First step for a new or wannabe Trader

ElDoum7

Hi Everyone,
I graduated in Economic, then went a couple of years to play professional sport in Europe and the Middle East. I was always fascinated about trading and now I want to do it for a living, I already have 4 years also in sale and now I am back in Houston going for my second degree in Petroleum Engineering. Quite Frankly when I will be done in 2 years, I am more interested about the commodity and trading side of it. For someone new, and let's say that didn't know more about it. What are the best advice for him. Is there some books i can be reading so I can start getting some Ideas about the whole thing and if so what. I know there is a lot of stress and challenge involve in it but I am used to that .Thanks

HI ElDoum7,
Welcome to T2W.

When you registered, you should have received an e-mail with some links in it. Did you get that? If not, follow the first two links in my signature and, if there's anything you don't understand or want explaining further - just post any questions here.
Tim.

Hi Eldoum7,

I spend a lot of time on T2W soaking up the free information here and I find the Stickys on Essentials of Trading very useful. So as Tim said - click away on the links and you will not be disappointed as some of this free stuff is what some coaches / vendors are essentially packing as "Trading Course" and charging you loads for.
Good Luck!

First step is to really assess yourself. ask yourself if you really want to do this and if you are committed enough to go through all the hurdles. you may encounter an enormous amount of stress and challenge along the way, and you must mentally prepare for this possibility

Yeah the best advice is the advice you don't want to hear. Which is, stay away from trading and do something else.

Yeah the best advice is the advice you don't want to hear. Which is, stay away from trading and do something else.

I think the best advice is not to trade with real money unless it is a small amount. Because you will lose it in the start. Trade demo accounts for a couple of years and just learn the ins and outs of the platforms and markets etc.:whistling

I think the best advice is not to trade with real money unless it is a small amount. Because you will lose it in the start. Trade demo accounts for a couple of years and just learn the ins and outs of the platforms and markets etc.:whistling

I totally agree with you

First step is to really assess yourself. ask yourself if you really want to do this and if you are committed enough to go through all the hurdles. you may encounter an enormous amount of stress and challenge along the way, and you must mentally prepare for this possibility

True and like everything else once you learn to overcome that through practices and experiences the reward will be great.

Hi Everyone,
I graduated in Economic, then went a couple of years to play professional sport in Europe and the Middle East. I was always fascinated about trading and now I want to do it for a living, I already have 4 years also in sale and now I am back in Houston going for my second degree in Petroleum Engineering. Quite Frankly when I will be done in 2 years, I am more interested about the commodity and trading side of it. For someone new, and let's say that didn't know more about it. What are the best advice for him. Is there some books i can be reading so I can start getting some Ideas about the whole thing and if so what. I know there is a lot of stress and challenge involve in it but I am used to that .Thanks

all good advice here for you E

if you are committed and prepared do everything required to Win at trading.....you will win

but its a long and painful apprenticeship with no guarantees.....so buckle up and start researching, trading demo and finding that edge that works for you

good luck :smart:
N

all good advice here for you E

if you are committed and prepared do everything required to Win at trading.....you will win

but its a long and painful apprenticeship with no guarantees.....so buckle up and start researching, trading demo and finding that edge that works for you

good luck :smart:
N

Thanks a lot, and I already start doing some research, I know it will not be easy but I do know it will be fun

If it was easy, everybody would have done it, same like sport. It takes hard work, dedication and preparation. It is not meant to be easy reason for the great ones are getting great rewards.

you have the correct attitude E......welcome to the club

Every one should follow these five steps to update their trading business....
Nice suggetion for new trader...

I have a suspicion, that once you didn't follow your own advice :rolleyes:

@ElDoum7
I hope you will find your way here and wish you luck. There is a lot of information here on the forum and you can also find a bunch of book reviews. So my advice will be: read and learn first of all.

Hi all, newbie here, I started spreadbetting in July this year and lost about £2ok last week on the dow! I was gutted and was going to give up but have decided to try again. I am going to start from scratch and re learn the basics, and try to be disciplined. Only problem is I have £211 in my IG trading account.

Any advice would be very welcome.

Camper.