Forex manipulation

tar

Legendary member
I read many times about manipulation in forex spot market , to which extent it can be manipulated ? i am not talking about stop hunting by chart spikes from indiviual brokers , but i am talking about the quotes we have infront of us , can banks who offer these quotes manipulate it ? Any experts here ...

T2W Day Trading & Forex Community

Of course they can. There is absolutely nothing to prevent a dealer from making whatever quote they want. All they're doing is saying I'll buy at this bid and I'll sell at this ask/offer price. Of course if they actually want to get anyone to trade with them they have to keep prices in line.

Of course they can. There is absolutely nothing to prevent a dealer from making whatever quote they want. All they're doing is saying I'll buy at this bid and I'll sell at this ask/offer price. Of course if they actually want to get anyone to trade with them they have to keep prices in line.

...to keep prices inline with other banks yeah ... what if many banks did this togther ? the rest will follow ...

i am talking about small movements during the day 50 - 70 pips ...

I read many times about manipulation in forex spot market , to which extent it can be manipulated ? i am not talking about stop hunting by chart spikes from indiviual brokers , but i am talking about the quotes we have infront of us , can banks who offer these quotes manipulate it ? Any experts here ...

Intraday and very short-term, yes. Note that this is part of the normal operation of the market. All banks dealers try to quote to their advantage. But there are many arbitrageurs trading on multiple platforms around the world and the market is so liquid that prices get back to where they should be fast, although some stops maybe hit before that:)

Long- term, it is impossible of course to manipulate anything.

Alex

The dealers at the banks are too busy trying to keep their heads below the parapet and not get shot off to manage true co-ordination. Conspiracy theories are all a waste of time guys, and in particular the ones that say 'what if the banks did.....'

Anyway, it's not the banks, it's the Russians ;)

GJ

Thanks for your comments

Yeah , i dont belive in such things maybe there is some manipulation around news time . check this from the link : " No Central Exchange
This means that the market you're trading is the market your broker is making for you. This can lead to manipulation at times. There is a reason you hardly see volume in Spot Forex. It is because the real volume is very different than the "trillion dollar" volume you read about in all the marketing. The volume in this market is specific to the volume of order-flow from a specific broker, depending on how many accounts they have and the size of those accounts "

GJ thanks for your views i am a cable trader i am not against FX , the main question was ( to which extent can be manipulated ) , this is my question only and i am here to learn from every one , i didnt say that the whole market r manipluated , i am sorry mate .