Feedback is appreciated - simplifying automated trading

Magick93

Hi

Magick is an application that aims to empower private traders with powerful automation technology.

We are seeking to talk with FX traders, to test our application and provide guidance on our usability and feature set.

If you are interested in taking part in our beta program, please visit https://www.magick.nu/beta/
NB - the signup currently requires that you signin with your LinkedIn account. We are simplifying this process.

Thanks and kind regards

Hi NVP

At this stage we are interested in hearing how useful our product and feature roadmap is.

Magick is not an EA, or an EA generator. We are building on the same technology that many large banks and hedgefunds use. And our aim is to bring this technology to private FX traders.

To find how best to do this we would like to speak with traders and learn how best traders can leverage this technology.

Currently, as we are in beta, there is no cost.

NB - the signup currently requires that you signin with your LinkedIn account. We are simplifying this process.
Can I suggest you come back and let us know when you have simplified the process then? Why anyone would choose to hobble uptake by introducing barriers and hoops is beyond me.

And can I also suggest you have someone proof read your web content.

Hi NVP

If you can join us for for a skype call where we hear your feedback, we will give you 3 months free.

sorry guys .......I'll give it a miss .......best of luck in the future

if you explain more here what you are bringing to the table you may get more support.........

N

Last edited:
HI NVP

No problem, and thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, we looking to simplify the process of building automated trading strategies.

Many traders already use EAs, yet most traders are not programmers.
Likewise many hedgefunds employ quants, programmers and also use specialized systems such as Streambase.

We feel that there should private traders should have access to automated trading technologies, more advanced that MQL, which do not require highly specialized skills.

As you can imagine, developing such technology is a challenge. And that is why we are reaching out to traders for feedback.

HI NVP

No problem, and thanks for your reply.

Just to clarify, we looking to simplify the process of building automated trading strategies.

Many traders already use EAs, yet most traders are not programmers.
Likewise many hedgefunds employ quants, programmers and also use specialized systems such as Streambase.

We feel that there should private traders should have access to automated trading technologies, more advanced that MQL, which do not require highly specialized skills.

As you can imagine, developing such technology is a challenge. And that is why we are reaching out to traders for feedback.

But you're not making it easy. I have no intention of giving my linkedin details, or even my email. If you want help, you have to make it easier for folks to help you.

What ?!
You actually expect to be paid for your time, effort, experience. knowledge and expertise ?
How unreasonable ! :LOL:

There should be a cap on your profits, Moneybags, after that you should think about putting expertise back, for the general benefit of the community.

Joking, of course! :)

Like hell! :(

Last edited:
But you're not making it easy. I have no intention of giving my linkedin details, or even my email. If you want help, you have to make it easier for folks to help you.

Yes, I totally agree - and we are working on this.

You are of course welcome to contact me via this forum, or through our contact form on the website.

As best as I can tell from the fairly poorly designed website is that you will be buying a product which will allow you to automate your own strategies. It's a pity Mikael/Anton/Thomas – whichever of them is Magick93 – didn’t spell out a bit more about the proposed product in the first post.

Regardless of their credentials – not much of which is associated with trading per se - anyone stupid enough to upload their strategies or provide them to a 3rd party where (presumably) performance of those strategies can be monitored and assessed (and re-utilised) deserves to pay for the privilege such stupidity provides.

I assumed posting in the Forums / Commercial / Trading Software / would have been sufficient.
The sign up procedure is sufficiently specific to enable everyone to register in an appropriate fashion without any assumptions being necessary.

As best as I can tell from the fairly poorly designed website is that you will be buying a product which will allow you to automate your own strategies. It's a pity Mikael/Anton/Thomas – whichever of them is Magick93 – didn’t spell out a bit more about the proposed product in the first post.

Regardless of their credentials – not much of which is associated with trading per se - anyone stupid enough to upload their strategies or provide them to a 3rd party where (presumably) performance of those strategies can be monitored and assessed (and re-utilised) deserves to pay for the privilege such stupidity provides.

We have been approached by a hedge fund to assist in recruiting traders. These are serious traders with serious money. And they recognize that ia strategy is not nearly as valuable as the person behind it. And as such are more interested in working with a trader and their strategy. Recruiting traders is NOT the goal of Magick.

Having said that, we have no intention of stealing your ideas. Please see if https://www.magick.nu/privacy-policy/
Our intention is to help your realize your ideas.

We have no commercial agreement with brokers, we do not take a cut of your profits, or the 'flow'.

Most FX vendors will either be IBs, taking a portion of the spread, or taking a commission. This is a common business model in Social Trading. This leads to vendors encouraging trading to increase flow / commission, and not leading to profitable traders. Its 'churn and burn'.

Therefore we want to assist traders with advanced risk management, and ease of strategy creation.

