Exporting indicator values

options-george

Guest Author
Hi everyone,
is it possible to export the value of indicators from a chart with packages such as Forex Tester or others?

For example, you add a simple moving average line to a FX chart. Is there some way of exporting the simple moving average value at each candle position?

Many thanks in advance for anyone that might be able to help.

Hi everyone,
is it possible to export the value of indicators from a chart with packages such as Forex Tester or others?

For example, you add a simple moving average line to a FX chart. Is there some way of exporting the simple moving average value at each candle position?

Do you mean exporting to Excel?

Do you mean exporting to Excel?

Yes that's correct - I am looking to export the data into Excel.
ForexTester Support staff told me that they do not have this available but could arrange a programmer to do it (though that would of course cost something).

Hi everyone,

Hi George,

FXCM's Trading Station platform lets you export chart data to Excel including information from indicators such as simple moving average.

fxcmexportingchartdatat.png

Here's a post I made earlier with instructions: http://www.trade2win.com/boards/forex-brokers/88834-fxcm-discussion-70.html#post2096550

Jason