Evening trading US shares

Do you still trade the ES Dave ??
I remember you saying you did from time to time with the aid of the squawk feed....The reason I ask is that the ES and for that matter the YM are very good for the type of pattern trading I think you describing..

:)

Bez said:
Do you still trade the ES Dave ??
I remember you saying you did from time to time with the aid of the squawk feed....The reason I ask is that the ES and for that matter the YM are very good for the type of pattern trading I think you describing..

:)
I sometimes might trade some ES futures. But rarely these days. Still use the squawkbox though, wanna know the overall sentiment in the market. Still pretty busy in that pit there.

-Dave

dvdh said:
Thanks a lot.

'That's right, I don't use LII anymore. Not saying it's completely useless. But I lost my edge with the ECN merger.

Kind regards,

-Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.

The whole subject of the 'use' of L11 (or not) is very interesting. Indeed, this thread does contain contributors who like yourself were (or are) users, some of whom did indeed cite it's use as providing an 'edge' (I think you did mention several earlier).

Would be interested to hear from Richard, Pitbull, Gadgetman etc. if they do indeed still use L11, and/or have they found it's use in providing an edge has diminished or not.

Cheers,
Frank.

vegas said:
Thanks for the reply Dave.

The whole subject of the 'use' of L11 (or not) is very interesting. Indeed, this thread does contain contributors who like yourself were (or are) users, some of whom did indeed cite it's use as providing an 'edge' (I think you did mention several earlier).

Would be interested to hear from Richard, Pitbull, Gadgetman etc. if they do indeed still use L11, and/or have they found it's use in providing an edge has diminished or not.

Cheers,
Frank.
That's correct. I'm pretty sure Richard combines LII with his chart patterns! He'll be responding soon!

-Dave

Hey Dave, how are you man? Sorry to hear of your set backs Dave. Keep your chin up, you will be back to your best in no time knowing your capabilities. I'll skype you later so we can chat, if thats OK.

Vegas, yes, L2 is still an important decision making tool for me in as much as risk evaluation, support and resistance, momentum and market participant behaviour. However, I tend not to watch every move on the L2 once my trade is running.

Keeping to the subject of NYSE stocks, NYSE completed it's Phase III rollout last week Wednesday, which means that all stocks on the NYSE should now operate more electronically and fills should be much quicker.

Phase IV of the Hybrid market began last Thursday. The main thing to be concerned with is the introduction of two new order types. The NYSE will introduce Immediate or Cancel (IOC) and Intermarket Sweep Orders (ISO). Check out this link for more information http://hybridtalk.nyse.com/

Safe and happy trading!

PitBull said:
Hey Dave, how are you man? Sorry to hear of your set backs Dave. Keep your chin up, you will be back to your best in no time knowing your capabilities. I'll skype you later so we can chat, if thats OK.

Vegas, yes, L2 is still an important decision making tool for me in as much as risk evaluation, support and resistance, momentum and market participant behaviour. However, I tend not to watch every move on the L2 once my trade is running.

Keeping to the subject of NYSE stocks, NYSE completed it's Phase III rollout last week Wednesday, which means that all stocks on the NYSE should now operate more electronically and fills should be much quicker.

Phase IV of the Hybrid market began last Thursday. The main thing to be concerned with is the introduction of two new order types. The NYSE will introduce Immediate or Cancel (IOC) and Intermarket Sweep Orders (ISO). Check out this link for more information http://hybridtalk.nyse.com/

Safe and happy trading!

No worries, Lee! I'll talk to you on skype when I see you online! Good luck today, looks quiet so far.

-Dave

Dave, no-one can keep a good man down, especially one with your skills !
You'll be back pretty damn quick. Anytime you want to chat - pick up the phone.

I'll post more when I get time, but I use level2 T&S all the time and find it totally invaluable.
I do trade a little differently to dvdh for whose methods the mergers have been a problem.
An example of what I do in a scalping type trade can be seen on post #173 on this thread.

Dave you'll be back kicking ass in no time ;-) Guaranteed.
Richard

Mr. Charts said:
Dave, no-one can keep a good man down, especially one with your skills !
You'll be back pretty damn quick. Anytime you want to chat - pick up the phone.

I'll post more when I get time, but I use level2 T&S all the time and find it totally invaluable.
I do trade a little differently to dvdh for whose methods the mergers have been a problem.
An example of what I do in a scalping type trade can be seen on post #173 on this thread.

Dave you'll be back kicking ass in no time ;-) Guaranteed.
Richard
I'm working on it. I'll drop you an e-mail soon.

Good luck today,

-Dave

After a shaky start, managed to bag another near $2 trade on MBI.

Same strategy as Friday, break to new lows on decent volume. As it happens I may have exited too early but a decent trade nevertheless.

Regards

Attachments

• Chart of MBI.png
    Chart of MBI.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 335
  • 29 jan.PNG
    29 jan.PNG
    30.2 KB · Views: 330
The Beyonder,
I've just had a look at your set ups, entries and exits and they are both superb. Even though the FLML trade didn't pan out, you still did exactly the right things at the right times, imho.
This is a probability and position management business and I can see you got them spot on - again imho.
Richard

Well, you know this is live trading mistakes and all.

Was out earlier so couldn't trade the open but made a couple of evening trades.

A CR breakdown to new lows for +36 and an ODSY long for -9.
Sold ODSY for a small profit as the trade wasn't quite working, about to log out and call it a day when I realised I had doubled my long. :eek:

Attachments

• CR.png
    CR.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 278
  • ODSY.png
    ODSY.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 253
  • 30 jan.PNG
    30 jan.PNG
    31.4 KB · Views: 242
Good stuff, The Beyonder ;-)
Very pleasing to see you trade so well.
If you are using eSignal with IB, there is a way to make sure you don't end up adding to any position when you actually want to close it. If you need help with that, just email me and I'll be very happy to point you in the right direction.
Richard

GOOG and GILD are reporting after the close tonight.

Some good examples by The Beyonder of bread and butter break out set ups!..nice :)

Last edited:
hope you all done well .. couple of swings and a quick scalp on RIMM

Muchas Gracias

Attachments

• todays.jpg
    todays.jpg
    508.9 KB · Views: 268
Thx for the offer Richard, however I'm using QT and not eSignal.

It's just me being clumsy. :cheesy:

Easy trading day .. Good run on AMZN after the hours .. Only small postions as I was coaching one of my families.

Attachments

• pic66.png
    pic66.png
    50 KB · Views: 278
Grey1 said:
Easy trading day .. Good run on AMZN after the hours .. Only small postions as I was coaching one of my families.
Opps Trades

Attachments

• trades.jpg
    trades.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 247