Forex quotes origin

egro1egro

It seems strange to me but nobody bothers about how the quites are created. We all understand (more or less) how stock exchange operates and how market makers offer their quotes and how broker is able to fill your orders. But what about spot Forex?

Just where do they come from (the quotes)? I don't understand the mechanics at all. Forex quotes from different brokers seem to be different and at the same time not too much. At times my broker gives spikes which others don't have. But he also reports in a chat window that certain movements are due to "big hedge fund dealing".

Does my forex broker create them (Saxobank)? How does he knows about "big hedge funds"? Or why the price is able to move very quickly sometime - no arbitrage can force him to do it that quickly!

Does he take it from someone else? Does he modify them aftewards?
If he takes them from someone else then how do my orders propagate there? Through arbitrage process only?

My guess is that there must be some central market maker. Am I right? The relationship between this market maker and big forex brokers must be very tricky.

Am I going mad completely?

Pro Intent , not what but who I ask now?

hmm with globalisation and money masters who control billions upon billions I have a sneaky that theres a magic button that a "few" are connected to, to ermm clear the decks as it were.... well I mean if it was you , that would be sensible to do wouldnt it ?

its a curio and in a former business in a telephone conversation I had with a client who once said to me "You know what happend to curiosity and the cat " Click.

yeah I thought cheeky ****er threatening me and all.......

Its an X file mate :p

....coming nurse "Hatchet"

Fx.

Not sure if I understand what you meant by that.
Could you please elaborate a little? Was it sarcasm or ...

fxmarkets said:
hmm with globalisation and money masters who control billions upon billions I have a sneaky that theres a magic button that a "few" are connected to, to ermm clear the decks as it were.... well I mean if it was you , that would be sensible to do wouldnt it ?

its a curio and in a former business in a telephone conversation I had with a client who once said to me "You know what happend to curiosity and the cat " Click.

yeah I thought cheeky ****er threatening me and all.......

Its an X file mate :p

....coming nurse "Hatchet"

Fx.

sorry, someone who speaks another sense may offer you an alternative.

I dont know mate, must be big dishonest , very well informed, very influential big spanners in the works up the chain I would of thought for it is human nature isnt it?

Ive said too much already and must now leave this thread, never to return. :LOL: