iq200

Sim trading is not the real thing for sure but is the next best thing when you are perfecting you're strategy. It all comes down to how you use it and whether you use it to trade in real terms or not.
Its like a box of matches or a knife - you can use it or abuse it.

I am from a Particle Physics background and I know the value of a simulation. A simulation is ony as good the person who wrote/uses it.

Last edited:

BigDeal

I think demo accounts are also useful to try out a provider's site / interface etc.. There are some which I like which I know other don't and vice versa.

It is also worth remembering that scam sites usually don't offer a demo site so may be something to take into consideration when doing your DD

iq200

FWIW Demo are not the same as Simulators. Demo accounts are something completely different and allow, like you said, to try out the interface only. Simulators can be software based or website based and are for learning and testing strategies and vary in sophistication. For example, I use Ninjatrader 8 software which has a simulator built in which allows for slippage, fees during fills etc

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks