EURUSD Discussions

FoxEpedia

hi

Seeing the increase in posts on various currency pairs, we have decided to start generic threads, this one being for EUR/USD.

All items related to EUR/USD should go in here, *unless* there is a specialized topic or question related to EUR/USD.

We will err on the side of caution and assume discussions on the pair should be in this thread.

I hope this will keep the forums clean, discussions coherent and synchronized.

By FoxEpedia

lots of trading pair in this trading place and from all EURUSD is most usable and profitable , most of the time i use this trading pair particularly when time to scalp.

Considering the size and volume being default anti dollar pair, I don't understand why this thread has not took off. Maybe due to the dull volatility and the rise of bitcoin this is so.

Is thread to discuss strategy?

I prefer trading with EURUSD because it is considered the most used pair since the London and New York interface period due to the reasonable volatility, heavy volume and tight spreads.
that is one of the key problems why EURUSD is one of the more complicated ccy pairs with a lot of mean reversion and overlaps.. of course i trade EURUSD a lot too but usually only when there is a real story and i guess since the ECB Knot comments yesterday we do have a story... BUT you spend a lot of time in the most overtraded pair... would suggest you pick at least another 1 or 2 USD pairs that do move a bit in more straight way

Why is EURUSD considered one of the most popular pair to trade? Is there any other pair that is same as EURUSD?
the reason being the US economy and EU economy are the largest blocs and EURUSD is the biggest component in the DXY.. while of course China is the second largest economy BUT has a managed Currency, strongly influenced by the PBOC there are other big pairs like USDJPY and GBPUSD followed by AUDUSD etc... but by volume EURUSD is by far the largest

no worries just had to address it... i dont mind banter but given its a public forum those things jsut cant be on here
Good to hear and see a focused and serious thread too. Here is my tuppance worth on the Euro...

EURUSD is going to test 1.24-1.25 regions imo. I suspect it will breach that resistance level and end up testing 1.30s in due course. Then we'll see it oscillating between 1.28-1.32 for some time.

Euro is a currency with much political capital attached to it. Might come under some pressure since Biden has been elected and playing the hard ball game against Russia and trying to win friends back in Europe after Trumps shenanigans.

France and UK likely to be thorn on the side of big ol Germany but on the whole, we can expect good stewardship imo.

I'm bullish on the Euro.

Last edited:
Good to hear and see a focused and serious thread too. Here is my tuppance worth on the Euro...

EURUSD is going to test 1.24-1.25 regions imo. I suspect it will breach that resistance level and end up testing 1.30s in due course. Then we'll see it oscillating between 1.28-1.32 for some time.

Euro is a currency with much political capital attached to it. Might come under some pressure since Biden has been elected and playing the hard ball game against Russia and trying to win friends back in Europe after Trumps shenanigans.

France and UK likely to be thorn on the side of big ol Germany but on the whole, we can expect good stewardship imo.

I'm bullish on the Euro.
oki Good luck with that... might have some upside in the short term but feel Q2 onwards it is all about the USD... EUR will be back being used as a funding ccy to buy EM... with US inflation starting to head higher while ECB continues to be stuck in the low gear.... WATCH ECB language should EUR get to 1.2300-1.2400... i feel 1.2500 is the line in the sand of tolerance from the ECB... could see them cutting rates to avoid a move to 1.3000... so any rally to 1.2350-1.2500 would be a big sell for me.. if we even get there but i guess that is what makes a market

Is there any other pair that is volatile in the market like EURUSD? How different is the EUERUSD pair compared to other major pairs?
well if you were to talk about volatility.. EURUSD is the least volatile.. you would be looking at AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD , GBPUSD that are more volatile than EURUSD... and of course you could go all the way to Emerging markets like USDZAR USDTRY USDMXN etc... if you really fancy volatility but in EM would just need more knowledge and expertise to survive but if volatility it is you are after, then maybe EURUSD is the wrong product. The difference is really in its volatility... the most traded pair is of course overtraded as well, many mean reversions why the further out you go, are better trend pairs

