Find a great mentor

I wouldn't abandon the thread so quickly if I were you. FL makes over 200% a year uncompounded. Without backtesting.

Without teaching you his method how does his track record help you? The content is everything. I eventually realized that my logic kept contradicting conventional thinking. I ignored track records and focused on the consistency of each concept I came across (consistency results obtained via backtesting) and eventually had a list of consistently successful concepts each with their respective objectives within the trading plan. It was a lot of work that required personal sacrifices but it was the only development strategy I could think of. If I was doing anything other than that, I knew I was wasting time. Take a second to reflect on that. You might need it.

I am willing to teach anyone with the proper aptitude the correct way to analyze all markets and most precise entry techniques available. You won't leave these meetings confused like you do everywhere else and all your questions will be answered in detail and, read carefully... you will truly believe. Comprehensive information is motivating in its own right.

I have age and location preferences but if you believe you have what it takes and are ready to commit, I am willing to provide opportunities. If you can master the first document of the strategy within 3 months, you make the cut and I introduce you to the rest of the team in our private bb. If you cannot master the document by then, you either dont have it or dont want it.

I'll stop challenging the op for now because he does make some good points. Once you've gotten to a certain level then yes you need to have a ritualistic approach to trading but people looking for mentors are not ready for that, they need the technical strategy first don't you think?

You got me.

Sorry. Sarcasm doesn't always fly. As for the rest of your post, there are mentors out there who won't work with people who don't exhibit the necessary attitude. You appear to be one of them. And this whole idea will be a great surprise to those who seek mentors, i.e., are they good enough to warrant the necessary expenditure of time (which is why most mentors charge a fee: they've been burned too many times by those who consume weeks or months of time with no benefit to anybody)? As for "comprehensive information is motivating in its own right", yes. I like that. Well put.

Once you've gotten to a certain level then yes you need to have a ritualistic approach to trading but people looking for mentors are not ready for that, they need the technical strategy first don't you think?

Not sure what you mean by "ritualistic". I've explained what I mean by "developing a plan" here. It involves a lot of observation. A LOT of observation. Because you can't know what you're looking for unless and until you know what you're looking at. But hardly anyone wants to go through this. And I don't know how "technical" my approach is since it is based on the balance between demand and supply rather than indicators. But if one is defining "technically" traditionally as something to the flip side of "fundamentals" (earnings, revenues, cash flows, etc), then, yes, what I do is technical.

All of which is probably off the subject of this thread, but given the number of views it's received (even though participation is nil), it needed to be said.

I've enjoyed this exchange. Thank you.

Once you've gotten to a certain level then yes you need to have a ritualistic approach to trading but people looking for mentors are not ready for that, they need the technical strategy first don't you think?

There are over 10,000 free systems on the internet , they keep inventing new systems everday , yet 95% of traders lose .. “Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

If the systems are not working , why are they making new systems?“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...v=2&ie=UTF-8#q=95%+of+traders+lose+psychology.

If systems worked , there would be a microsoft of trading by now.Most of the bucket shops brokers want traders to lose .

Traders have zero edge , unless you have a mental edge .All your illusionary edges are worth zero , if you can't execute your edge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhKJ9P3agRc&feature=youtu.be

In trading we talk about systems failing and why they fail.We don't invent new systems because old systems are failing

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sour...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=failure+of+trading+systems

How can you execute an illusion? What you said made no sense.

Mark Douglas got a little too excited here. He helps traders that already have technical strategies that work and suddenly the next strategy is just as good as the last. Hopefully thats not what he's implying here. You may be misreading him.

Get it through your head. MOST SYSTEMS DON'T WORK. Stop trying to make it seem like we have thousands of options to choose from and that failure is purely psychological. That is far from the truth and it makes aspiring traders think they don't have to seek the best method. I know you think you're right, but your ignorance is misleading others.

New traders should focus solely on finding the concepts that work consistently. Once you've tested the strategy yourself and trust it, feel free to read up on sport psychology. The point is that the grind is in identifying what works via backtesting. The rest is a much smoother process. The reason some people like yourself don't understand this is because they don't know what its like to trust a system, because they're misinformed and don't backtest. So without trust in the system you run into all sorts of psychological blocks. Suddenly performance psychology becomes a major thing for you and you start to think beginner traders should focus on it... reference Mark Douglas all you want. If he's implying what you think he is, then he's wrong too.

How can you execute an illusion? What you said made no sense.

