FAO Pigsy and all users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Observer

I think it's time to face facts. Everyone might as well stop calling this a temporary board as I have my doubts as to whether the Doc will return. Also, does anyone else find it odd that since the good doctors absence many of the regular posters have also vanished? Multiple BB personalities? Hmmmm
Pigsy, you're doing a good job and you're getting a nice site together here. I for one believe it's time to bury the CI nonsense and make this a community in its own right.

What a strange first post!!!!
Who are you ??
You may be correct, but what info do you base your asumption on
Col

Thanks Observer for the points you've raised...I however think that it would be better if you'd told us something about your position...as it sounds like you know too much about us and CI for a first timer..

Welcome aboard anyway..

rizgar

------------------
wizard6.gif

Observer,

We are definitely smelling a rat here (no offence intended). What was your nickname on the CI BB ? (multiple BB personalities) and which members in particular do you refer to as having vanished? Where do you think they have gone?

We did have a problem following the closure of CI in that unless you visited the Chat Room you were unlikely to have found this 'temporary' site. How did you find us?

You may of course be right in your assumption and I have to say it has crossed my mind on several occassions, in fact from day 1. However we were originally brought together by Iraj, David, Hibble etc who we know are currently extremely busy pursuing their own interests, but I believe that to a man we stand together in the hope that they will return in the future. In fact the Doc contributed to a BB discussion only a few days ago.

In my view it is the community and the content of this site which is far more important than it's title, but of course Pigsy having done a fabulous job certainly has the option to look at the future commercial aspect of SharkInvested in his own right. We in turn have the option to assist him, stick with him, or to move on as you suggest others have done or even go back to CI if it returns.

Until then - whats in a name ????

Cookie

I find this post offensive. I for one am 100% loyal to Dr Iraj and have no reason to doubt his good intentions. If observor has specific information then please share it with us but if you are making assumptions then I do not appreciate it. Even if it is true, which I personally doubt I still reflect on the massive commitment by Dr Iraj, almost making himself ill through over-work towards his goal of creating this community. If the comment is intended to cause dissention then it will surely fail. Whoever you are Observor, you are off to a bad start. But welcome to CI anyway...

Tx

Think Iraj and David Cobbe have a commercial TA site (pretty sure) under the URL http://www.tuscancapital.com State of the Art consultancy in fuzzy logic, Fibonacci ect (take a look). Thats what they are both busy on, with DC striving to obtain the qualifications to give Financial Advice.
Or, i could be imagining it.

------------------
frog8.gif

Col

The charts and blurb on that site are very reminiscent of David Cobbe's contributions and the very best of luck to him if it is.
I personally don't understand a word of it,and would prefer to remain in this 'community'.Keep up the good posts people!

Dab

This is not news, web address of the commercial site were posted by David Cobbe on CI (1). It was always his objective to develop this commercial venture and he told us that in order to operate the site he was studying in London for FSA exams and would be away for some time. So on that score DC was completely up front with us. Therefore, unless I have missed something, nothing has changed, has it?

Tx

If Hill Farmer adn't e-mailed me, I too would have been "missing".

As I have advocated on many occassions in other contexts ... patience, wait and see.

In the meantime, Pigsy has done a great job and we should continue as before.
Regards
Joe (There's only one of me ... they broke the mould)

Observer
Who do you think i am. Better get it right, i don't take prisoners.

------------------
devil4.gif

A wild guess, may be it is Hibble(Andy)

If it is you, welcome on this site, we need people like you.

I think it is time to tell us who you are Observer. You obviously have 'some' information, therefore you probably know a CI member but a little knowledge can be dangerous. Who are you? lets have it.

Tx

Nope, it did'nt arrive, it's only a mirage.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mirage:
Test.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Observer. Welcome to the site.

As a scientist, I believe it is good to ask questions. When the CI bulletin board closed so suddenly, a lot of people felt a sour taste by what happened - until Dr Iraj came along with a long reply to all our questions.