EURUSD Daily- after the test at 1.1945 that held... it is now clear that the move lower in the EURUSD was more of a correction of the move to 1.2350 rather than the current bounce being a correction of the move lower BUT jury is still out... while it was clear that if 1.1945 does NOT give way that there is a good chance of a bounce... we have yet to break the 1.2175 level my strong 4h fibo resistance to actually open the door to more upside.. while inside of 1.1945 vs 1.2175... the overall direction is not yet clear

1613375203726.png

1613375221152.png

Anyone here currently trading with EURUSD knows if it has bounced back from the weakening to face the trend’s resistance?
well not quite sure what you mean with the question.... for me it is as described above... a break of 1.2175 and a close above there would be the moment where i would think there is a risk for EURUSD to re test the 1.2350 highs while below 1.2175.. the rally so far from 1.1950 would be corrective... but to keep it simple.. we seem to remain very much in the range of the key fibo levels from the 4h chart... 1.2065 vs 1.2175.. break either side would give you an extension of the trend. up or down

1613394945025.png

Why you spreading negativity against the website... Or creates this fake image on the website...
Well the fact that you haven't enquired why or what may be causing that message to be produced, demands an important question as to whether you know what you are doing or just part of some other parties stooge.

That message is from Norton's AV. Not something I produced.

You should look at the message and not attack the messenger.

Why are you spreading malicious websites on public boards?

Are you a trump supporter? I have better things to do than produce fake images. However, I do like to help fellow posters avoid visiting websites like that.

Now go away and investigate what may be causing that message.

There is a link to dispute or correct Norton's assessment. You could take it up with them.

You don't have to thank me for bringing it to your attention.

1615974491300.png

Last edited:
There all risky but EURUSD is 2nd to USDJPY for lowest vol so it moves less each day and is less risky than say AUDUSD which is higher volatility. All the action is in Indices and Commodities, I think FX is less fun to trade these days used to get 200pip moves in EURUSD know that is impossible almost.

Why do many traders suggest trading with EURUSD currency pairs, and can a beginner trader make consistent profit with EURUSD pairs?

Why do many traders suggest trading with EURUSD currency pairs, and can a beginner trader make consistent profit with EURUSD pairs?
Yes it's the most liquid pair to trade with normally the lowest spread. I use it for 1 minute chart scalping breaks from 1hr, 4 hr, 15m, shoot for no more than 5 pips, quite often 2 pips and its a safe place to learn your craft. Obviously steer clear of news announcements.

oki Good luck with that... might have some upside in the short term but feel Q2 onwards it is all about the USD... EUR will be back being used as a funding ccy to buy EM... with US inflation starting to head higher while ECB continues to be stuck in the low gear.... WATCH ECB language should EUR get to 1.2300-1.2400... i feel 1.2500 is the line in the sand of tolerance from the ECB... could see them cutting rates to avoid a move to 1.3000... so any rally to 1.2350-1.2500 would be a big sell for me.. if we even get there but i guess that is what makes a market
Essential condition for this forecast is hawkish ECB we can't expect rate flows without that. however its unlikely to start bond tapering soon while Fed is apparently on the brink of tightening.

The growth of the Euro Dollar still continued and I believe that it is too early to consider the downtrend broken. There is a possibility that the scenario of the fall continuation within the current trend will be fulfilled. Now the price is at a key level, which does not allow it to grow further, despite the fact that the EMA100 has already been broken. The MACD signal was close to becoming bearish and the resistance level of 1.1800 is still ahead. The RSI is not yet showing aggressive overbought, although it is above the middle. Therefore, I have to conclude the fact that selling now or after testing 1.1800 is my target. I will follow the market further and as soon as the fall scenario is confirmed I will go short.
Support at 1.1730 and 1.1665 will be key exit levels.
If the trend breaks through and 1.1800 takes place, then indeed, I will consider the option to buy in order to close the profit at 1.1890.

Attachments

• EURUSD_2021AUG26.png
    EURUSD_2021AUG26.png
    75.1 KB · Views: 115