Follow my trades

YOU HAVE GOT ME WRONG DARREN!!

ask any question you like. please!! I would like to clear up everything for everyones sake

SMK

I will answer any questions you throw at me, but please go a little easier on me ive taken enough abuse and im doing this all for free at the moment.

I await your questions with interest

Last edited:
mug2k said:
Even 18% aint bad when your stake reaches say £10 per point.

mug2k:

You seem to be obsessed with the winning, yet disregard the losing.

A loss at £10 a point soon adds up. In fact the losers are far more important than the winners, but only experience will tell you that.

For example, your current trade is to sell the DOW on 31st Dec 03 @ 10448

So you're currently down £1,000 or so.

There's little point in promoting the 18% at £10 a point when the losses will kill you stone dead.

Yes but how much would you have already won by following these trades, having worked your way up2 £10 per point, a small fortune i assure you.

Im actually becoming annoyed at the pressure im getting right now, im a busy guy and Skimble you and I know exactly what your trying to do here. Its Childish

Im willing to answer any questions about my sytem that are serious

If you wanna play it like that look at my Nikkei225, DAX, FTSE trade at £10 a point??????????????????????????????

Why do people always pick the negative things about me, when the positive are so much better

SMK

Last edited:
Mugsy-its all jackanory mate!

U constantly say u will answer questions but u dont!

Why dont u accept that people have rumbled what u are really about?

dont get over-confident my friend, rumbled what?????

Im genuine here, ask away but remember i do have a life to live and it takes time to answer as many questions as i get thrown at ME.

SMK

Till tommorow

A pointer here is required.... If you want peolple to take you seriously, you have to publish all the bad, as well as the good. There is no such thing as just good, and we all ( experienced)know that. I would think most people will be more interested in the bad, as Skim says, it's that, that will kill you dead in the water. Having identified the bad, no doubt someone will come up with a suggestion as to how to reduce it. Just like on the 96 point Dow thread.

mug2k
Plenty of us on here wish you well, but it is wrong for you to say you are doing all this at the moment for free. Until March you are advertising your product, and to be honest you should be grateful you are being allowed to do it for free on here. I'm sure all of the companies who pay t2w for advertising space wouldn't be too happy to know free advertising is allowed. So I wouldn't moan quite so much. I suspect most, if not all of your subscribers have come from boards like this or similar, and we need proof of what we are being asked to pay for. After all, what alternative do you have. Do you expect people to pay you money from the off for a system which they have no proof works?
Having said that, I think people are being too hard on you. Come on guys, why do we always have to prejudge. Mug offered to demonstrate his trading for 3 months, which though short, is probably long enough to judge the effectiveness of his system. Why not follow the trades and see what happens.

May I suggest a possible compromise.
Mug2k- you should extend your trial period back to 3 months as you originally promised. This has the benefit of having been set as a precedent on other similar services (emetrix etc), and to shorten it in the way you did was very unprofessional. If we subscribe we want to know you are not going to have a hissy fit and stop the game shouting "It's my ball!".
Other posters- in return, could we let bygones be bygones, forget anything mug did or didn't say before and keep our questions to matters relating to the published trades, backtesting etc?

PS. If this works, I'm heading to the occupied territories to continue my good deeds.

I think you should realise that if your backtest doesn't allow for a spread and slippage, the results are worthless. Many of the small gains would be small loses and the overall results will be a lot worse than you are expecting. When trading the Dow at the close, I would allow at least 5 points slippage and 5 points for the spread. If you are not using rolling cash bets, the real results will be even harder to calculate.

BigBusiness, your right I cannot produce back-test to accomodate spreads and slippages but once calculated up it all points to quite impressive gains.

SMK

Just as an example, it is easy to put in 5 points for a spread and 5 points for slippage in a spread sheet. Your FTSE trades over 5 months made a total of 160.9 points if you do this. And you will only get that if you trade it perfectly. Miss one of the big gains and the profit is nearly wiped out. It has been pointed out before that this was a good time to trade the FTSE. I think other periods would produce a loss.

I haven't checked my numbers but I am sure someone will point out any errors.

Attachments

• ftse.gif
    ftse.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 338
BB , Mug2k also trades other indices ,why not show them as an example ,i wonder why you've chosen the worst performing one ? :rolleyes:

Grubs

about the margin issue, my trading account is actually in debit at the moment and I'm still trading

Mr. Chill,

I would have done the Dow but I can't see the data on the website. It has been unavailable for the past few days. The FTSE was my next choice. I don't think it makes a difference what data I used. I just wanted to illustrate my point that when back-testing a system it is worth considering the spread and slippage.

I think 10 points is the minimum to allow for spread and slippage. It is hard to get the close price as the spread bet quotes can be quite volatile.

Last edited:
Can Someone please tell me why this thread is here?

I have just skipped through 16 pages of absolute cr*p thinking there was a point to it. Wideboys post seems to be the most sensible one here by asking people to post their ideas and their performance based on them.

Why everyone (including moderators) find it necessary to whittle on and be sarcastic about it is beyond me. If it is not acceptable postings and he is soliciting then kick him. If he is willing to help other traders and share then support him.

Come on people this thread is enormous and has no point to it.

Mugsy if it is a good system why not share it and let us work with you to tweak it. If you are looking for business and this is how you want to get it then s*d off.

This site is for everyone to profit together using each others experiences and advise, not as an advertising forum.

People just dont service this thread and let it die a natural death and concentrate efforts (16 pages of them - lol) on more important issues.

I can only assume my profits do not eclipse anything everyone on here is managing as I dont have the time to keep up with this thread any longer.

Even tho the lady herself didn't answer.............i know it is possible depending on the type of account she holds with an SB company but doesn't that change the pic entirely cos the SB company enabled the trade cos they believed she could cover her losses (a totally different psychology from just trading £15.30). I am not antagonising her but doing exactly what she would have done if someone else had made such an assertion without being able to back their facts up!.

grubs,

no it does'nt change the picture entirely and implying that she is unable to back her facts up when she has no need to is pointless.

why doesn't she have to when mug2k has to? They have both made assertions.........is it a case of double standards?
4 the records, i don't know mug2k and i'm not interested in his system but i don't think some of u guys r being fair to him...........u r burying him b4 he's dead...........he asked for 3 months and a lot of ppl started picking on him right from d word go. A lot ppl do exactly what he is doing on this site without getting all the flack.......if u think he doesn't know what he is talking abt why visit his website?