Evening trading US shares

Grey1 said:
Easy trading day .. Good run on AMZN after the hours .. Only small postions as I was coaching one of my families.
Grey1

All I can say is lucky familes !

Charlton

Grey1 said:
Only small postions as I was coaching one of my families.
Hi Grey 1,
I have been labouring under a misapprehension for a long while now that you are a bloke. However, given the number of trades you did yesterday AND some coaching as well, this puts you in a bracket of multi-tasking which far exceeds the capabilities of any man I know! Only a woman would be capable of such an impressive feat, and a very impressive one it is too! Great stuff.
;)
Tim.

timsk said:
Hi Grey 1,
I have been labouring under a misapprehension for a long while now that you are a bloke. However, given the number of trades you did yesterday AND some coaching as well, this puts you in a bracket of multi-tasking which far exceeds the capabilities of any man I know! Only a woman would be capable of such an impressive feat, and a very impressive one it is too! Great stuff.
;)
Tim.

Having sat with Grey1 for a day, as numerous others have, and watched him trade live, and post his executions on T2W, I can assure you that: -
a. He is definitely male !
b. He can trade profitably and coach at the same time very easily and clearly enjoys doing it.
c. Technical Trading takes a lot of the need for multi-tasking away so long as you have the right tools.
d. He's a pro trader making the difficult look easy.

And just to qualify those views, I have been trading for around 10 years, so I've been around the block a few times so to speak.

Incidentally I read somewhere last week that in fact is it men who are better at multi-tasking than women; a reversal of previous thinking it seems.

Glenn

Mr. Charts said:
Ok
Hope you got the $9 move on GOOG ;-)))
Richard

Unfortunately not Richard, I'm nowhere in your league :cheesy:

As a matter of fact I don't as a rule trade shares over $100 anyway. I find them far too hectic.

Nice trading Grey1. Can I just ask why you trade such precise amounts of shares, is that part of your strategy?

Glenn said:
And just to qualify those views, I have been trading for around 10 years, so I've been around the block a few times so to speak.
Glenn
Hi Glenn,
No need to qualify your views; I'd respect them anyway and I'm very aware of Grey 1's expertise. Nonetheless, to do that number of trades and coach at the same time is, I would imagine, most unusual and was worthy of comment as well as admiration.
Glenn said:
Incidentally I read somewhere last week that in fact is it men who are better at multi-tasking than women; a reversal of previous thinking it seems.
Glenn
:eek:
In which case, maybe I'm turning into a girlie!
Tim.

Glenn said:
Having sat with Grey1 for a day, as numerous others have, and watched him trade live, and post his executions on T2W, I can assure you that: -
a. He is definitely male !
b. He can trade profitably and coach at the same time very easily and clearly enjoys doing it.
c. Technical Trading takes a lot of the need for multi-tasking away so long as you have the right tools.
d. He's a pro trader making the difficult look easy.

Glenn

Glenn ,

Good Job you been to my house other wise i had to justify being a male ROFLLLLLL.. Trading is really a simple task if one understand why stocks move the way they do ..
Serious traders can apply to join to TECHNICAL TRADER forum to learn how to trade profitably day in and out .

Grey1

The Beyonder said:
Unfortunately not Richard, I'm nowhere in your league :cheesy:

As a matter of fact I don't as a rule trade shares over $100 anyway. I find them far too hectic.

Nice trading Grey1. Can I just ask why you trade such precise amounts of shares, is that part of your strategy?

Actually the correct postion sizing is part of the strategy but in most cases I reduce my position for faster execution . In the attached picture the actual trade is 1045 QCOM but I most probably only took 1000 .

Attachments

• signal.jpg
    signal.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 289
Grey1 said:
Glenn ,

Good Job you been to my house other wise i had to justify being a male ROFLLLLLL.. Trading is really a simple task if one understand why stocks move the way they do ..
Serious traders can apply to join to TECHNICAL TRADER forum to learn how to trade profitably day in and out .

Grey1

How does one apply to join the TECHNICAL TRADER forum please?

timsk said:
Hi Grey 1,
;)
Tim.
persons with add or adhd are known to be the most proficient multitaskers

This is today's result . I traded AKAM after market hence the late screen shot. I also went long RESP as a swing trade . SUNW and FRG are also swing trades from few days back . I have not been able to trade activley to day due to having guests from Abroad, hence only few trades here and there.
I will be also going LONG on RPM in next few days as a swing Trade.

PS:-- There was an execution error which resulted in selling most number of RESP hence the 200 pos size. I will add to my pos to 1400 tmorrow .

Grey1

Attachments

• today.jpg
    today.jpg
    461.1 KB · Views: 256
how can we profit from grey1 trades. he isnt offering any trade in time

after all it doesnt help any1. nice to look @. that s it

pssonice said:
after all it doesnt help any1. nice to look @. that s it
pssonice

On the contrary you can learn a lot. If Grey1 or anyone else for that matters chooses to share their strategies, even after the event, it can be helpful. You need to extract from each post what is valuable and useful in developing your own strategy.

You should not be looking towards Grey1 to feed you stock tips, notwithstanding any FSA regulations that might be breached.

In any case I don't think your statement holds true. Look at Grey1's last post yesterday evening in which he said precisely what he would be doing tomorrow and over the next few days.

Grey1 has been most generous in sharing his knowledge with others.

Charlton

charlton, your footnote "Think it, Create it, Do It !"

is great, but I cant c any forecast from your site.

my journal is the answer on your footnote
I Think it, I Create it, I Do It ! and after all in time.

I trade in a completely different way to grey but I am always open minded to the way others trade and would never criticise anyone over their methods if they work consistently.
Looking at the daily candle charts of RESP and RPM it is clear to me why grey has made those comments.
I would differ in so far as I also focus in on the five then one minute charts then depth of market/ T&S for the best entry. I also need to see the way price, trades, volume and market participants are behaving at key price levels before making a final decision.
However, everyone differs and all that really matters is whether something works well in the long run.
This thread was started by me, though no-one "owns" a thread, and everyone is welcome to post as far as I am concerned, but may I ask that no-one spoils it with personal attacks and keeps any comments constructive and helpful to others.
The above is not directed at anybody specifically.
Richard

Last edited:
Mr. Charts said:
I trade in a completely different way to grey but I am always open minded to the way others trade and would never criticise anyone over their methods if they work consistently.
Looking at the daily candle charts of RESP and RPM it is clear to me why grey has made those comments.
I would differ in so far as I also focus in on the five then one minute charts then depth of market/ T&S for the best entry. I also need to see the way price, trades, volume and market participants are behaving at key price levels before making a final decision.
However, everyone differs and all that really matters is whether something works well in the long run.
This thread was started by me, though no-one "owns" a thread, and everyone is welcome to post as far as I am concerned, but may I ask that no-one spoils it with personal attacks and keeps any comments constructive and helpful to others.
The above is not directed at anybody specifically.
Richard
well said

4 trades today but only one worth talking about, the other 3 being negligible.

CMRG - as usual a Breakout to new highs on strong volume for +96c.

Regards

Attachments

• CMRG.png
    CMRG.png
    8 KB · Views: 273
  • 8 Feb.PNG
    8 Feb.PNG
    35 KB · Views: 228
Very nice trading, The Beyonder.
I was also in CMRG, going long a little later than you on the consolidation break and exiting on the first bearish engulfing candle.
I traded ten times y'day with one very large win, three substantial wins, four small wins and two small losses.
Two images to follow.
I have deleted some details to stay within T2W rules.
Richard.