EURUSD Trader

JonnyT

*** This is not an advert ***

This thread has been opened to discuss EURUSD trader black box system.

The system risks 10 pips per trade on the EUR/USD Globex future @ $12.5 per pip.

Today a Long trade was triggered at 1.2398 and subsequently stopped out.

My real life trade had a 1 pip slip on exit so -11 for the day for me.

Since launching the product I admit to rushing it to the market, resulting in a few annoying and potentially costly bugs. None of the Licence holders lost any money because of this, but they could have done.

I'm now near to the point where I will be happy with the software and it will be reliable like 'Spot On'

Anyone is free to ask questions here, offer any opinions negative or positive.

I beleive in openess so if the system f's up or doen't perform then it will be here for all to see.

So cum'mon get posting.

JonnyT

JonnyT said:
*** This is not an advert ***

This thread has been opened to discuss EURUSD trader black box system.

JonnyT

I`m now considering to buy this system. But before I do so, 2 questions come to my mind:

How has it done (and equity curve developed) the last days and weeks?

How satisfied are his customers (are there any) with JonnyT and/or this system?

Thanks for details

Hittfeld

I bought the system and Jonny has been extremely helpful in getting me up and running as I had some difficulties setting it up as I am a bit of a technical idiot so Jonny did it for me remotely using vnc software and has been very helpful in answering my questions and numerous emails..
I would not normally comment on its effectiveness but JT has said in his post that he wants to see openess.
All I can say is that I have been running it in simulation mode for a week and live mode for another week and it has not produced any winners in that period. I believe it is in a period of drawdown and speaking to JT he agrees.He states that the reason is because the markets are choppy at the moment and there is not the usual explosive movements because of the light summer volumes. As a result I am going to go back to simulation mode for the next month and see how the system performs.
Hope this helps.

I bought the software and had some problems with it initially; some of my own making and some not. I was a bit concerned when I bought it that what I received I was told was beta software and to be very careful with it. However when the software caused me problems jonnyT fixed it and upgraded my subscription from 6 to 12 months. I have used it for a while now and have now stopepd using it for various reasons.

Trading a black box trading system is probably one of the hardest ways to trade.

How do you know when the system is going through normal draw down period, or when the system
no longer works?

You have to ask the person who created the system:

"He states that the reason is because the markets are choppy at the moment and there is not the usual
explosive movements because of the light summer volumes."

Did the system work during July 2003? Looking at the back test results it seems it did. So the system probably still works in this type of market and is having a normal drawdown (although a few more
years of backtesting would have been useful).

If this is a normal drawdown you should still be trading the system, you cant second guess it and only
trade after a winning period. Youll just end up getting whipsawed.

thanks DD, I do understand about drawndown, but as I stated " I have used it for a while now and have now stopepd using it for various reasons"...the main one being that the loss of a job means I no longer have money I can risk trading at the moment.

398 doesn't sound like a great price JT - perhaps you could add some more logic to allow for (what I call) the "50/00 effect"?

Just a thought :)

Steve