First Job In Trading Advice

jr93

Hi all,

I have recently accepted a job based in London to start as a junior Market Maker within the AIM, I will be working very closely with a team of MMs and learning on the job, I can't find much specific content on the topic to read online or in books. I understand the basic premise of the role, general terminology, AIM and the world of trading but have never used real capital to do so. If anyone has any ideas on good books/resources or any advice before I start it would be greatly appreciated.

Look forward to any responses,
Cheers.

There is an experienced former Institutional Market Maker over at the Factory who used to be very active in answering questions,not sure if he still is, not been on there in a while. Maybe hit him up.

Good luck in the job.

Just checked 'skenobi' last active Oct 2016, read his replies to 'Is anyone here an institutional trader?'

Fascinating for anyone and a great thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
one tip I wish I had in the beginning
every day will not be a day where you make money
be comfortable in saying "todays not my day" and walk away
From my experience you can get a maximum of 16 days out of the month correct on direction on even the best systems,
of those 16 days you will get some days that are heavy with news.....so technically every trader should expect to be profitable 8-12 days out of the month. Considering that you've decreased your losing days drastically you should be a very profitable trader. Some may disagree but I reckon the market knows exactly what EVERY trader is thinking.