First 3 weeks trading forex I have made 25% return

NDarvis

Hi,
My goal here isnt to sound arrogant or flaunt what I hope is not fleeting success but I have a few questions that I hope can be answered, regardless whether the answers come in the form of criticism or not, at least I might start to formulate some ideas through them and have a better understanding of if I am crazy or not.

I have opened a fake trading account, I know I know- some of you might say, 'its a fake trading account and not real money', however I have traded real money before and I have mastered the psychology of trading and by that I mean I have learnt to keep my emotions in check and execute all trades according to the strategy in place.

My money management is at 1% risk of my capital however I am guilty of placing trades that risk 2% of my capital at times, to counteract this I am also placing trades that risk 0.5% of my capital instead of staking more for those trades to counteract the trades that take 2% of my capital , I agree this is not technically proper money management however looking over the history of my trades it has worked out to be roughly 1% risk per trade. I will stick to a 1% risk management as soon as my account is at 20k.

After 3 weeks trading my account, it is now at £12,400 from an original £10k, early days I agree however if this stays at this pace I expect to make 30% in 1 month. After looking at back-testing results this is not over achieving and I can expect to double my account in 4 months.

Now entertain this for a second with me - compounding my profits and making roughly 30% per month I would double my account in 4 months. In 2 years I would see £10k turn into £640k
10-20-40-80-160-320-640
Exciting to think of the possibilities and my question isn’t to see if this could happen but more about what options I have.

I have noticed there are sites that manage trading accounts for people and in return produce a profit and obviously take a cut. How can you do this and is it possible for anyone to do something similar.
I am asking cause as we speak I do not have 10k to pour into my own account and take off on the dream, I am looking at ways that one can profit from knowing that he is profiting through a fake account for now and that must have value to other people?
Another option could be to ask for investors and the reason for investing into this would be to see a return, perhaps 100% within the first 4 months?
So is it true? Am I crazy or just have a plan but no real insight?

Attachments

• Account_Summary_300631_14072011_092412(1).xlsx
    15.2 KB · Views: 383
Perhaps you should give yourself more time to prove your skills instead of making massive plans that could effectively be based on a lucky trend. You are giving too much weight to a short span of time. Sorry If I seem to be bursting your bubble.

Perhaps you should give yourself more time to prove your skills instead of making massive plans that could effectively be based on a lucky trend. You are giving too much weight to a short span of time. Sorry If I seem to be bursting your bubble.

Thank you, yes I agree, too early to truely know, I guess it feels as though I am 6 months into this startegy as I have back-tested also. Agreed though more time :)

Good stuff, your MM appears sound, how many trades how you take to get 25% return, what's the ratio of winners/losers and what are you betting on; indices, FX..?

Oops..just noticed it's demo results.. Sigh...I was genuinely looking to read something interesting there..

Good stuff, your MM appears sound, how many trades how you take to get 25% return, what's the ratio of winners/losers and what are you betting on; indices, FX..?

Oops..just noticed it's demo results.. Sigh...I was genuinely looking to read something interesting there..

Hi,
I have placed 28 trades, 21 profitable for a 75% success rate. First 2 trades were accidents as I was familarizing myself with the platform (both were losses for roughly £80 in total)

Yes its a demo account however they are the exact results from account.

Hi,
I have placed 28 trades, 21 profitable for a 75% success rate. First 2 trades were accidents as I was familarizing myself with the platform (both were losses for roughly £80 in total)

Yes it's a demo account however they are the exact results from account.

You have to trade with real money, however small. Open a micro with FXCM, Alpari Oanda etc and trade for real however small the risk.

tbh folk would take you more seriously if you'd done the exact same results by taking 500quid to 650, or 1000 to 1250 'real money' rather than accumulating virtual beer tokens..

Sim trading is useful and useless in equal measures; nothing replaces real trading and often demo accounts are not on the 'trading' servers. For testing out strats (if you're still at that stage) and familiarising yourself with a new platform sim trading is essential.

As has been said - the title is misleading. You have made 0% return (better than most!).

Play with a small amount of real money you can afford to lose - you may find things a little different!

Good luck.

As has been said - the title is misleading. You have made 0% return (better than most!).

Play with a small amount of real money you can afford to lose - you may find things a little different!

Good luck.

Thanks, yes I do understand your logic behind this, I have a small trading account with £100, after 1 week it is up to £160 based on the same trades.

