Forex Desk Closure

Steve

As part of my ongoing review of the services we provide to members the decision has been taken to close the Forex Desk. As many members will know, this project took a great deal of time and effort to get to launch. Since then we have not been able to devote the resources required to develop the platform in the direction that had been intended.

The end result of this is that there is much work to be done and I have taken the decision that our resources will be better spent elsewhere.

I realise that this decision will not affect too many people but one outcome that will be of importance to some is the effect on the monthly competition, making the current one the last of its kind.

This does not mean the end of contests, these are very popular and we need to find a way of making them a part of what goes on. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on this i'll be glad to hear them.

Are you suggesting that in principal forex desk was a good idea ?

If resources where not an issue, would you continue to develop this idea ?

:cry: how are there to be any trading comps without fx desk? i hope we're not going to end up with some lame guess the level of the dow next month type of thing :confused:

if ever there's a replacement venue for such things please don't forget to limit the comps to bona fide t2w members that actually might post a bit. oh and sort the rules proper next time. oh and perhaps get a sponsor for the long term, else it'll all end in chaos and fiasco once again.

Are you suggesting that in principal forex desk was a good idea ?

If resources where not an issue, would you continue to develop this idea ?

I'm not suggesting it was a good or a bad idea, I would have to spend more time looking at it to form a proper view on that one.

I can be more certain on the second part of your question, no I would not continue to develop the idea.

:cry: how are there to be any trading comps without fx desk? i hope we're not going to end up with some lame guess the level of the dow next month type of thing :confused:

if ever there's a replacement venue for such things please don't forget to limit the comps to bona fide t2w members that actually might post a bit. oh and sort the rules proper next time. oh and perhaps get a sponsor for the long term, else it'll all end in chaos and fiasco once again.

I don't know is the honest answer and I would rather have nothing than the lame type of contest you refer to.

Yes we'll have to learn from the problems of the recent competitions and make sure problems don't get repeated.

Hey, thanks for the contests, none the less.. I made me a better trader in the long run.. They were fun, and frustrating at the same time.. I have been here since the very first, to the very last, lots of ups and downs, but learned a lots from the experiance.

Couldnt we use Fxbook or something like that?

Humm, actually, probably not, would be alot of leg work to updates stats for traders..

* shrugs, I dont know,,

ANyways, Thanks again, and best of luck and many pips to all the traders that have been, and great job to the ones that won..

PS: Man, Im still thinking about that 4 monitor system, SHucks, LOL..

How about actually participating in the forum instead of just posting your nonsense here so you can complain about the contests/platform.

Peter

I agree in principal, but I do think if people are going to behave in this way, I'd much rather they vandalize Steve's threads rather than polluting the rest of the forum.

Its clear to me that Steve simply doesn't seam able to comprehend the potential (positive or negative) effects of the changes that he's proposing (even when members point out the bleeding obvious). Hopefully if new members adopt the policy of posting junk in his threads to overcome minimum post constraints, the penny might drop a bit quicker.

I have no wish to see Steve's threads damaged as I support his attempts to communicate with membership, but I do think this could be a valuable learning experience, and at least it would concentrate the problem into a single focused location, and therefore easier for the moderators to clean up.

Wots really needed is a cess pit, or better still, a monkey cage, similar to that used at the other place.

As part of my ongoing review of the services we provide to members the decision has been taken to close the Forex Desk. As many members will know, this project took a great deal of time and effort to get to launch. Since then we have not been able to devote the resources required to develop the platform in the direction that had been intended.

The end result of this is that there is much work to be done and I have taken the decision that our resources will be better spent elsewhere.

I realise that this decision will not affect too many people but one outcome that will be of importance to some is the effect on the monthly competition, making the current one the last of its kind.

This does not mean the end of contests, these are very popular and we need to find a way of making them a part of what goes on. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on this i'll be glad to hear them.

What about a new comp? Only this time, make it a little bit interesting, put a bit of thought into it.

I'm assuming you want to offer something original and attractive to the existing, and prospective membership?

Of course, this is going to be a case of 'channeling' finances in the right direction.

Don't go cheap on us, Steve. More importantly, don't just fob us off with the same old ...., mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the post.

A big yes from me. Competitions should be a part of what we do and i'll try my best to avoid the same old that you mention.

I agree it does need more thought but I woud like to kick this off sooner rather than later so we'll need to avoid too much debate!

I have obviously read over previous competitions and there is stuff we need to do differently next time.

But there's no way we'll have all the answers and it won't be us taking part, so I'm going to copy these posts to start a new thread to see what people think.

Thanks for the post.

A big yes from me. Competitions should be a part of what we do and i'll try my best to avoid the same old that you mention.

I agree it does need more thought but I woud like to kick this off sooner rather than later so we'll need to avoid too much debate!

I have obviously read over previous competitions and there is stuff we need to do differently next time.

But there's no way we'll have all the answers and it won't be us taking part, so I'm going to copy these posts to start a new thread to see what people think.

Very monotone. You obviously can't be arsed with my request. Steve,...welcome to your own.