Forced to change platform - advice needed

Data Miner

Hello, long time no see.

My first posting on here since my regular horse racing trading journals from more than 6 years ago. The intervening years have been lucrative but all good things they say must come to an end. The sports spread betting firms now appear to have me as a marked man and have put a stop to my activities.

With this source of income now at an end I was looking to apply the same history sampling techniques to financial markets and would welcome advice as to where to start.

My ideal would be pretty much as I've been used to with my racing spreads. I never closed positions early, so the regime would be to place my trade if indicators were right and let it run to a conclusion. i.e. no constant monitoring of events.

Is there an area of trading which lends itself to this format?
... and who best to accommodate my business, spread betting or what else?

BTW although the spread firms now only offer me reduced spread quotes, or reduced stakes (or both) on my horseracing bets I have nothing but praise for the way they've conducted their business with me (Sporting Index & Spreadex). I've been taking a regular 20-25k per year between them for six years without so much as a murmur. Such a contrast to the big traditional odds bookmakers who will not tolerate winning clients (have you seen "Bookmakers' Wall Of Shame" at http://www.pjmracing.co.uk/wallofshame.html )