Questions are often a way of finding the truth. After all, blind faith helps no-one. However, the biggest question is WHY did Dr Iraj set the board up in the first place? He stated it was because he was sick of the way other BB's operated, the insults traded, and the inability of many to even open their mind to using maths, logic, and even fuzzy logic as a key to making sense of what often seems senseless in the markets.

And what was the gain for Dr Iraj? Did he become rich from us giving a subscription? Did he become rich from ramping/ deramping shares he owned? Did he become rich from selling us his private products/ software? The answer is no, no and no again. I believe Dr Iraj set up CI simply because he felt no place existed where like minded people could come and discuss/ learn TA together. After questioning I can see no sinister reason of the CI board OR of multiple personalities - there is no sense!

Will CI come back in its official form? I do not know - certainly Dr Iraj didn't know last time he posted about it. However, as much as we all thank Dr Iraj for the past, and maybe even the future, all our present thanks has to go to Pigsy who has made an incredible job of putting this site together. He deserves all the plaudits going for his hard work.
Mark

------------------
gfield2.gif

Well put Mark ( titus uk ) I wholeheartedly agree with that. Without DC-Iraj -Hibble ect., being so willing to encourage,explain and put in the time and effort, CI's bb would never have the been the success it was. Think it got too successful in the end,needing even more of DC and Iraj's time and effort, which they could not give.

------------------
frog8.gif

Col

I was away yesterday, and the first post I see is this at the top of the list. I can only endorse the remarks made by others in response to your post Observer - or whatever other name you may have used in the past.

You are obviously a devotee to this BB for I feel you would not - nay could not - have written in the context you did. I along with many others was surprised and bewildered in the way CI just disappeared, but despite the good work Pigsy has put in, in order to keep "the club" together, I am sure we all - Pigsy included - hope the good Doc is able to reintroduce the BB if not in the format he was hoping to, then perhaps in this format as before, and to stimulate the use of TA in the selection and timing of trading the markets.

One has only to read the posts to know that many came to this BB sceptical of TA and some not really knowing anything about it at all, but learned that used wisely it can assist in making a portfolio healthier.

So Observer, make you contributions, assist others, and you will be rewarded, even if only in self gratification that you have helped another not to make the mistakes you have no doubt made in the past.

No knocking another individual or someone's contribution, PLEASE.

John

I'd just like to say as Uncle pointed out, I hope very much that the good Doc does return. I'm indebted to him for creating such a wonderful community of people. If it wasn't for the City Informer site I'd be a lot less well informed and proabably a lot poorer for it too.

It's no trouble really hosting this site, I wouldn't blame people for thinking I have an alteria motive for hosting the BB. I know that when the Dr closed down CI, people in the community were concerned that the sharks would be out to profit from his departure but (despite the name of the site, no pun was intended) I'm no shark. I've just been in a fortunate postition to help out when it was really needed. When the CI site returns, and this BB returns to its rightful place - then perhaps i will keep this site alive. Who knows. I have made no plans.

So Observer, whoever you are. I'm not going to spend hours trying to track you down from your ip because, it really doesn't matter. I thank you for your comments about the sharky site. But as regards CI I'm not going to pretend its the first time ive heard comments like that - people, myself included where slighlty dismayed by the manner of CI's closure. But burying CI like you say would be a tragedy, and I will support the Dr for as long as he requires it.

------------------
Pigsy

pigsy_tiny.jpg

[This message has been edited by pigsy (edited 13-12-2000).]

Pigsy,
You may track my IP with pleasure and contact me at any time, I am sorry if my post upset you some how but I think maybe it could be time for a site without a Jonestown mindset. A community is made by the people in my opinion. I do not seek to attack any individual on this board as I have a measure of respect for you all and I apologise if I offended any of you.
My knowledge of CI is pretty thorough. I know that the Dr started because he saw a gap, I also know that he didnt make it commercial and seeing as I seem to cause discomfort amongst you for saying anything about Iraj I will leave it at that.
Like most things in life there's more going on than most know, but I just seem to know a little more about the benevolent Dr Iraj than most here.

Over to you Pigsy, lets get it out in the open. Is it Hibble?? Is it David?? Is it the Doc??

A simple e-mail to David or the Doc might surfice.

Cookie

Status
Not open for further replies.