Evening trading US shares

Thanks leo and evo,,
One of the worse side offect of itra day trading is the health isue and this is some thing I have ignored and paid for in the past ,, I am taking it easy now and enjoy life ,, No point to make loads of $$ but be in a wheel chair ,

I just closed my last trade which was Over night long CCJ mentioned above ,,, with $1800 in few min

I really hope u guys all make loads and loads of $$$ i really really do and on my return if i can help any one out I will .

Once again ADIOS TRADERS

Will miss your informative guidence & comments dude.......... have a great holiday
look forward to your return.....
ps, ( bet youll have withdrawal symptoms after 3 days !!!) Addios Amigo

Question to scanner-users:

How long do you keep a stock on your screen after it has been flagged by your scanner (or by your research)? If the scanner has picked it up but the stock is going nowhere, or not giving you an opportunity of a trade, is there a point where you give up and look at other stocks? Or do you leave it on your screen for the whole day?

Question to scanner-users:

How long do you keep a stock on your screen after it has been flagged by your scanner (or by your research)? If the scanner has picked it up but the stock is going nowhere, or not giving you an opportunity of a trade, is there a point where you give up and look at other stocks? Or do you leave it on your screen for the whole day?

Hi guys, just got back from hols and hope trading has been good.

BF2, to answer your question, I pick my stocks pre-open and load them into my scanner, and they stay there all day. I also then continually add to the list throughout the day from picking the largest gainers/losers, being alerted to me via my hot lists. I will evaluate the pre-market activity in order to focus on what I want to trade at the open. I will also add before the open 8 charts into another screen and this list will change throughout the day. Only the best looking charts going into this screen. I will add horizontal alerts for key areas.

Here's a picture of my scanner.

Regards
Lee

Attachments

• RadarScanner.jpg
    RadarScanner.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 301
Briefing.com`s platinum service is$30/month while the trader version, which looks far better, is worth $350/month. From my experience, the platinum might be a false economy. It might be a bit like trying to play the uk market with sharescope. Bloomberg, even just on tv, is far better.

If any of the seers of momentum trading have any experience of the briefing.com trader, would be great to hear from them.

Cheers
CT.

You can get a free 2 week trial on it I believe, considering giving it a go myself.

Just want to give you the heads up on a hot stock that moved 33% yesterday, $5 for a $15 stock. I caught it late in the day at 7.30pm when it appeared at the top of my hot list. It's thin and wild, but with good direct access skills it can be played. It's name, you guessed it, EFUT!

Will be on every daytraders radar today. Just look at the move it done back in November 2006. It went from $6 to $45 in a matter of days.

Regards
PB

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the heads-up on EFUT.

Took 61c on half and another 1.42 on the remaining.

Cheers,
Frank.

Thanks Pitbull and others. On Briefing Platinum, EFUT and a few other chinese stocks were flagged up day before yesterday.
Today, intreresting moves on First Solar and TSL - the first a chinese solar company. First solar makes better intraday moves IMHO. Took $1 from it today but was out too quick.
Cheers CT.;)

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the heads-up on EFUT.

Took 61c on half and another 1.42 on the remaining.

Cheers,
Frank.

You're welcome Frank. Very nice trading!

Combo, yes, FSLR was nice and it is a good momo stock to trade.

FYI.
Tier 1 leading momentum stocks are a good gauge of the overall market. These are my core momo stocks that I like to play most days.

AAPL AKAM AMZN BIDU CRDN CROX CTRP FCSX FFIV FMCN FRPT FSLR FWLT GFIG GOOG GRMN GROW HANS ICE MA NMX NTRI POT RIMM RVBD SPWR TIE TNH VIP ZOLT

If you find that the market is getting harder to play, due to waning momentum, then combine your daytrading stock selection with key daily levels and play the breakout of those, i.e. 52 week highs, 20 day highs, key daily support etc.

Yesterday, CMI was one to watch as it made a run for it's April high of 107. I missed the first base and break at 103.50 but played the second base and break at 106.

A good one to watch is SPWR. It made a run for it's resistance at 62.50 and stopped virtually bang on it. Give it a few days breather to consolidate before it breaks.

Regards
PB

SPWR Breakout

Well, it duly complied alright.

Resistance was at 62.64 and in run into it perfectly. I attach the daily and the 1min which shows my entry and exit.

