Forex Questions

mik1973

I'm still in the research stage of getting to grips with the FX. Rather than post a load of individual questions i thought i'd try and do it all in one hit- any response /advice to the following would be appreciated:

Does anyone use pivot points with regard to investing in FX. There seems to be a standard of 5 Pivot Points with a number of others developed by vendors to make their own system unique.

Anyone heard of a guy called Alex Krzhechevsky @ www.webtradingsystem.com who claims quite an impressive return over the last couple of years

Are there any free sites offering live data feeds of Futures FX prices ( there are a number of free Spot price sites but haven't found any forward sites)

Anyone have any views on significant FX volatility days. I know the market reacts strongly to certain economic news/indicators such as interest rates, employment figures etc- any others which members have identified? Do the summer months (ref holiday market) have any historical impact on currencies?

Is there any correlation between how a country's currency reacts to a change in the value of its domestic stock market?

Cheers,
Mick

Mick great questions, I am new to forex as well, would like to check this thread for any answers. I opened a game account with Oanda : https://fx2.oanda.com/mod_perl/inde...bCBBTVkFRXGhFUBR3T1VWRh8STUZDXABfCkMNE1leBA==
and seem to get free streaming data from there, the game :cheesy: , seems a very cheap way out of it but it works :cheesy: :cheesy: , wouldn't reccomend it for actual trading though, because the prices are a different everywhere so if are going to trade with a specific brocker you would have to have their data feed, but so far I am in their game account.

Good Luck,

Ilia

Thx for your response ilia- seems an interesting site and a good way for a potential trader to familiarise themselves with a trading platform.
Cheers
Mick