Thanks, yes I do understand your logic behind this, I have a small trading account with £100, after 1 week it is up to £160 based on the same trades.

60% per week? You'll be a millionaire in no time starting with £100 - 20 weeks in fact.

You've made some "money" on demo, you are definitely right to be looking for investors after 3 weeks. :rolleyes:

Actually, if you are looking for them, this site might be the right place to do it! :LOL:

If you truly have your psychology in check, and I mean like robotic, and you're not scalping...then there's not as much difference between demo and real environments as everyone believes. It is just that, a belief.

I do about the same in both, and the closer I get to having bulletproof psychology, the more they are one in the same. And I am no rookie, been at this almost seven years now.

I say reach for the stars, there's nothing wrong with thinking big. Whatever strategy you're using, don't take it for granted, continually improve it, and make sure it works on different market cycles.

What markets do you trade? There can be a pretty serious difference in fills.

If you truly have your psychology in check, and I mean like robotic, and you're not scalping...then there's not as much difference between demo and real environments as everyone believes. It is just that, a belief.

I do about the same in both, and the closer I get to having bulletproof psychology, the more they are one in the same. And I am no rookie, been at this almost seven years now.

I say reach for the stars, there's nothing wrong with thinking big. Whatever strategy you're using, don't take it for granted, continually improve it, and make sure it works on different market cycles.

Thanks, I beleive in my strategy which enables me to not dougbt and second guess my decions hence I do not feel torn once I am in a loosing or winning trade. Thats really what I mean by it, I understand everyone is saying put real money on as thats the only way to do it properly my only problem is I do not have real money or enough anyways, just looking at options, all good advice though

If you do continue with this return you will OWN the whole world in 5-7 years or so. You really see it working out that way? Enthusiasm is good in demo.... Not in trading. What you realistically should be assesing is how much longer are you going to last in real life and even in demo with your current strategy and money management. I truely hope I helped!

If you do continue with this return you will OWN the whole world in 5-7 years or so. You really see it working out that way? Enthusiasm is good in demo.... Not in trading. What you realistically should be assesing is how much longer are you going to last in real life and even in demo with your current strategy and money management. I truely hope I helped!

Sounds harsh, but a valid point, I feel.

In my reading (read: no experience, so take my opinion with a grain of salt), I've read countless stories where the market just "does something unexpected" and now someone has "lost their fortune".

Hi,
My goal here isnt to sound arrogant or flaunt what I hope is not fleeting success but I have a few questions that I hope can be answered, regardless whether the answers come in the form of criticism or not, at least I might start to formulate some ideas through them and have a better understanding of if I am crazy or not.

I have opened a fake trading account, I know I know- some of you might say, 'its a fake trading account and not real money', however I have traded real money before and I have mastered the psychology of trading and by that I mean I have learnt to keep my emotions in check and execute all trades according to the strategy in place.

My money management is at 1% risk of my capital however I am guilty of placing trades that risk 2% of my capital at times, to counteract this I am also placing trades that risk 0.5% of my capital instead of staking more for those trades to counteract the trades that take 2% of my capital , I agree this is not technically proper money management however looking over the history of my trades it has worked out to be roughly 1% risk per trade. I will stick to a 1% risk management as soon as my account is at 20k.

After 3 weeks trading my account, it is now at £12,400 from an original £10k, early days I agree however if this stays at this pace I expect to make 30% in 1 month. After looking at back-testing results this is not over achieving and I can expect to double my account in 4 months.

Now entertain this for a second with me - compounding my profits and making roughly 30% per month I would double my account in 4 months. In 2 years I would see £10k turn into £640k
10-20-40-80-160-320-640
Exciting to think of the possibilities and my question isn’t to see if this could happen but more about what options I have.

I have noticed there are sites that manage trading accounts for people and in return produce a profit and obviously take a cut. How can you do this and is it possible for anyone to do something similar.
I am asking cause as we speak I do not have 10k to pour into my own account and take off on the dream, I am looking at ways that one can profit from knowing that he is profiting through a fake account for now and that must have value to other people?
Another option could be to ask for investors and the reason for investing into this would be to see a return, perhaps 100% within the first 4 months?
So is it true? Am I crazy or just have a plan but no real insight?

dont fall for the compounding stuff.......thats marketeering talk and tells us we will all be millionaires inside a year

the real world is a different place

good luck in your journey and I would advise you to test your strategies rigorously in choppy/flat markets to ensure its defensive qualities are sound and you dont bleed your account dry

N :smart: