Excel formula for candlestick (hammer and shooting star)

MKej

2 0
Hello
Need som help plotting the formula for Hammer and Shooting star candlestick in excel
I waant row J to scann for Hammers ang row K for Shooting stars

I've upoaded the excel file here. And i would really appreciate if someone could take a look at it. And maybe plot inn the correct formula.

Im using a norwegian excel so:
IF = HVIS
AND = OG

Attachments

• Candelstick test.xlsx
    184 KB · Views: 2,024

tsunamizawa

Established member
666 0
Hello
Need som help plotting the formula for Hammer and Shooting star candlestick in excel
I waant row J to scann for Hammers ang row K for Shooting stars

I've upoaded the excel file here. And i would really appreciate if someone could take a look at it. And maybe plot inn the correct formula.

Im using a norwegian excel so:
IF = HVIS
AND = OG
screening candlestick patterns with excel need a lot of time.
using charting software is very helpful.

Last edited:

A Dashing Blade

Experienced member
1,373 170
Can you give the precise definitions that you'd like to use for "Hammers" and "Shooting Stars" please ??

ie the relationship between hi/lo/open and close

You'll probably have to use the AND(), OR() and ABS() -Absolute Value - functions

tsunamizawa

Established member
666 0
Can you give the precise definitions that you'd like to use for "Hammers" and "Shooting Stars" please ??

ie the relationship between hi/lo/open and close

You'll probably have to use the AND(), OR() and ABS() -Absolute Value - functions
ask google, you may find the code
reliable hammer position must be below stochastic 20 and shooting star above stochastic 80.
hammer & shooting star , upper shadow = null or 1 tick only and lower shadow must be larger or aqual to 2 times the body and the body must not be doji ( greenbody = close - open rredbody = open - close )

Last edited:

MKej

2 0
So this one is for hammer
=IF(AND((E2-F2)>(3*(D2-G2));((G2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6);((D2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6));"Hammer";"Junk")

Does anybody have the shooting star?

tsunamizawa

Established member
666 0
So this one is for hammer
=IF(AND((E2-F2)>(3*(D2-G2));((G2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6);((D2-F2)/(0,001+E2-F2) > 0,6));"Hammer";"Junk")

Does anybody have the shooting star?

hammer = shooting star
hammer long shadow always below body
shooting star long shadow always above body

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock