First steps - E Toro

Martinref

I am just starting and am a newbie. I have done some reading and research on day trading and thought that I understood the basics. I wanted to use a simulator for a good while to practice and from some research signed up to E Toro. Now I am trying to practice I can't get the charts on E Toro to look like the ones in the books I have read and even when I am reading the chart correctly by the time i've bought and sold its too slow and I don't make what I should (not real money at least). I am trying to find a video of a real trader trading on e toro live but can't find any? Have I signed up to the wrong system? Should I sign up to something new before I waste too much time?

Remember that some brokers don't get you direct live market prices, but are delayed by 15 min. Some you need to pay for or opt in for live market pricing, the better expensive brokers give you direct market access or DMA. eToro as I remember, take commission in the form of spread - the difference between the asking and buying price so for example if AAPL is at 500 they might ask 510 or something, 10 being the spread. Other brokers will let you buy at the market price now, at you will pay a commission on top and fx fee for the transaction.