From my experience in the industry, there is a lot of distrust towards brokers, social trading, trading platforms and even other traders. We are trying to address this by being broker neutral, by ensure our system is stable and secure and by providing a transparent business model. We also have concerns about our IP being stolen if we were to make our software downloadable. We opted for a cloud based platform as this also provides users with a VPS like service.

Last edited:
You are a vendor as PB points out. You're not registered as one, which doesn't bode well if you are going for transparency.

The first paragraph of your post has left me confused. So you are looking to help a hedge fund, but you care about the trader rather than the system? That's weird, because for automation, it's the system that counts, obviously. Something is not sounding right.

I think PB has pointed out enough flaws in this thing already. A privacy policy is pretty meaningless. I've encountered various policies from companies, and when push comes to shove, a policy is more of a guideline that they may or may not stick to. It doesn't stop you from stealing trader's systems.

But even if we do accept the policy, what is Amakitu Aps? Also who are you affilliated with? Your prvacy policy, for all it's worth (nothing) allows you to share info with any affiliated party - which could be anyone. I have a bad feeling that you are not working on the linkedin issue (because there's very little to work on), and that you are in fact collecting details, and hoping to steal strategies.

(n)

We are working on simplifying the form right now.

As mentioned, you dont have to use linkedIn, you can contact me via this forum, or though our website contact form.

Amakitu Aps is the legal entity that owners Magick.

I did not say we looking to help a hedge fund - I said we had been approached by a hedge fund.

When I signed up on this forum I was not a vendor. I am not currently vending anything - but am seeking advice on a forthcoming product.

If you are paranoid that your strategy is going to be stolen, then lets talk - perhaps we can find a solution. As an experienced trader, I'm sure you are aware that every broker and trading platform could deduce your strategy - if that was their focus. VPS services may secretly be monitoring your performance so they can steal you brilliant ideas. Metatrader could be an elaborate strategy harvester cloaked as a automated trading platform. Having meet several people who work at Metaquotes, I feel very confident that they are NOT in the business of stealing trading strategies. Those who abuse trust do not last long in this industry.

I realize you have a frightfully mistrusting nature, so I am not going to try to convince you otherwise - however we are trying very hard to make tools to help your improve your trading. You could, for instance, talk with our developers and inquire about any nefarious plans for stealing your brilliant ideas. You are welcome to discuss with us about our technology, our goals, our motivations. We are very open to hearing your concerns.

And to return your first point, most traders, even those who automate their strategies, continue to refine them. The real value in a strategy comes from ones analysis. Markets change. And so does ones strategy. The point I was trying to make was hedge funds tend to seek not an EA, but a skilled trader. A skilled trader can still have their ideas automated, but it is the ideas that are of value to the hedge fund.

We are working on simplifying the form right now.

As mentioned, you dont have to use linkedIn, you can contact me via this forum, or though our website contact form.

Amakitu Aps is the legal entity that owners Magick.

I did not say we looking to help a hedge fund - I said we had been approached by a hedge fund.

When I signed up on this forum I was not a vendor. I am not currently vending anything - but am seeking advice on a forthcoming product.

If you are paranoid that your strategy is going to be stolen, then lets talk - perhaps we can find a solution. As an experienced trader, I'm sure you are aware that every broker and trading platform could deduce your strategy - if that was their focus. VPS services may secretly be monitoring your performance so they can steal you brilliant ideas. Metatrader could be an elaborate strategy harvester cloaked as a automated trading platform. Having meet several people who work at Metaquotes, I feel very confident that they are NOT in the business of stealing trading strategies. Those who abuse trust do not last long in this industry.

I realize you have a frightfully mistrusting nature, so I am not going to try to convince you otherwise - however we are trying very hard to make tools to help your improve your trading. You could, for instance, talk with our developers and inquire about any nefarious plans for stealing your brilliant ideas. You are welcome to discuss with us about our technology, our goals, our motivations. We are very open to hearing your concerns.

And to return your first point, most traders, even those who automate their strategies, continue to refine them. The real value in a strategy comes from ones analysis. Markets change. And so does ones strategy. The point I was trying to make was hedge funds tend to seek not an EA, but a skilled trader. A skilled trader can still have their ideas automated, but it is the ideas that are of value to the hedge fund.

You have claimed that when you signed up here you were not a vendor. Yet here you are selling something called Magick, with a username called Magick. :LOL:

There are only so many lies I can take in one post Magick, and yours is way over the limit.

In short, no thanks.

You have claimed that when you signed up here you were not a vendor. Yet here you are selling something called Magick, with a username called Magick. :LOL:

There are only so many lies I can take in one post Magick, and yours is way over the limit.

In short, no thanks.

I co-founded, and named the company. The company was founded in January of this year. Magick is a moniker that I have used for sometime.

http://www.proff.dk/firma/amakitu-aps/københavn-s/webbureauer/15733647-1/

And, FYI - http://forexmagnates.com/ex-saxo-mikael-breinholst-and-anton-hughes-launching-magick/

Last edited: