Fiscal Cliff nonsense

jacknapier

Is there an article that gives an objective analysis of what the fiscal cliff is and what a few possible scenarios could result from it?

I've read a few on marketwatch and elsewhere, but they seem to be lacking something. I'm just thinking that someone here might have come across something better. I don't care if it's in a magazine, like the Economist, where I have to run to the store and buy it.

This smells to me of what was happening last August with the whole S&P debt downgrade. I just know there are going to be similar awesome buy and sell opportunities.

Try wikipedia "united states fiscal cliff" - Its page goes into causes, and has a summary of projected effect. I found it a relief after reading opinion articles.

Ok, thanks. I printed it out since the page said it might be removed. Seems like a good read.

We all know that this is going to happen but when? Timing is of the essence. Economies based on debt is like having a house of cards built on sand. It only needs the right amount of rainfall and how do we know what the opportunities could be? Having a houseboat might be a good ides, if there is a suitable tree to moor it to.

Hi Jack,
I like Jeffrey Dow Jones (his real name) who has a free newsletter. Here's the latest one entitled: The Cliff Looms
Enjoy!
Tim.

Is there an article that gives an objective analysis of what the fiscal cliff is and what a few possible scenarios could result from it?

I've read a few on marketwatch and elsewhere, but they seem to be lacking something. I'm just thinking that someone here might have come across something better. I don't care if it's in a magazine, like the Economist, where I have to run to the store and buy it.

This smells to me of what was happening last August with the whole S&P debt downgrade. I just know there are going to be similar awesome buy and sell opportunities.

Here is an interesting article about the cliff...Interesting perspective:

Fiscal Cliff Tax Hikes And Defense Cuts Are The Left's Agenda - Investors.com