PB

Attachments

• SPWR210607.jpg
    SPWR210607.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 289
  • SPWR210607intra.jpg
    SPWR210607intra.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 296
I would like to say what an excellent thread this is. Super honest posts from Pitbull and Grey1 to name just a few.

This is the first time I've ventured onto the US stocks area and so glad I did. Even though I'm a UK trader (6yrs) it's refreshing to see such a good thread on a forum and I will definately be watching for updates from now on.

Keep it up gents.........

The low com's and higher liquidity are actually making me consider if moving to US stocks are the way forward to increase my returns. The charges associated with UK trading added to the lack of volatility is really becoming a larger hurdle as the years go by. hmmm something to consider.

Daily levels on key momentum leaders

Just thought I'd post some stock choices that I like which are at important daily breakout levels on market leading stocks. These are high beta stocks and they move with a capital "M", so be careful.

BIDU - it had a great week last week, was like an ATM machine for me, watch 158 level. Watch it set up under this number and run hard through it like it did most days last week.

CMI - watch 107

CROX - watch 47 and a break to new highs around 47.40

FMCN - like it to hold 48 and move higher

FSLR - had a big day on Friday, momentum may continue today or may consolidate first before moving higher

GRMN - watch 72

JASO - had a false breakout on wednesday but watch it in the late 30's to 31

MA - looking poised to break above 169.50

SPWR - great move on Friday, may see some continuation

NVDA - had a great 2 days last week. Watch 44 but may need a breather before going higher

Of course, if the markets breakdown then a lot of the daily set ups may need a couple more days before breaking out. Market first, then stock.

Good trading.
PB

Thanks for sharing pitbull.
How do you narrow down your stock choice? Do you have a scanner or is it just legwork scanning through.

One thing I find daunting is the sheer amount of stocks in the US. Obviolsly the advantage is that far more opportunities are created especially if you are looking for specific setups.

You'd be lucky to get 10 shares moving with decent volatility during a normal day in the UK, in the US it seems more like 1000!:eek:

Me for the (imaginary) day only one bad trade which would have ultimately made money with a wider stop (CAT bought at 80.94 stopped out at 81.09 now at 80.40 :devilish: ) but I've learnt the hard way to obey my stops so ho hum.

Hope you guys caught BSC's fall from grace, AAPL's burnt me too many times so I tend not to trade the $100+ stocks I'll leave that to you experts :D.

Good Trading.

Axler.

Attachments

• 25-06-pl.jpg
    25-06-pl.jpg
    784.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 25-06-trades.jpg
    25-06-trades.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Hi Axler

I caught the following moves but my L2 wasn't working so I had to guage the momentum from T & S.
Also they may have been on the list of unshortable stocks but I 'aint going to know until I move up from paper trading to 100 share lots.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

ILMN +17
HOKU +56
HOLX -10
DRIV +29
SNDK +26

Regards
Steve

Thanks for sharing pitbull.
How do you narrow down your stock choice? Do you have a scanner or is it just legwork scanning through.

One thing I find daunting is the sheer amount of stocks in the US. Obviolsly the advantage is that far more opportunities are created especially if you are looking for specific setups.

You'd be lucky to get 10 shares moving with decent volatility during a normal day in the UK, in the US it seems more like 1000!:eek:

Hi ya Captain

Personal scanning and daily hot stocks due to news etc. When you trade the U.S day in and day out, you get to know the movers and the best ones, I load these into my hot stocks column to watch most days as well as 1st day and 2nd day gainers/losers. There are times these stocks are just churning, so I update the list every week.

Lovely sell off tonight. RIMM, MA and ICE led the charge down.

PB

Hi Axler

I caught the following moves but my L2 wasn't working so I had to guage the momentum from T & S.
Also they may have been on the list of unshortable stocks but I 'aint going to know until I move up from paper trading to 100 share lots.

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

ILMN +17
HOKU +56
HOLX -10
DRIV +29
SNDK +26

Regards
Steve

Nice work Steve

I missed HOKU until later and didn't want to chase it.

Hi Lee

The sell off came about 19:00 and I looked for core stocks that were about to break their daily lows for a safer entry and SNDK and DRIV were the ones I found.

I see that ICE and RIMM were a similar set-up - wow - a combined drop of about $8.00.

Well done mate.

Regards
Steve