Evening trading US shares

. . . . just need a trading partner to manage trades for me as can only multi task a certain amount of stocks. LOL
Hi Lee,
Could your prospective 'trading partner' be remote or would s/he need to work alongside you? If the latter, I assume the successful applicant would need to be young and feminine which, unfortunately, rules me out on both counts.
;)
Tim.

grey1 is up $8700 for the day trading DELL after market ,( intra day ) AAPL ,NVDA JOYG ,, Now it is my turn to go and wash the dishes,,

Where else would you get paid for this kinda $$ in such a short time,,,, Market is the place to be ...

Grey1

Where else would you get paid for this kinda $$ in such a short time,,,, Market is the place to be ...
Football - in answer to your question. Nice going though Iraj - and doubtless you have much better taste than the average Premiership multi-millionaire footballer.
;)
Tim.

Hi

Tim, in football you lose too many of trading's advantages like liberty of not trading a day(=not playing in a special football game) or managing your time: You have to exercise from morning till afternoon also suffer from physical injuries/risks. Also control is another factor, you have many controlling levers in trading, like trading high-risk or low-risk,etc. but options are much limited in football. Trading is the best place in the world if someone really knows how to play it, like Dr.Grey ;)

Doctor, I admire your trades also your commitment to learn others in these forums.

Regards
Kako

Hi

Tim, in football you lose too many of trading's advantages like liberty of not trading a day(=not playing in a special football game) or managing your time: You have to exercise from morning till afternoon also suffer from physical injuries/risks. Also control is another factor, you have many controlling levers in trading, like trading high-risk or low-risk,etc. but options are much limited in football. Trading is the best place in the world if someone really knows how to play it, like Dr.Grey ;)

Doctor, I admire your trades also your commitment to learn others in these forums.

Regards
Kako
KAKO,

Good to hear from you ,, Hope all is o.k. and your TA training courses are going well .

Grey1

Ok this is me to day . A very difficult day as far as market direction was concerned ,, I had to even ignore couple of signals from the engine as I thought there was little technicallity left for today's market,, very sentiment driven market ,,

Attachments

• friday.jpg
    friday.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 276
Last edited:
decided to try out the cybertrade platform considering that questrade use this platform and they are the ones who are in the lead at the moment, as far as me taking the plunge goes. . Would've been a good day for me today.

Attachments

• cybertrader.GIF
    cybertrader.GIF
    44.5 KB · Views: 228
This is me to day ,, I was demonstrating to day to few young traders hence smaller pos size,
URRE was a good trade as it rallied 20% but i was away to trade the evening ,, I lost to URRE in consoidation when the guys were here,, fair and sqaure .
Had I been trading the last hour I would have certainly made loads of $$$ on URRE and AMZN specially AMZN

grey1

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 301
Grey I've been meaning to ask for ages is the P&L column on your IB screen a plug in? if so which one?

Grey I've been meaning to ask for ages is the P&L column on your IB screen a plug in? if so which one?
PLUG in ? what does that mean .. I just use IB's standard P/L.. I think if you go to configuration there should be a button there to give you P/L // Perhaps another trader can answer ur question..

This is me for the time being a very simple day

grey

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 264
  • trades.jpg
    trades.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Page Layout

Axler

Click on Page drop-down menu, then Layout

Then you can select the columns you need in the page using the Add or Remove columns as appropriate.

There is both a realised P&L and unrealised P&L

Charlton

Attachments

• IB page setup.PNG
    IB page setup.PNG
    357 KB · Views: 262
Thanks Charlton for explanation as i was not sure what he meant ..

This is me for the day .. Muchac Gracias,,,

Attachments

• todayfinall.jpg
    todayfinall.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 281
Hi Grey1

Today the market was down- DOW gapdown and -120 at the lowest point. According to your top down approach, a day trader should Sellshort weak stocks. For me, shortselling was the only option today and hence short weak ones like KLAC and GILD etc.I noticed that you were buying AMZN and BRCM, making decent profits. Did you buy them based on good news alone or was there any 'technical' reason?

thanks, ..

Axler

Click on Page drop-down menu, then Layout

Then you can select the columns you need in the page using the Add or Remove columns as appropriate.

There is both a realised P&L and unrealised P&L

Charlton

Thanks for the reply thats what I was trying to do but it wasn't showing up as a option, figured it out now I had to go into the feature selector popup from the configuration drop down and enable Real Time Activity Monitoring then you can add it via the layout menu.

Thanks for the reply thats what I was trying to do but it wasn't showing up as a option, figured it out now I had to go into the feature selector popup from the configuration drop down and enable Real Time Activity Monitoring then you can add it via the layout menu.
Axler

Glad it's working. It's not a bad idea when TWS is first setup to just enable everything and then disable them when they discovered not to be required, but I will end the discussion here as this is not the IB thread !

Charlton

Hi Grey1

Today the market was down- DOW gapdown and -120 at the lowest point. According to your top down approach, a day trader should Sellshort weak stocks. For me, shortselling was the only option today and hence short weak ones like KLAC and GILD etc.I noticed that you were buying AMZN and BRCM, making decent profits. Did you buy them based on good news alone or was there any 'technical' reason?

thanks, ..
leo

A top down approach does not mean only go short when market is in negative ,, far from it. This is what I have been shouting all the time that most traders do not have an understanding of market Phase and what phase the market is going through ,,

What you need is an understanding of market phase as this is vital in trading ,, It does not matter whether u are a news trader or technical or statistical trader,, there is a phase that you short stocks and a phase that u long stocks,, as simple as that ,

There are tons of books on cycle analysis which comes under advanced TA concepts which one needs to read and understand , most of them are not for day traders but if you go to Technical Analysis of stocks and commodities site you will be able to find many approaches in cycle analysis ,,,,

In a nut shell ,,, when the stock is stronger than its sector and there is a divergence between the nodes of market cycle against the stock's then you have a signal.. Both BRCM and AMZN were an awesome example of such approach ,,,,

Being a technical traders is far more than looking at a chart that another million traders are starring at. Have you ever thought every trader is watching the same break out point and if they all take the similar trade direction they flood the market and the stock trends against them . This is a simple Volume analysis that we have too many expert on this BB,, My message in here is this,,,, having an edge means vast technical knowledge and that comes with cycle analysis... By the way ,, The foundation of all Technical analysis is this MARKET IS NOT RANDOM AND GOES THROUGH PREDICTABLE CYCLE... It is our job to measure and identify the cycle and ride it...( There are lots of wisdom in the above few statement ) ..

Grey1

TIMsk

Remember when i said we must always use top down approach and you said Mr chart looks at the Index future ,,,, I left the argument at that point because I did not want to cause more trouble ,,, but what is the point of just looking at an index without having a technical approach to market cycle,,, what difference does it make if I keep starring all day at any leading indicators ? ,, Not much ,,,,, what matters is this,,, market goes through a cycle which some times gets distorted by marco/Micro economical and instrumental news but once the climax has settled the market path is predicable and measurable and it is our task to learn and tame and trade in the direction of the market.

Boring boring boring I know but this is it guys ,, TA is all about cycle,,,,

grey1

Thanks mate. Was away for a few days. You`re right, Trade Ideas does give a lot of signals. Too much for one person. Never used Esignals turbo scanner, but esignal is my main window in to the markets! Any experience of it ?
CHeers CT