Excel formula for candlestick (hammer and shooting star)

MKej

Hello
Need som help plotting the formula for Hammer and Shooting star candlestick in excel
I waant row J to scann for Hammers ang row K for Shooting stars

I've upoaded the excel file here. And i would really appreciate if someone could take a look at it. And maybe plot inn the correct formula.

Im using a norwegian excel so:
IF = HVIS
AND = OG

Attachments

• Candelstick test.xlsx
    184 KB · Views: 2,870
Hello
Need som help plotting the formula for Hammer and Shooting star candlestick in excel
I waant row J to scann for Hammers ang row K for Shooting stars

I've upoaded the excel file here. And i would really appreciate if someone could take a look at it. And maybe plot inn the correct formula.

Im using a norwegian excel so:
IF = HVIS
AND = OG
screening candlestick patterns with excel need a lot of time.
using charting software is very helpful.

Last edited:
Can you give the precise definitions that you'd like to use for "Hammers" and "Shooting Stars" please ??

ie the relationship between hi/lo/open and close

You'll probably have to use the AND(), OR() and ABS() -Absolute Value - functions

Can you give the precise definitions that you'd like to use for "Hammers" and "Shooting Stars" please ??

ie the relationship between hi/lo/open and close

You'll probably have to use the AND(), OR() and ABS() -Absolute Value - functions
ask google, you may find the code
reliable hammer position must be below stochastic 20 and shooting star above stochastic 80.
hammer & shooting star , upper shadow = null or 1 tick only and lower shadow must be larger or aqual to 2 times the body and the body must not be doji ( greenbody = close - open rredbody = open - close )

Last edited:
So this one is for hammer
=IF(AND((E2-F2)>(3*(D2-G2));((G2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6);((D2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6));"Hammer";"Junk")

Does anybody have the shooting star?

So this one is for hammer
=IF(AND((E2-F2)>(3*(D2-G2));((G2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6);((D2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6));"Hammer";"Junk")

Does anybody have the shooting star?

hammer = shooting star
hammer long shadow always below body
shooting star long shadow always above body