EURUSD Index

MarkBraun

Hi everyone,

I've recently created quite powerful indicator using Hitrader website community and want to share it.
The idea is to use a portfolio of successful traders to determine a moment when to trade EURUSD. Every time if someone has EURUSD or any EUR cross long position we assign +1 to this trader and -1 in case of short one. Then we sum these numbers (50 traders) to get EURUSD Index. If it’s more than +20 we hold EURUSD long next day (one daily bar), less than -20 short. Please have a look at the attached figure. There was long on April 9, April 11, April 16, April 22, April 25 and April 30; short on April 23. So far the performance looks very good. No doubt it's just six weeks but I'm planning on getting more statistics and see how it works :)

Cheers. Mark

Attachments

• EURUSD Index.png
    EURUSD Index.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 283
So far the performance is:
April 9 +62 pips,
April 11 +39 pips;
April 16 +131 pips,
April 22 -21 pips;
April 23 +62 pips;
April 25 -3 pips,
April 30 +74 pips; total +344 pips.

interesting concept. My concern would be that if 90% of traders lose,in time what you are doing would only work with serious disciplined traders. Where will you find 50 of those

interesting concept. My concern would be that if 90% of traders lose,in time what you are doing would only work with serious disciplined traders. Where will you find 50 of those

I selected for my portfolio Hitrader community traders which performance are good enough, so lets see how it works :)

EURUSD Index for today's close (14.05) is +21, so we hold long EURUSD next daily bar (15.05).

EURUSD Index for today's close (14.05) is +21, so we hold long EURUSD next daily bar (15.05).

Can you pop the EURUSD price at time of call so we can mark the charts thanks.
Even better, post up the marked chart.

I think this indy could have great value.
ie do the exact opposite.:)

Can you pop the EURUSD price at time of call so we can mark the charts thanks.
Even better, post up the marked chart.

I think this indy could have great value.
ie do the exact opposite.:)

No problem :) Result for 15.05 -51 pips, today's EURUSD Index value is -31, we hold short from 1.2880 for one daily bar (16.05).

Result for 16.05 -3 pips, today's EURUSD Index value is -37, we hold short from 1.2883 for one daily bar (17.05)

Result for 17.05 +45 pips, so far we have got +335 pips:
April 9 +62 pips,
April 11 +39 pips;
April 16 +131 pips,
April 22 -21 pips;
April 23 +62 pips;
April 25 -3 pips,
April 30 +74 pips,
May 15 -51 pips,
May 16 -3 pips,
May 17 +45 pips.

A couple of questions:
What happened to the performance from from May 1 to May 14?
Why do you hold the for entire day?

Personally I think if you actually traded this strategy you will have big drawdowns like May 15 when trend changes and the traders you are following switch their positions or exit the market intra day.

A couple of questions:
What happened to the performance from from May 1 to May 14?
Why do you hold the for entire day?

Personally I think if you actually traded this strategy you will have big drawdowns like May 15 when trend changes and the traders you are following switch their positions or exit the market intra day.

There were no trading situations from May 1 to May 14 - EURUSD Index values were within -19 to +19 which was not enough to trade. It is a daily based system, so we trade daily bars basing on daily close information only.

There were no trading situations from May 1 to May 14 - EURUSD Index values were within -19 to +19 which was not enough to trade. It is a daily based system, so we trade daily bars basing on daily close information only.

I have to disagree with your statement that there were no good trades in this currency during the time you specified. I assume you meant with your system? On the other hand you stated it is derived from several expert traders and I refuse to accept that a number of expert traders did not see a trading opportunity in the EURUSD for 14 days.

I have to disagree with your statement that there were no good trades in this currency during the time you specified. I assume you meant with your system? On the other hand you stated it is derived from several expert traders and I refuse to accept that a number of expert traders did not see a trading opportunity in the EURUSD for 14 days.
Please check the methodology of EURUSD Index, we trade if traders have 20 more longs then shorts /20 more shorts then longs. We just had no situations like these for two weeks. Nothing wrong with it.

Please check the methodology of EURUSD Index, we trade if traders have 20 more longs then shorts /20 more shorts then longs. We just had no situations like these for two weeks. Nothing wrong with it.

As long as any strategy works for you there is nothing wrong with that.

In spite of the negative news coming from the Eurozone, this pair has bounced off the support line at 1.2800. However, the bearish bias is still here: the bounce upwards may proffer an opportunity to sell dearer. For the current bearish outlook not to be invalid, the price ought not to go above the resistance line at 1.2950.

Kinell - you are running riot over T2W with posts lifted from elsewhere.
If you don't acknowledge your sources it could be seen as plagiarism or, worse, give the impression you are knowledgeable about trading, which, since you are a Vendor, is naughty.

You lifted the above post from here:

Daily Trading Forecasts (May 21, 2013)

Result for 23.05 -78pips. Today's EURUSD Index value is -29, we hold short from 1.2930 for one daily bar (24.05).

Current result:

April 9 +62 pips,
April 11 +39 pips;
April 16 +131 pips,
April 22 -21 pips;
April 23 +62 pips;
April 25 -3 pips,
April 30 +74 pips,
May 15 -51 pips,
May 16 -3 pips,
May 17 +45 pips,
May 23 -78 pips,