Mark Douglas got a little too excited here. He helps traders that already have technical strategies that work and suddenly the next strategy is just as good as the last. Hopefully thats not what he's implying here. You may be misreading him.

Get it through your head. MOST SYSTEMS DON'T WORK. Stop trying to make it seem like we have thousands of options to choose from and that failure is purely psychological. That is far from the truth and it makes aspiring traders think they don't have to seek the best method. I know you think you're right, but your ignorance is misleading others.

New traders should focus solely on finding the concepts that work consistently. Once you've tested the strategy yourself and trust it, feel free to read up on sport psychology. The point is that the grind is in identifying what works via backtesting. The rest is a much smoother process. The reason some people like yourself don't understand this is because they don't know what its like to trust a system, because they're misinformed and don't backtest. So without trust in the system you run into all sorts of psychological blocks. Suddenly performance psychology becomes a major thing for you and you start to think beginner traders should focus on it... reference Mark Douglas all you want. If he's implying what you think he is, then he's wrong too.

When you back test , you look for selective attention to your biases and beliefs , but other important non biases are missed out in manual back testing.

Mark Douglas is right , but you are also right that most systems don't work.

Many systems will work , only if there are fundamental backing te drivers of price.

First you should trade your own system , make loads of pips/ticks ,then compound it on a monthly basis , you will on Forbes list .If it works , you would not want to have the hastle of coaching someone.This is why I stated in orignal post , the mentor will have failed on live accounts and if the mentor failed on live accounts due to pychology , then has earned the knowledge first hand!

Taming hindsight bias is difficult but not impossible. Thats why the developmental process is a grind and many find excuses to avoid it. I speak from experience.

An organization is comprised of people. If you don't train your people how will you grow? Coaching is a leaders habit.

Taming hindsight bias is difficult but not impossible. Thats why the developmental process is a grind and many find excuses to avoid it. I speak from experience.

An organization is comprised of people. If you don't train your people how will you grow? Coaching is a leaders habit.

I have been on the same path as you , but you asking for headaches.

Trading is a 100% mental and emotional game. Either you are preparing, analyzing, processing or executing while trading; all of which require mental and emotional tools. If you don’t have mental and emotional tools that’s like driving without a steering wheel; and you will not only lose your way but you will crash and burn without it.

From Page 2 here

http://www.trade2win.com/articles/1...very/p/2?group=methodologies&topic=psychology

I think you're underestimating the duration of the developmental period of a trader's journey, which has nothing to do with execution psychology and more to do with productivity. This is getting boring.

I think you're underestimating the duration of the developmental period of a trader's journey, which has nothing to do with execution psychology and more to do with productivity. This is getting boring.

You don't understand the task of training others for free , firstly they are waiting for the day they have learnt everything from you .They are only learning what fits their comfort zone ,they will be screwing a sucker and not learning what you want to teach ,believe me , the minute thy have something working succesfully , they will be dumping you.

These free loaders you want to train for free , are working on "how to dump the sucker".

Don't be naive , save yourself time and money.

I don't think you understand psychology.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/fir...tween-amateurs-professionals.html#post2900090

This thread is a mental masturbation without telling how. So great mentors must be everywhere. And after 8 pages FL, you still haven't told us how...

So just to keep the spirit of the thread, I have a better idea. Find the perfect WIFE instead. Young(er), pretty, fertile, funny, rich, great cook, understanding, etc.

Then you can skip the finding the great mentor part. :) And I won't tell you how to do it, because who cares about the details?

This thread is a mental masturbation without telling how. So great mentors must be everywhere. And after 8 pages FL, you still haven't told us how...

I don't know who the great mentors are , because I am self taught.

Some of super trader mentors are charging $52,000 for the first course , the second , third and fourth courses will total over $100,000 , that is for a 3 year course .There is no gurantee of becoming a succesful trader , after taking the super course.

Warning disclaimer :TRADING INVOLVES LOSS , the super trader course is no guarantee of being a succesful trader.

The super trader book is only $28.00

The above is for lulz.

Trading is very easy and very simple .Just get a set and forget strategy , on the stockmarket for free .It will take you a few days to devise , at zero cost and you wil get financial freedom.It avoids the snake oil of market timing , psychological wired to lose handicap and is very easy to learn.

Sorry!The money trees are sold out.

But it is here for free , look out here soon for free stockmarket strategy.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/general-trading-chat/223414-what-professionals-edge.html

Or find a mentor who can train you to trade the professional's edge above i.e set and forget strategy .Very simple!