back to the start and revisit all the things I now take for granted ......no stone unturned ;)

I am also hoping it will help me strip back some of the things I do as (like all humans and traders) my life seems to revolve around adding layers of complexity .....(why why ?? !!! :whistling)

I also confess I see so much junk out there re Strengthmeter indicators (with silly charges and Fees attached to them and the secrets to be shared) .... I just wanted to provide some basics that will save you some money wasted (or at least get you a little more streetsmart in those decisions).........

ok give me some time to think .........I've launched the Thread to MAKE me start creating posts here .....if I dont start I wont ever do it :sneaky:

first posts by/during the weekend

meanwhile if anyone has questions on strengthmeters or things they want to discuss put them here ...and I will try to add them into the mix ....but basically it will be simple building blocks of information

PS - the other thread will continue on its ever winding path as usual and if you are really lucky the Jedster will pop in as well.........

Neil
NVP

hey L

well the markets concerned are not Zero sum games like using the G8 on my Strength meter

but in other ways yes you can use general relativity and apply it to the indices ......perhaps draw out the key constituent shares and trade the leaders / laggers whilst observing the overall direction / bias of the index they are part of

you could also trade all the indices against each other and agan trade leaders / laggers ........................

ive never really got into this area much as I am a forex follower.............I know jesdter dabbles but perhaps you need to talk to more experienced indices experts at T2Win

N

“Tape reading was an important part of the game; so was beginning at the right time; so was sticking to your position. But my greatest discovery was that a man must study general conditions, to size them so as to be able to anticipate probabilities. In short, I had learned that I had to work for my money. I was no longer betting blindly or concerned with mastering the technic of the game, but with earning my successes by hard study and clear thinking.”

Larry Livingston [taken from Reminiscences of a Stock Operator]

"Amen to that dude.......Amen to that" (y)

NVP

Attachments

• THE FXCORRELATOR STRENGTHMETER.JPG
    THE FXCORRELATOR STRENGTHMETER.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 399
hey all

my FXCorrelator.com website has been linked through to this thread for a while now whilst I take time to rebuild it

if you were part of my training programme a few years back you will know that my IT partner became seriously ill and whilst we honoured our training obligations (and I still am happy to answer anything asked from the members of that group) we then shut things down as the admin/IT was to much for me to handle on my own and we had legal disputes with the web support company

I may look to run something again at some point this year - especially if my mainstream consulting/finance work dries up...............and I get time to pull a scalping course together.....watch this space :smart:

meanwhile watch me at my main thread here

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...rading-basic-ideas-strategies.html#post875782

i've just hit 1 million views on this thread so thanks for all the support over many many years here at T2win....a nice place to be at compared to others out there - believe me (y)

and I also turn up and perform a little at Forexperians excellent live trading thread ....jees F can trade..... and i've learnt a lot from him.........10/10

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/dis...trading-calls-expert-retail-forex-trader.html

N

morning all

in truth I hav'nt the time or the inclination to continue to swop banter / insults with the next in line new resident comedian on T2Win........

jees....... .ive been there and done that far to many times now over the years at this excellent forum.....and tired/bored of it .........seen them all come and go......and would continue to do so if I was bothered .........but I have been around the block a lot here and its always good to make changes .....so time for a break

allocating my daily/weekly T2win time now back on my consultancy work and my trading .......time is always valuable to me .........nothing left to prove here at T2win .........

my signature area and links will remain and I will keep an eye out here from time to time plus keep in touch with Forexperian and a few others

always contactable via my home page here or [email protected]

Cheers all
N

moderators I sent sharky a request regarding my threads

so would really appreciate the assistance

cheers N

DISCLAIMER

the information I share here (linked in my signature area) re my indicators, documents, comments and my youtube videos are all provided free and in good faith

https://www.youtube.com/user/FXCORRELATOR

My own forex trading approach is strengthmeter based and my aim is to share BASIC principles and ideas around the use of forex strengthmeters in trading to an audience that is perhaps not aware of its uses and advantages

My basic systems invite research and exploration .....they are not 100% flawless trading systems .......they are merely there to offer an Introduction to the principles....that's it .......these indicators are MA based and therefore have lagging issues in their raw state (alongside most other indicators:cool:)

So please view all the material with an open mind and if you want to learn more about this fascinating area of trading go online and google it + perhaps take a look through my stuff :smart:

the technology behind the scalping results I publish here from time to time is strengthmeter based (see example attached) - but my own scalping techniques are not using the basic indicators provided here for free ....:sneaky:

I have been lucky enough over the years to collaborate with some genius programmers and traders that have provided me with some very slick indicators indeed ..........

I am able to tune them as I need based on market conditions and combined with a few years practice, sweat and focus they pay me well when I let them loose on the markets (y)

so please don't expect my freebees to make you a millionaire.......but they might put you on the path :p

Cheers
N

Attachments

• last 15 mins.JPG
    last 15 mins.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 282